Nokia N95

Moderator: Moderators

jans_wkh
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: n95+gmxt, vista hcx

Re: Nokia N82 phone

#241 Post by jans_wkh » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:07 pm

jchoong wrote:The key pad on the N82 is really awful; especially the d-pad. Worst I have ever encountered on a mobile phone! However the features are awesome! Perhaps this N82 is designed mainly for the fairer sex - not for guys with big rounded thumb/finger tips and closely cropped nails!
Even my wife complain about the small keys, especially the small 'multimedia' (is that what they call it?) key on top of the 'C' key. After some time, she got use to it.

antlvk
GPS: N82 With Garmin Mobile XY 4.10.60

Problem with N82 Maps Naming

#242 Post by antlvk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 pm

I got Semenanjung and borneo and new zealand map in 1 IMG. seems running.

but the weird this is all the street name, places, etc in super short form, i mean super, places like e.g london it just show "L", that is making my n82 with garmin xt useless. Please help, thanks.

WIll be leaving from Sabah to Penang -> KL in march and Sabah -> Brunei -> Auckland... so needed this GPS badly.

Any one can help me?

darthobiguan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 610, E71 + GPS10x + Symbian GMXT + NRoute + Nokia Suports Tracker + GMPC

Re: N82 Gps System.

#243 Post by darthobiguan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:12 pm

The GMXT that you downloaded directly from Garmin website can only work with Garmin 10x bluetooth external receiver. Cannot work with other brand of receiver including builtin GPS receiver like yours. You need to purchase a slightly different GMXT from that can with with other brands of GPS receiver including builtin. Last I check in Digital Mall, it cost RM480 for the software alone.

darthobiguan
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 610, E71 + GPS10x + Symbian GMXT + NRoute + Nokia Suports Tracker + GMPC

Re: Problem with N82 Maps Naming

#244 Post by darthobiguan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:25 pm

For the semenanjung and borneo map, you can download the MXT (or more appropriately GMXT) map version from the link below. This is the June 07 Open map.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28

If you want the newest Feb 08 map, then you will need to contribute and get the new maps. For the NZ map, I don't think I can help you.

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

Re: Nokia N82 phone

#245 Post by cruiser » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:30 pm

jans_wkh wrote:
jchoong wrote:The key pad on the N82 is really awful; However the features are awesome!
Even my wife complain about the small keys. After some time, she got use to it.

I can't agree more with both reviews encountered. Not a fancier of swashing up Hp in public but when a call comes in and/or access to get the prompted latest "news" trailing the airwaves, I would always prefer a larger screen, nothing of those chopstick stylus to mangle with, no squinting again when under poor light conditions and again, with a need to read clearly... small sizes from multi tasking/media gadgets is unpopular for my desire. A larger frame with a min. 7 or 9" but no larger than a 12" will be my next choice and it has a WiFi plus mobile phone feature to go with and GPS included to accept Nav and TeleAtlas as well plus a good power autonomy to last at least 8 hours continued use with in between charge ups! Well..., I'm still on the lookout. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ Open-A-FREE AP account
Image ~ Tournaments << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ Get-A-Garm
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

PHansen
GPS: Garmin Mobile XT

#246 Post by PHansen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 am

Can someone shed some light on how the Garmin source was altered to allow the fix for malaysian maps so i can try and do it for the NZ ones? There seem to be a lot of NZ people interested in the fix and it would be great to get it done. Thanks all.

sabre23t
Councillor
Councillor
GPS: Nuvi1350 and Google Maps Android

#247 Post by sabre23t » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 am

PHansen wrote:Can someone shed some light on how the Garmin source was altered to allow the fix for malaysian maps so i can try and do it for the NZ ones? There seem to be a lot of NZ people interested in the fix and it would be great to get it done. Thanks all.
It needs to be done by someone who can recompile the NZ map from its source into Garmin format. I remember a thread explaining about the howto on that in NZ's gwprojects.org forum. :-k
The world is MyMaps!

manfisto
GPS: N95, Nokia Map, GMXT

Re: Garmin Mobile XT working with nokia N95 internal gps

#248 Post by manfisto » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 pm

hi i'm a N95 user which installed GMXT with the use of internal GPS, and i've tried to put the malsingmap (open) into /Garmin folder, but i still cant see any map showing.

any solution or suggestion?? thx u

redshadow
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Nokia N82+10X,,
Nuvi 350

#249 Post by redshadow » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:08 pm

manfisto wrote:hi i'm a N95 user which installed GMXT with the use of internal GPS, and i've tried to put the malsingmap (open) into /Garmin folder, but i still cant see any map showing.

only the original GMXT from garmin can use the internal gps,,
as for our 3rd party gmxt it'll only works with bt gpsr 10X
Life Is Full Of Adventure

manfisto
GPS: N95, Nokia Map, GMXT

#250 Post by manfisto » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:18 pm

redshadow wrote:
manfisto wrote:hi i'm a N95 user which installed GMXT with the use of internal GPS, and i've tried to put the malsingmap (open) into /Garmin folder, but i still cant see any map showing.

only the original GMXT from garmin can use the internal gps,,
as for our 3rd party gmxt it'll only works with bt gpsr 10X

yup as i've just mentioned, i've been able to use the internal gps for GMXT, but when i load malsingmaps, its still show no map, and thats my issue right now.

thx

ps i'm using NOT-LOCKED gmapsupp.zip files