Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: support for e71
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
omen wrote:
does malsingmaps able to be install on e71. as it is a symbian os? please let me knw asap. thx
:)

:welcome:
Maybe you would like to read this topic on Nokia E71.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Nokia E71
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 am 

GPS: Nokia E71
Hi fellows. Recently I updated the firmware of my E71 to the latest v400 firmware. Updated Garmin MobileXT to v5.00.50 as well. However, while importing my backed up "gpx" file back into the fresh installation (of mobile XT), it always hangs & subsequently aborts/fails the import process:

(hangs somewhere around this stage of the import process)

I have no success with importing the GPX file on v5.00.60 & even the older v5.00.40. All other functions of the Garmin software are functional. I've adhered to the process on the official Garmin site for backing up & re-importing the current.gpx file but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try?

Pls do advise. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
ralliart12 wrote:
Hi fellows. Recently I updated the firmware of my E71 to the latest v400 firmware. Updated Garmin MobileXT to v5.00.50 as well. However, while importing my backed up "gpx" file back into the fresh installation (of mobile XT), it always hangs & subsequently aborts/fails the import process:

(hangs somewhere around this stage of the import process)

I have no success with importing the GPX file on v5.00.60 & even the older v5.00.40. All other functions of the Garmin software are functional. I've adhered to the process on the official Garmin site for backing up & re-importing the current.gpx file but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try?

Pls do advise. Thanks in advance.

Try this using MapSource.

Use MapSource to read the info from your phone. Then delete "current.gpx" from your phone. Run GMXT and export "current.gpx", a new "current.gpx" will be created. Use MapSource to send info back to phone. And finally, import "current.gpx".

Hope that it works. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 pm 

Zeus73 wrote:
Try this using MapSource...

I downloaded the Mapsource installer frm e official Garmin site but apparently I need to have one copy installed b4 I can install e latest version? I have never use MapSource b4, not very familiar with its installation procedures or usage restriction...so now I'm stuck again; can't even try your proposed method:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:13 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
ralliart12 wrote:
I downloaded the Mapsource installer frm e official Garmin site but apparently I need to have one copy installed b4 I can install e latest version? I have never use MapSource b4, not very familiar with its installation procedures or usage restriction...so now I'm stuck again; can't even try your proposed method:

If you have not downloaded and installed Mapsource before, read this to guide you to go about doing so.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:38 am 

Finally managed to import an older copy of my current.gpx file (6kb). Have to forfeit my latest current.gpx (302kb) but better than totally losing all my personal waypoints. Oh well...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 pm 

GPS: Garmin nüvi 2465;

---------------------
Garmin nüvi 285WT;
GMXT 5.00.60
[Nokia.E71.S60v3];
First of all, I'd like to say a big hello to everyone here, this is my 1st post as a noob. I spent the whole of yesterday thats 10am - 2am the following morning trolling this forum, until my eyes glazed over & my brain saturated. ALL YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, SO MUCH PASSION & DEDICATION :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OK..so I got a few qns, & I did try to search as well:

1. Which GPS is best for our phone, I have all the below ticked except for bluetooth.
- Assisted GPS
- Intergrated GPS
- Network based
Anyone know what is the difference?

2. My Garmin mistress keeps complaining "Lost Satellite reception" & this is in in broad open highway with clear sky. I also get this when I hit the tunnels. How can I overcome this?

3. I also get "Recalculating" many times, it just goes haywire even when I am on the correct track, is there a remedy for this?

Last qn, & I believe this has been asked quite alot:
4. I have tried both the MSM v4.40 & the NT 2009.40 (just installed them yesterday, part of my boot-camp yesterday) & I love them both. Is there a way to use both maps?
My version is GarminMobileXT 5.00.60.S60.

I have seen units with more than 1 img, ie: GMAPSUPP.IMG & GMAPSUPP1.IMG. How does this work? If both are from the same map sources, then 1 UNL file should be sufficient right? If I need use an AU or US map from another provider using City Navigator does this mean I need another UNL file?

Unless of course XT cannot do dual map loads...but I duno

Thank you in advance :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:22 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
:welcome: bro titanax :welcome: to MFM

As a newbie, please spend time in our wiki section for knowledge on GPS.

My answers to your questions in red

titanax wrote:
First of all, I'd like to say a big hello to everyone here, this is my 1st post as a noob. I spent the whole of yesterday thats 10am - 2am the following morning trolling this forum, until my eyes glazed over & my brain saturated. ALL YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, SO MUCH PASSION & DEDICATION :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OK..so I got a few qns, & I did try to search as well:

1. Which GPS is best for our phone, I have all the below ticked except for bluetooth.
- Assisted GPS
Network assisted GPS. As long as your phone works, the GPS will work.

- Intergrated GPS
Built into device thus shared resources. Process Performance suffer vs dedicated

- Network based
See item 1
Anyone know what is the difference?

2. My Garmin mistress keeps complaining "Lost Satellite reception" & this is in in broad open highway with clear sky. I also get this when I hit the tunnels. How can I overcome this?
Car tint / sun shield can effect GPS performance. GPS need clear line of sight to satellite vehicles. Will not work inside building and tunnels

3. I also get "Recalculating" many times, it just goes haywire even when I am on the correct track, is there a remedy for this?
Does happens if signal is weak.

Last qn, & I believe this has been asked quite alot:
4. I have tried both the MSM v4.40 & the NT 2009.40 (just installed them yesterday, part of my boot-camp yesterday) & I love them both. Is there a way to use both maps?
My version is GarminMobileXT 5.00.60.S60.
Not recommended as maps will clash. Don't be greedy :mrgreen:

I have seen units with more than 1 img, ie: GMAPSUPP.IMG & GMAPSUPP1.IMG. How does this work? If both are from the same map sources, then 1 UNL file should be sufficient right? If I need use an AU or US map from another provider using City Navigator does this mean I need another UNL file?
Unless your processor is powerful enough to handle the amount of data, using multiple maps is not recommended, particularly when using GMXT. Maps can be merged or using different map file names is a solution but not recommended in your case.
Unless of course XT cannot do dual map loads...but I duno

Thank you in advance :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 pm 

GPS: Garmin nüvi 2465;

---------------------
Garmin nüvi 285WT;
GMXT 5.00.60
[Nokia.E71.S60v3];
SilverBeauty wrote:
:welcome: bro titanax :welcome: to MFM
Car tint / sun shield can effect GPS performance. GPS need clear line of sight to satellite vehicles. Will not work inside building and tunnels

Oh yes! I totally forgot about this, 2 COMEX ago I bought the Marbella MAPKING together with my colleague, same model & we both drive the same car. Guess what did not work for me, so we did a test, exchange sets in our car & when I use his I lose GPS signal, when he use mine, works perfectly fine! Only difference he uses some unknown brand of solar film & mine is V-KOOL

So I called the agent & they told me they can try to replace the set but after I told them I suspect its my solar film he told me " Oh V-KOOL...yea that one always got problem one, sorry sir can't do much" Yea, thanks for telling me now, at the show he sell like until the satellite also I can touch. Of course he did offer me an alternative, hook up an exteral GPS antenna, "no problem one, just need to run wiring through / pass your firewall and drill a "small hole"............. anyways long story short i managed to sell of my set & have been using my E71 ever since.

Morale of story "When buy car no need always go for "best" solar film, must think outside the box and factor impact on GPS signal" :lol:

& thanks for the quick reply...there is so much info on this forum, can be overwhelming sometimes!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
titanax wrote:

Oh yes! I totally forgot about this, 2 COMEX ago I bought the Marbella MAPKING together with my colleague, same model & we both drive the same car. Guess what did not work for me, so we did a test, exchange sets in our car & when I use his I lose GPS signal, when he use mine, works perfectly fine! Only difference he uses some unknown brand of solar film & mine is V-KOOL

So I called the agent & they told me they can try to replace the set but after I told them I suspect its my solar film he told me " Oh V-KOOL...yea that one always got problem one, sorry sir can't do much" Yea, thanks for telling me now, at the show he sell like until the satellite also I can touch. Of course he did offer me an alternative, hook up an exteral GPS antenna, "no problem one, just need to run wiring through / pass your firewall and drill a "small hole"............. anyways long story short i managed to sell of my set & have been using my E71 ever since.

Morale of story "When buy car no need always go for "best" solar film, must think outside the box and factor impact on GPS signal" :lol:

& thanks for the quick reply...there is so much info on this forum, can be overwhelming sometimes!

V-kool is known to cause reception problem as the film is embedded with metal particles that interferes with the satellite signal.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next