Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
skselvan wrote:
My 205w keeps going to charging mode when connects to PC. Previously (since 2008) it was OK, this only started to occur 2 months ago. How I can get it to Storage mode. I have change the cables and also verified the cable with with 2 other GPS nuvi 265w sets (the cable is fine with this set). appreciate if anyone can help me out to get my GPS connected back so I can do updates.

The Nuvi 205W may have a faulty USB port connector as it is not communicating with your PC :-'

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: after update problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 205W
after i update my Nuvi 205W to software to sgmy software ver. 3.10,

when im using my gps, you know the top left part beside the name of the road you are going, there is this little indicator showing how much distance left before you have to make a turn. but mine is gone!!

hope can get help from you guys! really need help as i always missed the junction without it.

Post subject: Re: after update problem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
You must be running multiple maps of a same region. Please always keep only ONE map activated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am 

thanks, i fixed it already,

by the way, i noticed what makes it react that way is that when i installed the new malsing map, it comes with a gmapprom1.img . that what makes it like that i suppose.

but if i delete it, the new locations also dissapears. so how to update my Nuvi 205W properly without the gmapprom1.img happen?

i mean something like merging the gmapprom.img with the new gmapprom1.img. or i installed the wrong files?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
justin_5 wrote:
thanks, i fixed it already,

by the way, i noticed what makes it react that way is that when i installed the new malsing map, it comes with a gmapprom1.img . that what makes it like that i suppose.

but if i delete it, the new locations also dissapears. so how to update my Nuvi 205W properly without the gmapprom1.img happen?

i mean something like merging the gmapprom.img with the new gmapprom1.img. or i installed the wrong files?

New maps are activated by default when you copy them into your nuvi.

To deactivate them, touch Tools -> Settings -> Map -> Map Info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:38 pm 

got it.. thanks bunch!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:05 pm 

GPS: Garmin nuvi 205
Hi All, my Nuvi 205 (Local Set) and Nuvi 205W (US Set) both does not have the icon of proximity alert in the setting. Is that any way I can install back this feature so that I can be alert on speed trap and traffic light camera?

Need help on this!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am 

GPS: Nuvi 205W
chuakk wrote:
Hi,
Any idea whether I can still downgrade the firmware to 2.30? Is there a place I can still download this old firmware?

Rgds,
KK Chua

Yes, my 205W has this problem oso. Used to be able to see JV but once firmware upgraded, is unable to...

Also, how do i know my set is a localised unit? I bought it in Singapore (Sim Lim) and it's Made in Taiwan...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:48 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
wilbert_nka wrote:
Hi All, my Nuvi 205 (Local Set) and Nuvi 205W (US Set) both does not have the icon of proximity alert in the setting. Is that any way I can install back this feature so that I can be alert on speed trap and traffic light camera?

Need help on this!!!

I am afraid there isn't anything you can do about it. I know proximity alert can provide visual and audio alerts, which can be helpful near school zones, red lights and safety cameras. However, not all is lost. You can still have audio alert by installing POI files for these alerts. To me, having audio alert is much better than visual. Most of the time, our eyes should be on the road and we only glances at the device when we are close to a turning.

chancp13 wrote:

Yes, my 205W has this problem oso. Used to be able to see JV but once firmware upgraded, is unable to...

Also, how do i know my set is a localised unit? I bought it in Singapore (Sim Lim) and it's Made in Taiwan...

I wonder how you managed to view JCV since there has never been a localised 205W set. There is a localised 205, however.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:22 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 205W
Redstorm wrote:

I wonder how you managed to view JCV since there has never been a localised 205W set. There is a localised 205, however.

Hmmm..maybe i m unclear oso...is JCV the "photo" that appears at left half of the screen when we r approaching an expressway exit?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next