Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Kenwood - All Models
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 pm 

GPS: Garmin nuvi 600
Hi I'm new in this forum. Would like to know more on how to get the Kenwood DNX7100 from the US? Most of it does not ship to SG. Hope to know more from the bros who already ordered/installed it.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Kenwood DNX7100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:37 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin 10x, Dell X50V, rw6828, Mobile XT
Have you tried VPost ? You can get Vpost to ship amazon's order.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:28 am 

GPS: Kenwood KNA-G510 & DDX6019
bb1314 wrote:
Hi I'm new in this forum. Would like to know more on how to get the Kenwood DNX7100 from the US? Most of it does not ship to SG. Hope to know more from the bros who already ordered/installed it.

Let's wait for a few bros to show up... there are at least 2 bros who have it..

I got my DDX6019 from a eBay seller. Had to contact him to request that he send it to Sgp. Usually, as long as money is paid, they would send. Rather honest ppl. I bought 2 sets in the end.

Look around eBay.. that's my suggestion. Then contact the seller to find out about shipment to Singapore. It helps if you have a Paypal account as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:11 am 

Better to buy from ebay or Amazon? I saw the price varies from about USD$800+ to $1300++ from the 2 websites. Which seller to choose? Quite skeptical about scams. It's thousand plus sg dollar leh... Can those bros who successfully brought in pm me the seller?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:31 am 

kiteman wrote:
Have you tried VPost ? You can get Vpost to ship amazon's order.

looks quite promising... aside from shipping charges & GST, is there any other extra charges? I'm a completely noob... Am i right to say if the buying price is ard SGD$1500, I have to add ard SGD$200 - 300 for the shipping charges, gst etc?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:20 pm 

GPS: XDA EXEC + Holux GPSlim236, Kenwood DNX7100
I got mine via Amazon's marketplace, the seller is rudys_deals. When I received the item it was sent from Electronics Bonanza (http://www.electronicsbonanza.com)

I paid approx USD980 for the unit excluding shipping and shipping cost around USD 25 to the VPOST consolidation centre.
Subsequently I used VPOST to ship it to Singapore and that costs SGD 234 for shipping as well as GST for the item. All in all it took 2 weeks to arrive at Singapore. I opted for a a quicker shipping at amazon which takes 3 days.

You can check out amazon for the item, I just did a check and rudys_deals is not on the list, however there is another seller with a slightly lower price and lower shipping rate (barneys_electronics):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 162&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:37 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: GPSMap 76CSx (Tracking), Nokia N85 (Navigation)
Any news regarding this unit in Malaysia and Singapore (price/shops). :mrgreen:

Last edited by deani77 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:30 pm 

midnightjazz wrote:
I got mine via Amazon's marketplace, the seller is rudys_deals. When I received the item it was sent from Electronics Bonanza (http://www.electronicsbonanza.com)
checked with Electronics Bonanza and currently they have no stock. Think this is the lowest price I can find so far - shown in their website USD 896.76, which add up all costs is about SGD1650. Barneys is about SGD1750. Others like 6th avenue & electronics express will be ard SGD1900. From the ratings, barneys shld be quite credible right?

One more question - 2 din HU means it can be fitted into any vehicles with 2 din space? This Kenwood can be fitted into the 2007 Vios? Thinking to replace the stock unit with this one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:15 pm 

GPS: XDA EXEC + Holux GPSlim236, Kenwood DNX7100
bb1314 wrote:
checked with Electronics Bonanza and currently they have no stock. Think this is the lowest price I can find so far - shown in their website USD 896.76, which add up all costs is about SGD1650. Barneys is about SGD1750. Others like 6th avenue & electronics express will be ard SGD1900. From the ratings, barneys shld be quite credible right?

One more question - 2 din HU means it can be fitted into any vehicles with 2 din space? This Kenwood can be fitted into the 2007 Vios? Thinking to replace the stock unit with this one.

The rating looks pretty good, the one that I bought from has pretty good ratings as well. As far as I know, buying via Amazon's maketplace is quite safe as your payment is received via Amazon and released to the seller by Amazon

Yes double din (2 din) units should fit into any 2-din space. I'm not too sure specifically about fitting in the vios but I do know that vios has a 2 din space.

I hope mine will fit too, as I am still waiting for my 2007 Stream to be delivered.

All the best and I'm sure we will get in touch again when we got it installed. The other bro who has succesfully installed the DNX7100 was sammy. search the wiki and there should be pictures of it too. :)

Here's the link to the wiki : http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... r#DNX-7100

Last edited by midnightjazz on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:34 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
kiteman wrote:
Alternative, buddy with a friend that travel to US frequently, buy and ship to his/her US office address. Hand carry back. No GST, no shipping cost. BUT...will cost you a dinner or 2.

Not true that there is no GST doing so this way. Bro, don't get the wrong idea that when you buy anything overseas and hand carry it back, you are free from paying GST. As a Singaporean, when u are away for more than 48 hours, you are entitled to buy and bring back anything worth S$300 or less without having to pay the 7% GST. Anything in excess is subject to 7% GST. If you don't declare the purchase and walk thru without being stopped by the customs for inspection, consider yourself lucky. If they find anything that is not declared they have the right to take action against you for evading tax. The choice is yours to make - declare and pay the tax or take the risk and walk thru without declaring. :mrgreen:

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next