Moderator: Moderators

koi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: GPSMAP 60CSx, Nuvi610, N82 aGPS, Oregon 300, Nuvi 760

Re: Nokia N82 phone

#211 Post by koi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

jans_wkh wrote:Hi fellas,

Do you guys meant that the external software like calcium or gmxt still remain in the internal memory after the firmware upgrade? I have experienced on my n95 that all software like calcium, isilo, and 3rd party software wiped off. So far, I found the n82 to very fast.
Yes, I find the performance or speed is rather speedy compared to prior to updates.

I don't think it wiped out my apps on the internal memory. Besides, I recall the N95 upgrade did ask you to check on the "wipe out" notification before proceeding. The N82 does not ask for this when you do the upgrade.

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: n95+gmxt, vista hcx

#212 Post by jans_wkh » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 pm

Initially, I bought it to replace the n95, but after using it for a while, I gave it to my wife. :mrgreen: Still prefer the original n95, and will wait for the n95 replacement. I just don't like the n82 outlook, especially the key pad. The picture taken by the n82 is brilliant and nicer than the n95 and n73. I read somewhere that the battery life should be better compare to n95, but I am not so sure. One thing for sure, the OS feels much faster.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#213 Post by cruiser » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:40 pm

I just met another, a Scotts on my Tour trip to Sevilla and he he some "gadget" man who is pretty upbeat about his gadgets including the 1st N95 and now has also the Mk 2 N95 as he puts it...
From his evaluation, looks like he knows what he's onto... and praising the super performance of the GPS on his new Nokia as well as the one on his Nikon firmware that his Benz is using.

Maybe, I'll review again on the N95 from other Forums when I get back from our Algarve holiday.

Cheers to all from sunny, dry Portugal beating down us with a cool 22 degrees only... awesome!!!

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ Open-A-FREE AP account
Image ~ Tournaments << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

#214 Post by jchoong » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Cruiser,
I just got myself a N82 today to replace my 6110 - for larger screen, lighter weight, and Wifi. The keypad is really tiny; you have to use your nails to activate them! Guys like us with large fingers/thumbs will struggle - at least for the first few days. Trust you and Pat having fun in Portugal/Spain!

Edwin
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 760 & iPhone4

#215 Post by Edwin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:38 am

jchoong wrote:Cruiser,
I just got myself a N82 today to replace my 6110 - for larger screen, lighter weight, and Wifi. The keypad is really tiny; you have to use your nails to activate them! Guys like us with large fingers/thumbs will struggle - at least for the first few days. Trust you and Pat having fun in Portugal/Spain!
jchoong, I had a look at the n82 at KLCC this evening and by the feel of the really tiny keys, and as you said, you need nails to work those and if one is an avid texter, these will be a problem.

When I put it side by side with the n95, it may be a little thinner than the n95, but sure was longer though width wise, was almost the same. Overall, it seemed a little larger than the n95 since the keypad is not a slide away type like the n95.

Price wise, the dealer quoted me RM2,399, a little more expensive than the older n95. I guess if the functions of both are the same, then it's the feel and estatic look that will then count.

Now having seen the physical unit, I am also having second thoughts about getting it. Might relook at the n95.
* The GPS is the next best thing to sliced bread*
Never knew how I managed without a GPS all these years!

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#216 Post by cruiser » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm

jchoong wrote:Cruiser,

Thanks for the thought JC :thumbsup:

Sure had been, AWESOME in short and may head back again for a Spring holiday, in Andalucia (Spain) for the golfing bit. Just flew back late last night, could not find my parked car amidst dreaded temps, wind and pouring showers!!! Landed in a complete new airport!!! :shock: Was then ferried in a 50-pax luxury coach for just the two of us, the rest of passengers had to cram inside & settled for the routine shuttle bus mas we had a longterm parking as it turns out... old Charleoi Airport was abandon while we were in the Algarves. :mrgreen:

All my pics in a 4GB SD card still shows in my camera but remains as NADA for download onto the computer, even attempted through the camera's software, nothing!!! :ko:

Anyone knows what the potential problem might be? All ideas at this short notice are welcome before I head for the shop for advice. :prayer:

Am abt to leave to pick up my almost forgotten pets at their "hotels".... :oops:

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ Open-A-FREE AP account
Image ~ Tournaments << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

Edwin
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 760 & iPhone4

#217 Post by Edwin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Hey, I thought I saw a post under the vendors category for Phones Sales that listed a series of phones on offer e.g.
this n83 going for as cheap as USD300. But I can't seem to find this post again? Did anyone delete out the posting?

Did anyone check out the vendor to see if they are genuine to start with?

Cheers
* The GPS is the next best thing to sliced bread*
Never knew how I managed without a GPS all these years!

kennyboy
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 10x + Nokia 5800 + HP Mininote

#218 Post by kennyboy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:04 am

Edwin wrote:Hey, I thought I saw a post under the vendors category for Phones Sales that listed a series of phones on offer e.g.
this n83 going for as cheap as USD300. But I can't seem to find this post again? Did anyone delete out the posting?

Did anyone check out the vendor to see if they are genuine to start with?

Cheers
If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

That post was deleted for being SPAM.

anthonyvoo

#219 Post by anthonyvoo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 am

N82 can get RM1615.00 in malaysia

tecrc
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Nokia 5800, Nroute + Lenovo S10-2 with built-in GPS

#220 Post by tecrc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 am

Hello Anthonyvoo, Happy CNY. Wah, Suddenly so many posts ah..heheh
Must not forget to mentioned the Rm 1,615 price is for AP units ah... Original sets about Rm 2,300+
Look here for more info http://www.mobile88.com.my/mobilegaller ... 0759&cat=1 (price a bit outdated though)

Happy Holidays for the upcoming Chinese New Year Guys.... :thumbsup: