Page 3 of 6

Garmin Nuvi 200: View Favorite Location Coordinates

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 pm
by gt4
I like this, it is one of the problem i face too. Also extract from somewhere :finga:
=======================
One of the problems I have come across with my Garmin Nuvi 200, is that you cannot see the co-ordinates of your saved favorite locations.

I have found a way around this, albeit a bit of a long winded way, you can still see the co-ordinates.

Turn your GPS onto GPS simulator mode. The simulator mode allows you to view a route or location, even if you are not at that specific location, or if you cannot pick up GPS satellites. To turn your GPS into GPS simulator mode:
Settings -> System -> GPS Simulator -> ON

Image
Image
Image

Go back to the main Screen and click Where To -> Favorites

Image

Choose your location that you require the GPS co-ordinates for.

Image
(I have chosen a restaurant called Ciao)

Click on SHOW MAP
Image

Zoom in as far as you can using the PLUS button in the top right , and click on “Set Loc”. (Set Location) and then click GO
Image

When the screen comes up with “Do you want to simulate driving this route?”, click NO
Image

Once this screen disappears you will see your vehicle icon, placed on your favorite location. Click on the vehicle icon and it will show you the coordinates of your saved favorite location.

Image
You can now share your locations, with other people, by giving the exact coordinates.

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:20 pm
by JJ007
is there a way to 'downgrade' to ver 3.40?, mine already having ver 3.60 :(

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:30 pm
by libra6868
JJ007 wrote:is there a way to 'downgrade' to ver 3.40?, mine already having ver 3.60 :(
yes, since yours is non-indo version...read this
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4347

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:30 pm
by ahbahari
[quote="JJ007"]is there a way to 'downgrade' to ver 3.40?, mine already having ver 3.60

Let us know if you succeed :thumbsup:

Re: Viewing Coordinates on Nuvi 200

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:11 am
by jasonlee
Redstorm wrote:
DrSec wrote: Now that I have found a way of obtaining the Map Coordinates, UTTER devastation, most of my precious POIs are already in the maps.

Soon Garmin Nuvi 200* owners will end up being eliminated from MSM, cos we dont have tracking and dont have the ability to create maps and run out of new POIs.



Cheers
27Jan08
Don't be disheartened just because your new found POIs are already in the latest map as you will soon find something that is not in the map. And, it is also not true that, not being able to track, will render the Nuvi 200 owners running out of new POIs. I can assure you that there are still plenty of new POIs or errors waiting to be discovered if you try hard enough.
I hope DrSec has not become disheartened already.

I am also a newbie and only laid hands on a Nuvi200 3 weeks ago. Apart from contributing POIs there are also other things you can contribute. I did try to 'downgrade' my Firmware from 3.80 to 3.40 to use the hidden track log function but was not successful. I am not ready to buy another GPS just for the sake of recording tracks as I still have my Magellan Meridian Gold which I have been using since 2003 and have plenty of tracks recorded all over the world. (I will buy another if Garmin comes out with something equivalent to the Magellan Crossover.) If only somebody will show me how I can convert these Magellan tracks to Garmin tracks that would be great but I have digressed.

If you drive around with your Nuvi200, you are bound to notice some missing roads or some routing errors most likely due to wrong directions of traffic flow. Take note of that and check with the latest map in MapSource to see whether those errors have been corrected. If not, you have an opportunity to contribute.

Not having the track recording function should not prevent you from reporting missing roads. You can mark the strategic points as waypoints where the roads deviate from a straight line and download those waypoints with your MapSource. Then you can use the Track Drawing tool to link the waypoints and viola, you have the missing roads on track as accurate as a track logging GPSr can do.

On POIs, don't look for the obvious but share your secret favourite restaurants for example and that should keep you going for a while. Fortunately for me, it is not too difficult to retrieve my Magellan waypoint info. But when you go to any place from now on, have your GPSr with you to collect waypoints and contribute them if you think others will benefit from knowing the locations of those places. If 2 contributions will entitle me to unlock codes for a monthly map, I have contributed more than a year's worth in less than 3 weeks and still have plenty more to share.

Re: Viewing Coordinates on Nuvi 200

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am
by ahbahari
jasonlee wrote:
Redstorm wrote: Don't be disheartened just because your new found POIs are already in the latest map as you will soon find something that is not in the map. And, it is also not true that, not being able to track, will render the Nuvi 200 owners running out of new POIs. I can assure you that there are still plenty of new POIs or errors waiting to be discovered if you try hard enough.
I hope DrSec has not become disheartened already.

I am also a newbie and only laid hands on a Nuvi200 3 weeks ago. Apart from contributing POIs there are also other things you can contribute. I did try to 'downgrade' my Firmware from 3.80 to 3.40 to use the hidden track log function but was not successful. I am not ready to buy another GPS just for the sake of recording tracks as I still have my Magellan Meridian Gold which I have been using since 2003 and have plenty of tracks recorded all over the world. (I will buy another if Garmin comes out with something equivalent to the Magellan Crossover.) If only somebody will show me how I can convert these Magellan tracks to Garmin tracks that would be great but I have digressed.

If you drive around with your Nuvi200, you are bound to notice some missing roads or some routing errors most likely due to wrong directions of traffic flow. Take note of that and check with the latest map in MapSource to see whether those errors have been corrected. If not, you have an opportunity to contribute.

Not having the track recording function should not prevent you from reporting missing roads. You can mark the strategic points as waypoints where the roads deviate from a straight line and download those waypoints with your MapSource. Then you can use the Track Drawing tool to link the waypoints and viola, you have the missing roads on track as accurate as a track logging GPSr can do.

On POIs, don't look for the obvious but share your secret favourite restaurants for example and that should keep you going for a while. Fortunately for me, it is not too difficult to retrieve my Magellan waypoint info. But when you go to any place from now on, have your GPSr with you to collect waypoints and contribute them if you think others will benefit from knowing the locations of those places. If 2 contributions will entitle me to unlock codes for a monthly map, I have contributed more than a year's worth in less than 3 weeks and still have plenty more to share.
If still crazy to do tracking but don't want to break the wallet again, can think about Holux M-241, a dual BT data logger and GPSr ( more info regarding the product, can ask bro Jeremaze :thumbsup: ). When finished trackking, download the data into mapsource and sent for your contribution to MSM

Cheers

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:56 am
by beyond
What is the maximum amount of favorites we can store in the internal memory?

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 am
by SilverBeauty
beyond wrote:What is the maximum amount of favorites we can store in the internal memory?
For Nuvi 200, you can store up to 500 favourites POI

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:04 pm
by beyond
ThANKS for the feedback! :)

Re: Viewing Coordinates Of "Favourite"On Nuvi 200 Series

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:05 pm
by silvermax
jChin wrote:While you are navigating:
Just tap on the car icon anytime to get the coordinates of the current location. You can then save it as a favorite.
Tap on the car.jpg
coordinates.jpg
To check the coordinates of your favorite locations:
First, turn on the simulation mode, that is:

Tap on the spanner icon from the main menu.
main menu.jpg
Tap on 'Settings'
settings.jpg
Tap on 'System'
system.jpg
Switch the 'GPS Simulator' 'ON'
simu.jpg
Go back all the way to the menu, select 'Where to' and then your favorites.
favor.jpg
Select the place where you would like to see it's coordinate, in my case 'Example'.
in favor.jpg
Tap on 'show map'.
example.jpg
Then 'Set Loc'
set loc.jpg
Go all the way back to the menu, then 'View Map' and tap on the car icon. :)
Thanks bro Jchin, I was trying to figure how to get the coordinate for the location and found this topic with clear explaination and example, really helpful :thumbsup: