The Nuvi 3790

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 370 & 765

Re: 3790 Selling at PC Show (COMEX 2010)

#31 Post by lost4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 pm

trajet2b wrote:Navicom and Allbright got same pricing.
$579
$599 with GTM 35

http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/come ... e-leaflet/

http://www.navicomtechnology.com/wp-con ... er-Pg1.pdf
Hi Trajet

How have you been?

At these prices, it does look very competitive with what is being offered in the US. Getting one?
Citius Altius Fortius

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

#32 Post by trajet2b » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 pm

bro lost4ever,

Yeah very tempting. =P~

i'll wait and see first. Now i am struggling with which NGNBN service provider to go to.
M1, superInternet, Singtel, Starhub. :ko:

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#33 Post by SilverBeauty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm

trajet2b wrote:bro lost4ever,

Yeah very tempting. =P~

i'll wait and see first. Now i am struggling with which NGNBN service provider to go to.

Bro trajet2b, someone came up with this handy spreadsheet on the NGN service providers price plans :thumbsup:
Link : https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#34 Post by lost4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 pm

trajet2b wrote:bro lost4ever,

Yeah very tempting. =P~

I was like so keen on the 1000mbps option! :thumbsup: ..... until I saw the price. :$gone:

At that kind of speed, I'll run out of things to download within a day. :ko:

Luckily I up for renewal, so I'll wait and see what Starhub will propose to keep me as their customer.
Citius Altius Fortius

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#35 Post by lost4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 pm

SilverBeauty wrote: Bro trajet2b, someone came up with this handy spreadsheet on the NGN service providers price plans :thumbsup:
Link : https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0
This is one nifty spreadsheet ... but I think it hasn't taken into consideration discounts. Thanks Silver.
Citius Altius Fortius

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#36 Post by trajet2b » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 am

thanks bro Silver.

bro lost, so how? did you buy the 3790?

lost4ever
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#37 Post by lost4ever » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm

trajet2b wrote:thanks bro Silver.

bro lost, so how? did you buy the 3790?
:D I intend to. It'll probably be my last standalone GPS I'll buy. I feel that Garmin may not be able to hold out too long before some iPhone or Android app come up with sufficient features to overtake a standalone GPS. 5 years ago (when we were much younger :D ) and still fiddling with bluetoothing our GPS TO our HP PDAs, I would not have said so then - the slow CPU, short batt life and memory constraints on a PDA made Mobile XT hard to use (it was fun though!). If you look at the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone now, with not only built-in GPS, but compass and gyro as well, powerful CPU and sufficient batt life, the possibilities are endless. With bus/train location and timetable integration, parking lot availability live updates, wireless 3G connectivity all in the same single device, it is all truly going to make so much sense integrate it all.

The downside of course, is that there MAY not be any MSM maps on it. :( Garmin is still toughing it out with the nuviphone and sexying the GPS a'la 3790 but frankly how long before it becomes irrelevant. MSM seems to be joined to the hip now with Garmin ... will we be able to re-invent ourselves for this new decade? :-k

Sorry, getting old and philosophical here and I hope I'm wrong. Anyways, I'll be at COMEX on Sunday .... =D>
Citius Altius Fortius

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#38 Post by trajet2b » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm

5 yrs ago! not to mention the very super expensive Garmin stuff is at that time.

Now cheap with SG/MY maps too!

When you have your hands on it please let us know how is it.

TIA.

GMFans
GPS: nuvi205W, nuvi765

#39 Post by GMFans » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:58 pm

lost4ever wrote: :D I intend to. It'll probably be my last standalone GPS I'll buy. I feel that Garmin may not be able to hold out too long before some iPhone or Android app come up with sufficient features to overtake a standalone GPS. 5 years ago (when we were much younger :D ) and still fiddling with bluetoothing our GPS TO our HP PDAs, I would not have said so then - the slow CPU, short batt life and memory constraints on a PDA made Mobile XT hard to use (it was fun though!). If you look at the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone now, with not only built-in GPS, but compass and gyro as well, powerful CPU and sufficient batt life, the possibilities are endless. With bus/train location and timetable integration, parking lot availability live updates, wireless 3G connectivity all in the same single device, it is all truly going to make so much sense integrate it all.

The downside of course, is that there MAY not be any MSM maps on it. :( Garmin is still toughing it out with the nuviphone and sexying the GPS a'la 3790 but frankly how long before it becomes irrelevant. MSM seems to be joined to the hip now with Garmin ... will we be able to re-invent ourselves for this new decade? :-k

Sorry, getting old and philosophical here and I hope I'm wrong. Anyways, I'll be at COMEX on Sunday .... =D>
Same question, most of the mobile phones also have digital camera and the fucntion is getting better and better, but do you sill buy the stand alone digital camera set?

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#40 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm

GMFans wrote:Same question, most of the mobile phones also have digital camera and the fucntion is getting better and better, but do you still buy the stand alone digital camera set?

Depends on what you want, specialization vs convenience.

The digital cameras is a good example of how the do-everything device doesn’t always win. People continue to buy single-purpose digital cameras because they have functions and features that are difficult to cram into the small space of an all-in-one device. And people sometimes want to take a picture that is better vs a camera phone photo. Performance matters.