The Nuvi 765

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

jovially
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765

Re: The Nuvi 765T

#261 Post by jovially » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 am

Redstorm wrote: Bro Jovially, I am curious as I am also having thin roads which is very peculiar only to the 765. From your experience, except for HDB icon missing, are u getting thin roads if you use method 1? Thanks.
Bro Redstorm,
As long as I'm using Gmaptool to combine Jerome generated img file, I don't have the "thin" road issues.
If I use Mapsource, I will see it and some of the road as I mentioned previously was missing too.
I'm using Mapsource version 6.1.36.
BTW, as you have mentioned the HDB blk / road name missing only happen to our 765, but if I switch to MxM map, I can see the blk / road name on the GPS, anyway, I'm still testing it.
And also the early release MxM map (can't recall which version) also having the "thin" road issues, but then the latest release was ok.
I was curious too is it the way I transfer the map from Mapsource to GPS causing the 'thin' or missing road.

scyap
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 760; 765 & 2465; 2576LM

#262 Post by scyap » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

Hi,

Very recently I got a Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal version bought locally. However, when I connected it to my desktop computer (fairly old one; bought about 8 years ago), it failed to link up to my computer. The 'computer' icon will appear on the nuvi screen for some while and then disappears. I then brought it back to the shop but it works there with the shop's computer; but again does not work with my desktop computer. However, the same home desktop computer links well with my other gpsr; a Nuvi 760 Sing/Mal version.

This problem is not there when I connect the Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal to my Laptop Computer.

Hope someone who is computer knowledgeable can give me some pointers to solve this problem of my desktop computer who refuses to 'shake hands' with the new Nuvi 765.

Thank You.

Noah
Senior Mapper
GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465

#263 Post by Noah » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:25 am

Sounds like a USB driver compatibility issue. I wouldn't go down that road unless you're willing to upgrade your OS.
Mappers wanted. Read this to get started. Payment = Recognition = Priceless.
We don't just build maps. We build relationships.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#264 Post by Zeus73 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 am

scyap wrote:Hi,

Very recently I got a Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal version bought locally. However, when I connected it to my desktop computer (fairly old one; bought about 8 years ago), it failed to link up to my computer. The 'computer' icon will appear on the nuvi screen for some while and then disappears. I then brought it back to the shop but it works there with the shop's computer; but again does not work with my desktop computer. However, the same home desktop computer links well with my other gpsr; a Nuvi 760 Sing/Mal version.

This problem is not there when I connect the Nuvi 765 Sing/Mal to my Laptop Computer.

Hope someone who is computer knowledgeable can give me some pointers to solve this problem of my desktop computer who refuses to 'shake hands' with the new Nuvi 765.

Thank You.
Do you have any other better USB cable?

One of the recent solution here.

scyap
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 760; 765 & 2465; 2576LM

#265 Post by scyap » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for your pointers. I have got the connection established now.

I had originally connected the gpsr to the usb root hub which has other devices sharing it. I then switch the connection to an independent usb port and the connection was established.

Looks like the Nuvi 765 want only to come into my computer by the front door and not sharing a side door :)

pokemon
GPS: Nuvi 765

#266 Post by pokemon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone of you experiencing the cracking sound (sound like when we turn on the max sound volume) during the navigation with Nuvi 765 local set? I am using the fiction mount and when I adjust the Nuvi 765 position on the fiction mount, the cracking sound might disappear. Anyone knows what is the cause of this weird cracking sound? I am using volume 8 (garmin nuvi default setting). Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and advice. FYI, I don't hear this sound after numerous trial and error using the AC adaptor or with battery (simulation mode for navigation).

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#267 Post by Redstorm » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:25 pm

pokemon wrote:Hi guys,

Anyone of you experiencing the cracking sound (sound like when we turn on the max sound volume) during the navigation with Nuvi 765 local set? I am using the fiction mount and when I adjust the Nuvi 765 position on the fiction mount, the cracking sound might disappear. Anyone knows what is the cause of this weird cracking sound? I am using volume 8 (garmin nuvi default setting). Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and advice. FYI, I don't hear this sound after numerous trial and error using the AC adaptor or with battery (simulation mode for navigation).
Am using the 765 too but have never experienced such sound.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#268 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:46 pm

pokemon wrote:Hi guys,

You sure it is coming from the Nuvi speaker and not from the ball joint of the mount ?

kploh
Regular
Regular
GPS: Sell Old buy New

#269 Post by kploh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 am

pokemon
GPS: Nuvi 765

#270 Post by pokemon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:02 pm

You sure it is coming from the Nuvi speaker and not from the ball joint of the mount ?[/quote]

Hi Silverbeauty,

How can I ascertain it is from the ball joint of the mount?