The Nuvi 255W - Part 2

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

The Nuvi 255W - Part 2

#1 Post by Redstorm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:28 pm

This thread is a continuation of the original thread which has been locked. Please use this to continue with your discussion. Thank you.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

opboy
GPS: Garmin nuvi 255w

Re: The Nuvi 255W - Part 2

#2 Post by opboy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 am

Dear all, currently i m using the 255w. Would like to know if it is possible to find out say i have choose a destination and i click 'go' to start navigate, halfway thru, would like to confirm if i have choose the right location, any step that i can go back and see the location/destination i choose? Pls advise. Thank you.

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: 6210 Navigator

#3 Post by mnd_43 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 am

opboy wrote:Dear all, currently i m using the 255w. Would like to know if it is possible to find out say i have choose a destination and i click 'go' to start navigate, halfway thru, would like to confirm if i have choose the right location, any step that i can go back and see the location/destination i choose? Pls advise. Thank you.
How u choose a destination ?
If u are finding it using address search or POI spell search ...
U normally will never get the wrong one !
The problem is when we choose it via browsing the map ... tab n go
maybe we are selecting the wrong point or just to get near ... e.g neareast road !

No problem ! Just stop your vehical n start again from where to ...
do search or browse map
n set your new destination .
It will calculate new route from the point u stop to your new destination !

:D .... always use mapsource to pre-plan a route !
:D ... de 9W2BPN

opboy

#4 Post by opboy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for the reply, i have encounter something strange, u see, i have choose 'home' and click go...but it lead me to the last location i went to. Then i re-choose the home again and this time it works...not sure why? So checking if there is a way re confirm. If not , one day heading North and something like this happen,then it will be a waste of time lor...But i would have say Garmin is good. I have downloaded the postal code poi and it was working fine. :)

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#5 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:31 am

You can always look at screen at end destination. Use the "-" to reduce magnification until you can see the end point.

Under WHERE TO - RECENTLY FOUND is a way to see your last destination selected. This menu archives all the recently found POIs in descending order.

mnd_43
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: 6210 Navigator

#6 Post by mnd_43 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:30 pm

opboy wrote:Thanks for the reply, i have encounter something strange, u see, i have choose 'home' and click go...but it lead me to the last location i went to. Then i re-choose the home again and this time it works...not sure why? So checking if there is a way re confirm. If not , one day heading North and something like this happen,then it will be a waste of time lor...But i would have say Garmin is good. I have downloaded the postal code poi and it was working fine. :)
I dont know how u set your ' Home ' location ...
It should be like this

tools / My Data / Set home location / ... one of the three choices ...

TIPs - never mark your home exactly where it is
Enough to mark the location at the last junction to your house .
Just dont want if your GPS falls to a wrong WANTED guy ... s/he knows where u live !

:D
:D ... de 9W2BPN

opboy

#7 Post by opboy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:42 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:You can always look at screen at end destination. Use the "-" to reduce magnification until you can see the end point.

Under WHERE TO - RECENTLY FOUND is a way to see your last destination selected. This menu archives all the recently found POIs in descending order.
Hi, I have notice that too, but tot that RECENTLY FOUND is only for those location that are being used before it appear. Meaning that if the on going one will also appear in RECENTLY FOUND? Anyway thanks for the advise. Will try it myself again.

opboy

#8 Post by opboy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm

mnd_43 wrote:I dont know how u set your ' Home ' location ...
It should be like this

tools / My Data / Set home location / ... one of the three choices ...

TIPs - never mark your home exactly where it is
Enough to mark the location at the last junction to your house .
Just dont want if your GPS falls to a wrong WANTED guy ... s/he knows where u live !

:D
Hi, firstly i used the postal code poi to search for my home addr, then i used it to route it until my house, then i stopped my car and set it in my home location as what you mentioned. I have used/tested a few time without problem but on that evening not sure why lor...

Anyway i stay in HDB...should be fine cos he won't know which floor i stayed?... But thanks for the advise too :)

SimonsayZ
GPS: Nuvi 255W

#9 Post by SimonsayZ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 pm

I just email Garmin Asia side about the lack of TTS voice. And surprise to say, the next firmware 2.60 they will be adding British and Australian TTS voice in coming "future". No specific date but hooray to that! :thumbsup:

ryandylan
GPS: Garmin 255w

How to get my Garmin 255w ready?

#10 Post by ryandylan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 pm

dear all pros & Taikos,

I would like to equire how to download/preload my Garmin255w with junction view in Msia/Spore/thai/china?

Im getting my present of Garmin 255w next week,and bring my family to China(Shanghai) .i hv a prob to install those maps(as above) ,can anyone pls & pls advice ?

Thanks&Appreciation in advance.

ryandylan