Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
atah wrote:
Ok, will try that out. Is it ok if I use the WebUpdater to update the MSM NT 2009.40 map?

How about the type of SD card? Do I need to use a high speed card or a normal one will do? I got an old Kingston 256MB SD card. Will it slow down the speed?

No, you can't use webupdate to update the MSM NT 2009.40 map. Just follow the steps prescribed under "Garmin User B", the link for which I had indicated in my earlier post. Any type of SD card will do and you don't have to waste money getting a high speed card. A normal speed card will suffice and 256MB is more than enough.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm 

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 205W, HTC Touch 2
Redstorm wrote:
No, you can't use webupdate to update the MSM NT 2009.40 map. Just follow the steps prescribed under "Garmin User B", the link for which I had indicated in my earlier post. Any type of SD card will do and you don't have to waste money getting a high speed card. A normal speed card will suffice and 256MB is more than enough.

thanks. got it working already :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 am 

Got another problem here. Today I was trying to use the 205W in my wife's car with V-Kool elite all round and the satelite reception is really bad. Always lost satelite reception and recalculating. But when I opened the windows and put the unit nearby to the window, then the reception is much better.

Any idea how to fix this problem? Maybe I need to cut an opening at the windscreen V-Kool film?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
As you Nuvi does not have an external antenna connector, you might want to consider using a re-radiating antenna. Read this: viewtopic.php?p=25087#p25087

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:31 am 

To update my problem with V-Kool elite, I've found that the best position to locate the unit will be at the lower right hand site of the windscreen. I can get quite a good reception there.

Initially, I put it at the mid of the widscreen, behind the rear view mirror and the reception was bad.

So for those who's having problem with V-Kool, please try a few locations and you might be able to get a good reception without the need of cutting a hole at the tint film.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:31 pm 

GPS: Garmin 255W
Redstorm wrote:
A normal speed card will suffice and 256MB is more than enough.

If is for just Malsingmap, thats ok. Otherwise a 2GB card may be a prudent purchase considering its well within affordability. I have one particular map which is 1.6GB in size and lucky I could use back the ori supplied card from my phone. I'm so glad Garmin use the SDcard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:04 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
bslee wrote:

If is for just Malsingmap, thats ok. Otherwise a 2GB card may be a prudent purchase considering its well within affordability. I have one particular map which is 1.6GB in size and lucky I could use back the ori supplied card from my phone. I'm so glad Garmin use the SDcard.

Yes, it makes sense to buy a 2GB card nowadays considering that the price has gone far southward and you can hardly find a 1GB card, let alone a 256MB one. In Sg, a 2GB SD card can be had for less than S$10 compared to the early days of digital cam where I paid about S$140 for a 128MB CF card. Madness!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

Post subject: Need help on nuvi 205
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 am 

GPS: Garmin
Friend of mine bought a 2nd hand nuvi 205 from e-bay last year. He just came back to malaysia end of last year.
Accidentally, he was deleted some file on his nuvi & it doesn't function anymore.
Please anyody can help to supply the program (i don't know what program has been deleted, better if can give all the software program)?
:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :muak:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Handheld, PDA Based
Nuvi's "operating system" is not stored at the internal memory (drive), and even if the drive is formatted, Nuvi should be able to boot up albeit with limited function. The most important file would be the map, and you can install it with the latest MSM map (after unzipped, GMAPSUPP.IMG should be placed in \Garmin folder). You can also try using Webupdater to restore the support files (voice, text, help) and also update unit's software (if there is a latter version). Thereafter, the Nuvi should be working as normal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm 

GPS: nuvi 500
Hi Guys,

I have loaded the MSM 2012 NT CNY edition map to my Nuvi 205, but the voice instructions is not working. is there any way to get the voice instructions back? thanks in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next