The Nuvi 1460

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

kploh
Regular
Regular
GPS: Sell Old buy New

Re: The Nuvi 1460

#31 Post by kploh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 am

tlchuan wrote: brother you are right only happen to MFM maps, i thing these is the sign that garmin would not allow custom maps anymore to use on it new coming model :thumbsdown:
I think New nuvi model only support NT map,
Maps which compiled by cgpsmapper will be problem.
MFM maps only will cause Nuvi 1460 reboot when use POI search or address search.
bro tlchuan, how about MSM v3.08 ?
Did you try put MSM v3.08 and No reboot problem ?
if yes,
I will get one Nuvi 1460 on this week.

dacapo
GPS: Nuvi 1460

#32 Post by dacapo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 am

kploh wrote: I think New nuvi model only support NT map,
Maps which compiled by cgpsmapper will be problem.
MFM maps only will cause Nuvi 1460 reboot when use POI search or address search.
bro tlchuan, how about MSM v3.08 ?
Did you try put MSM v3.08 and No reboot problem ?
if yes,
I will get one Nuvi 1460 on this week.

Hi to all,

I am a newbie here... brought 1460 2weeks ago and my device works great until today... The 1460 is my first device and i'm still learning the basics of GPS... :mrgreen:

I think i agree with kploh statement... this is because when i plugged my 1460 to my PC, the garmin basemap (gmapbmap.img) and the pre-loaded map (gmapprom.img) is not there...!!! the files are not hidden, as i've already highlight "the show the hidden file" in the Folder Option.. The weird thing is the 1460 is equipped with a built-in 2GB memory but the free memory in the device of mine is 1.1GB...!!! where did the rest of the memory go..? :-k

Correct me if i'm wrong here... but the map files are needed for the device to work, right..? and the files are suppose to be located at the root folder as there is no MAP Folder located in the root folder, right..? or, is the nuvi 1xxx series have a different folder & file structure? Obviously, the 1460 must have a different way of installing maps... please advise...

By the way, as i'm still new... can someone point me to "how to track new roads" and saving new POIs using the device..? I'm off to Balik Kampung this weekend and maybe i can contribute some new / error roads & POIs that i can find...

Salam Sejahtera to all...!!!!

:tq:

kploh
Regular
Regular

#33 Post by kploh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 am

dacapo wrote:Hi to all,

I am a newbie here... brought 1460 2weeks ago and my device works great until today... The 1460 is my first device and i'm still learning the basics of GPS... :mrgreen:

I think i agree with kploh statement... this is because when i plugged my 1460 to my PC, the garmin basemap (gmapbmap.img) and the pre-loaded map (gmapprom.img) is not there...!!! the files are not hidden, as i've already highlight "the show the hidden file" in the Folder Option.. The weird thing is the 1460 is equipped with a built-in 2GB memory but the free memory in the device of mine is 1.1GB...!!! where did the rest of the memory go..? :-k

Correct me if i'm wrong here... but the map files are needed for the device to work, right..? and the files are suppose to be located at the root folder as there is no MAP Folder located in the root folder, right..? or, is the nuvi 1xxx series have a different folder & file structure? Obviously, the 1460 must have a different way of installing maps... please advise...

By the way, as i'm still new... can someone point me to "how to track new roads" and saving new POIs using the device..? I'm off to Balik Kampung this weekend and maybe i can contribute some new / error roads & POIs that i can find...

Salam Sejahtera to all...!!!!

Today I will go and look look 1460, if the price attractive, will get one :thumbsup:
May be the map files store at ".System" folder.
Attachments
system.jpg

dacapo

#34 Post by dacapo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks kploh for the quick reply,

Unfortunately, the .system folder is missing... autorun.inf file is also not there... see attachment.. maybe it need to be unlock / made visible using the device internal options... let me search the device first, see wht i can find... or there is something that i need to do first... please advise..

As for the price, i think it is reasonable... if you buy from Aeco Tech, the price is RM1290 (standard package [USB cable, dashboard disc, car charger, vehicle suction cup mount] + free gifts [friction mount, A/C charger, Original Leather Carrying Case]) I don't know you, but i think it perfect already...! All-in-one package..!

P/s:- You are in Malaysia, right...? :-k Aeco Tech is in Malaysia...

Attachments
Garmin1460Folder.jpg

kploh
Regular
Regular

#35 Post by kploh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

dacapo wrote:Thanks kploh for the quick reply,

Unfortunately, the .system folder is missing... autorun.inf file is also not there... see attachment.. maybe it need to be unlock / made visible using the device internal options... let me search the device first, see wht i can find... or there is something that i need to do first... please advise..

As for the price, i think it is reasonable... if you buy from Aeco Tech, the price is RM1290 (standard package [USB cable, dashboard disc, car charger, vehicle suction cup mount] + free gifts [friction mount, A/C charger, Original Leather Carrying Case]) I don't know you, but i think it perfect already...! All-in-one package..!

P/s:- You are in Malaysia, right...? :-k Aeco Tech is in Malaysia...
may be the .system folder is hided. may be in address bar, type /.system will do.
yes, May check out with AECO also abt the shipping. or priority may buy at singapore.

dacapo

#36 Post by dacapo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Dear kploh,

Finally got it... =D> Yes, the folder is hidden... need to type the /.system to the address bar to enable me to see the folder...

Thank you very very much for all your assistance... Hope that you'll enjoy your new 1460 as i did... :thumbsup:

Now... need to search other section of this forum for tracking and adding new roads and new POIs...

Long live MSM..!!!

kploh
Regular
Regular

#37 Post by kploh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:51 pm

dacapo wrote:Dear kploh,

Finally got it... =D> Yes, the folder is hidden... need to type the /.system to the address bar to enable me to see the folder...

Thank you very very much for all your assistance... Hope that you'll enjoy your new 1460 as i did... :thumbsup:

Now... need to search other section of this forum for tracking and adding new roads and new POIs...

Long live MSM..!!!

Don't worry about it. I heard someone said if you create a folder name "map", and put MSM v3.08 into this folder.
Whatever the name is, your 1460 will read the map.
for example: create a folder name "Map", when get the MSMv3.08 map filename like "gmapsupp.img", rename this filename to "MSMv308.img", then copy it into the "Map" folder, your 1460 will be read it. if you have Europe,Thailand,Indonesia, australia map, then name the map file to Europe.img, Thailand.img, indonesia.img and Australia.img. Then, it is easy for us to know which img for which map.
It's one of the reason I goes for one soon.

dacapo

#38 Post by dacapo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Wow... that a cool feature..

But, obviously this applies only for NT maps, right..? :-k

kploh
Regular
Regular

#39 Post by kploh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 pm

dacapo wrote:Wow... that a cool feature..

But, obviously this applies only for NT maps, right..? :-k
not sure, but you can try apply on Non NT maps.
Third party map may cause some issued on 1460, like reboot, hang.....etc
May be garmin not encourage you to use third party map, so make the firmware limitation on it.
May be :-k

AECO_Technologies
GPS: Nuvi 205

#40 Post by AECO_Technologies » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 am

Update:

For those buyers of Nuvi 1460, the software update which fixes the auto shut down during address seach is now available at the below link:

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/s ... areUpdate/

Choose the Nuvi 1460 software update.

AECO Technologies - Authorized Malaysia Garmin Distributor

Visit us at www.aeco.com.my for more info