Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 am 

GPS: Garmin nuvi 255w
Thank you soo much!! it works great!! thank you once again!!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:23 pm 

GPS: nuvi 255w
Hi ALL,

Help needed to update map!!

My device nuvi 255w found problem when tried to update the latest Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2010.40 (2010-Q4) map.

I downloaded the installer file from Garmin WebSite and stored in my PC and follow all the instructions to start the installation, when I want to start the installation, an error message was shown as below:

"Please connect only one extra data card to PC or device."

For your information, my device is only connected to PC without any other data card or device connected.

audio version 2.00
sgmy software ver 3.00
gps sw version 3.90b
NT2010.20

Would appreciate if you could help to resolve my problem.
Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
ryanlee87 wrote:
Hi ALL,

Help needed to update map!!

My device nuvi 255w found problem when tried to update the latest Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT2010.40 (2010-Q4) map.

I downloaded the installer file from Garmin WebSite and stored in my PC and follow all the instructions to start the installation, when I want to start the installation, an error message was shown as below:

"Please connect only one extra data card to PC or device."

For your information, my device is only connected to PC without any other data card or device connected.

audio version 2.00
sgmy software ver 3.00
gps sw version 3.90b
NT2010.20

Would appreciate if you could help to resolve my problem.
Thanks!!!

:welcome:
You already got the answer to your problem :- "Please connect only one extra data card to PC or device." :-'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:47 pm 

"Please connect only one extra data card to PC or device"

What does the message above really mean? while i was only connect my device to PC WITHOUT any data card!!
There is NO data card connected NEITHER to PC NOR device.
Please help on this issue... Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
ryanlee87 wrote:
"Please connect only one extra data card to PC or device"

What does the message above really mean? while i was only connect my device to PC WITHOUT any data card!!
There is NO data card connected NEITHER to PC NOR device.
Please help on this issue... Thanks!!!

It's asking you to connect ONE SD Card to your nuvi OR PC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 pm 

Thx. My problem was solved. :tq:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 am 

GPS: Nuvi 360
Hi,

I am facing a problem with my 255W. I can't boot up the unit and the symptoms are the Garmin Logo appears then "Loading Map" is shown but then the screen blanks out.

If I plug it to my PC, the unit goes into a loop same as above and keeps looping without stop. I have tried to flash the unit with the Updater.exe using the cure file 082701000610cure.rgn. It does state that loading was completed but unit still has problem booting. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Nuvi 2575R, Nuvi 2465, Nuvi 255W, Waze.
trex92 wrote:
Hi,

I am facing a problem with my 255W. I can't boot up the unit and the symptoms are the Garmin Logo appears then "Loading Map" is shown but then the screen blanks out.

If I plug it to my PC, the unit goes into a loop same as above and keeps looping without stop. I have tried to flash the unit with the Updater.exe using the cure file 082701000610cure.rgn. It does state that loading was completed but unit still has problem booting. Can anyone help?

Hi Bro trex92,

Based on my experience, this is a flashed unit. Unscrupulous sellers used the 205W and upgraded the software to 255W illegally and the unit is unstable. Few weeks or few months later, this looping without stop will occur. The best is you tell the community here where did you buy this to help others to be aware.

Send your unit back to the seller and if the seller refused to help or blame you or hold you responsible with condition you did nothing to the unit, then you have no choice but to send to another authorised seller which will then send to Garmin in Taiwan. You will be charged for about RM180 if I'm not mistaken. You can PM me directly for further details.

Bailey Ng

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
trex92 wrote:
Hi,

If problem appears BEFORE you flash unit, it is indicative of corrupt maps. You need to remove corrupted map

If problem appears AFTER you flash unit, it is indicative of an incomplete flash cycle or corrupt procedure file. Bro Baileyng has provided you solution.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:22 am 

GPS: Nuvi 360
Hi,

thanks all. Unit is Aeco Unit which I had confirmed during purchase through the Garmin website using the unit serial number.

Problem should be corrupted map as I had just installed a free routable map of Australia into it but now I can't see the unit as a drive so how do I remove it? I thought using the cure file would help me to boot up the device so that I can then remove off the Australian map.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next