Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:29 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GPS: Holux & GARMIN
ahbahari wrote:
If still crazy to do tracking but don't want to break the wallet again, can think about Holux M-241, a dual BT data logger and GPSr ( more info regarding the product, can ask bro Jeremaze :thumbsup: ). When finished trackking, download the data into mapsource and sent for your contribution to MSM

Cheers

someone calling me...?? :welcome: :wink:
i just came back from tracking with Colorado300. seems like not much different result compare to M241.
Ya..M241 is still a good and affordable solution for Nuvi User. i think only Nuvi7Series can track, Right?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:39 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna
jeremaze wrote:
ahbahari wrote:
If still crazy to do tracking but don't want to break the wallet again, can think about Holux M-241, a dual BT data logger and GPSr ( more info regarding the product, can ask bro Jeremaze :thumbsup: ). When finished trackking, download the data into mapsource and sent for your contribution to MSM

Cheers

i just came back from tracking with Colorado300. seems like not much different result compare to M241.
Ya..M241 is still a good and affordable solution for Nuvi User. i think only Nuvi7Series can track, Right?

Not to forget nuvi200 with v3.4 software bro :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:42 am 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GPS: Holux & GARMIN
ahbahari wrote:
jeremaze wrote:
ahbahari wrote:

Cheers

Not to forget nuvi200 with v3.4 software bro :thumbsup:

yup...yup...sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 am 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Hi I'm a newbie just bought a Nuvi 200w. Works great in S'pore but slightly off in KL though. Just keyed in home and have some comments:

1. The name of road is wrongly spelt and there are 2 versions on the road spelt in the Nuvi malsingmaps

2. Entered my address and the Nuvi located my house about 600meters away from my home.

1. What could I do to improve precision?
2. I have a marine Garmin I use fro fishing and some landing/jetty coordinates I want to input in the Nuvi. How can I do it?

Thanks and will be glad to contribute if some one can give a quick tutorial or pointers.

Rgds
Aman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
aman5555 wrote:
Hi I'm a newbie just bought a Nuvi 200w. Works great in S'pore but slightly off in KL though. Just keyed in home and have some comments:

1. The name of road is wrongly spelt and there are 2 versions on the road spelt in the Nuvi malsingmaps
Use Garmin Mapsource and Malsingmap April Map installer to report errors.
Link for how to get Mapsource : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3768
Link for how to get Malsingmap April Map installer : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31

2. Entered my address and the Nuvi located my house about 600meters away from my home.
Accuracy depends on many factors. Suggest you transfer the POI favourites in to Mapsource and edit the co-ordinates to correct the error and then transfer back to Nuvi
1. What could I do to improve precision?
Get an external antenna or re-rad antenna. Do a search for threads on this
2. I have a marine Garmin I use fro fishing and some landing/jetty coordinates I want to input in the Nuvi. How can I do it?
As you never mentioned the model, I can only best guess the answer. If the maps are tied to the unit ID, you cannot transfer the it. Alternative is to get Garmin Bluechart marine map.
Thanks and will be glad to contribute if some one can give a quick tutorial or pointers.

Rgds
Aman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 am 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Hey Silver Beauty,

Thanks for the info and very detail help. Its an old Garmin Held Held Marine GPS doesn't have maps and graphics like the new ones, only tracks and coordinates.

Rgds
Aman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 200W
Thanks for this tips. It really helps very much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:12 pm 

GPS: garmin nuvi 200 ***NOOB****
I've just started using the Nuvi 200 and have figured out how to save a few new POIs ( Around Penang area ) as favourites, and planning to contribute them to malsingmaps.

I understand that there is a nifty feature (little camera icon) that allows me to snap the Nuvi screenshot anytime.

I hope someone can let me know :

1. Which specific topic to post the new POIs for contributing to Penang area?
2. How do you guys save the screenshot out to the computer?
(When I read the SD card on my laptop, I can't really browse & traverse inside the GARMIN folder. There's only 1 file, which is the map image file. )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:30 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 200 v3.4; eTrex Vista HCx + PC mobile Re Radiating antenna
dingdangdong wrote:
I've just started using the Nuvi 200 and have figured out how to save a few new POIs ( Around Penang area ) as favourites, and planning to contribute them to malsingmaps.

I understand that there is a nifty feature (little camera icon) that allows me to snap the Nuvi screenshot anytime.

I hope someone can let me know :

1. Which specific topic to post the new POIs for contributing to Penang area?
You can post your POI in Penang in NPM-R subforum
2. How do you guys save the screenshot out to the computer?
(When I read the SD card on my laptop, I can't really browse & traverse inside the GARMIN folder. There's only 1 file, which is the map image file. )

After you connect your nuvi to your PC, open your garmin folder. Find scn folder. Just copy and then paste to where you want to save it.. eg my document

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:27 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin nuvi 765, GPSMap 60CSx, GPSMap 62S
If I were to report errors in spelling, does that count as a contribution?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next