Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:30 am 

GPS: nokia N82
hi, nokia map only can be use with nokia map not other 3rd party

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm 

GPS: nokia 6210
Hi, installed everything like u guys said, but first i have no voice (the url for the basemap and voice are the same in this post), second on settings i can´t see connectivity, so Garmin says i don't have a gps.

Installed GarminMobileXTforSymbianS603rdEdition_50010

Can u help?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 pm 

GPS: Nokia N8
*** Deleted ***

Last edited by FuGGer on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Nokia 6210 Navigator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 pm 

GPS: Currently not an owner
Hi everyone,
First, i like to say hi to everyone as I'm a newbie in GPS. Next, I would like to seek the advise from all the gurus here. I've just installed Garmin Mobile XT(5.00.20) on my 6210. One intermitten issue that i've encountered is the GPS is not turned off after i've close the Garmin XT application from the phone. When that happens, the only way is to restart the phone. Please kindly advise. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
gafff08 wrote:
Hi everyone,
First, i like to say hi to everyone as I'm a newbie in GPS. Next, I would like to seek the advise from all the gurus here. I've just installed Garmin Mobile XT(5.00.20) on my 6210. One intermitten issue that i've encountered is the GPS is not turned off after i've close the Garmin XT application from the phone. When that happens, the only way is to restart the phone. Please kindly advise. Thanks.

This may be related to your case:

Some phones, you need to exit the prog itself. Simply pressing 'end' button does not exit GMXT.
You are just exiting from that page and the prog is still running in the background. I know this
is the case for E66. If you press and hold the menu button, all the progs running in the background
will show up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:38 pm 

Hi bartmp8,
Thanks for your reply. I have actually exit the program using the exit in the Garmin mobile XT. I verified that the program is not running by depressing the menu button and I can see that the GarminXT is no longer running. Could the problem be related to my version of the Garmin XT? After browsing thru the forums, i discovered that there are lotsa issues with version 5 and many forumers have actually down graded to version 4. I also discovered that the GPS is not accurate as it sometimes ask me to turn right when there isn't a right turn available.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
gafff08 wrote:
Hi bartmp8,
Thanks for your reply. I have actually exit the program using the exit in the Garmin mobile XT. I verified that the program is not running by depressing the menu button and I can see that the GarminXT is no longer running. Could the problem be related to my version of the Garmin XT? After browsing thru the forums, i discovered that there are lotsa issues with version 5 and many forumers have actually down graded to version 4. I also discovered that the GPS is not accurate as it sometimes ask me to turn right when there isn't a right turn available.

Regards

Bro not sure about v5 bugs, I have not heard others complaining about this. Let see if any actual GMXT/Nokia
members can enlighten us all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
Community POI leader
Community POI leader

GPS: nil
Simply move over to the antenna signal strength icon.
Select by pressing down the button.
From here, you can off ur gps option.
And there you have ur gps off.

Try out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:43 pm 

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. Will try turning it off from the antenna strength icon when it happen again.
As for the inaccuracy of the location, is it due to my hardware(GPS) or due to the Garmin Mobile XT software? My phone is still new(less than 7 days) so if there's any hardware issue, I hope that I can detect it early n send it back to nokia. Thanks again.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 pm 

Hi,
i've tried turning it off via the signal strength icon but i still see the GPS device on indicator :(
Hopefully, a nokia guru can help me out here. Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next