Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:42 pm 

GPS: Garmin
:ko: i'm wrong for the wild guess. The manual had stated clearly. Thanks for the clarification! =D>

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:46 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 610
Not sure about Nuvi 200, but on my Nuvi 610, there is a setting where you can set the map details to HIGHEST.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:52 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 310
bross wrote:
civian wrote:
If it is bulit for automotive, then i believe the garmin engineer would have though of the heat or the operating temperature in the various different environment in different countries, spring, summer, winter etc

My guess is that it will work fine.

Just left any of plastic material on your dashboard under direct sun light.. See whether the garmin engineer did something on that or not??... i would like to know it myself also..

I read in a motoring magazine many many years ago that one of the lowest temp. area is the glove compartment. I guess this is a generic statement and depends on the location and design of the glove compartment. I have not put a thermometer to test it out though.
In general, putting something under sunlight subjects it to strong UV light and if you notice, pails, containers, cloths, even paint fade with time when under the sun. Some plastics have additives which make them UV resistant and supple. I hope some plastic engineer can provide more details. I have come across products undergoing temp/humidity tests but rarely do I come across direct sunlight (UV) tests. Military applications might require them. Plastics under direct sunlight might fade and/or warp over time. Putting in glove compartment would certainly be better in this instance. Condensation can be more damaging to electronics. Camera and lenses have special warnings not to cycle though big temp differences like hot/cold. Your specs misting up when you get out of the car is one example though it might not be an extreme example.

rgds,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:57 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 610, E71 + GPS10x + Symbian GMXT + NRoute + Nokia Suports Tracker + GMPC
I don't have a nuvi 200 but I noticed that when I zoom in on my Nuvi 610, more details are shown.... Might work on yours too...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:16 am 

GPS: Garmin Products
Vendor, Importer & Distributor ( Nothern Region )
I've just change from nuvi 200 to 310. I guess the detail on nuvi 200 r much less compared to 310. Its the matter of the model n price.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:28 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 610, E71 + GPS10x + Symbian GMXT + NRoute + Nokia Suports Tracker + GMPC
Better tint your windows and windshield.... Lower the temperature... haha...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:53 am 

GPS: garmin nuvi 310
Garmin mobile 10x / mobile xt
Itrek / nroute
Garmin Gpsmap 276c
I have had my nuvi stuck on the windshield mount day in day out now. Did not read the warning in the manual. So far no problems with my nuvi. Perhaps it is the vkool tint which is protecting it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:21 am 

GPS: Nokia 6110 Navigator
Well for me heat or no heat i rather not put my Navi in the open while i'm away from the car. Just don't want those inteligent thieves to notice my car is equipt with one.

A simple discerpline might help by keeping it in a proper area. This may also help for the battery cell or the component inside last long. :thumbsup:

Sorry only my 2cent opinion. :oops:

Post subject: Re: Is TTS very useful
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Garmin 60CSx; Nuvi 300 (TTS); TyTN II (Mapking R12)
kentng wrote:
Thanks for all your reply, looks like TTS is useful in city navigation.

i checked Garmin Website, Nuvi 300 does not support TTS.

Is it because of the recent software updates ?

S480, price is quite ok. Any Malaysia user buy this Nuvi 300 with TTS recently ?

What is the price and where you get it ?

Currently checking with Jchin but no reply yet.

regards
Kent

Nuvi 300 with TTS are for China market. Mine comes with TTS. I was buying the lowest range of nuvi so I went for nuvi 300 because I did not need the bells and whistles of the higher end models which to me are not useful enough to justify the cut-throat price tag. I bought mine from Perfect Watch at SLS. My set had TTS and it was a surprise bonus to me. In addition, mine comes with original Garmin SG/JB map. I bought an additional SD card for my malsing maps. Those brothers who bought at 400-500+ comes without the original Garmin map.

Post subject: Re: Is TTS very useful
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:14 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 660
TTS is useful when you want to keep your eyes on the road. A driver has to look out for traffic, pedestrians, road signs, etc. To navigate to an unfamiliar territory TTS is great. Probably less useful in your usual route but you can always turn it off. Having the option is better than none.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 54  Next