Nuvis can now navigate in tunnels with NT maps

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

singawon
Elite
Elite
GPS: XXX

Re: New Nuvis can now navigate in tunnels.

#41 Post by singawon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 pm

cruiser wrote: Would it not be wiser to activate one's cruise control secs B4 point of tunnel entry?

I believe most of you would have a cruise control installed or as a default feature in your vehicles these days? Just my humble hunch but will accept that not ALL MSMers are or willing to have this extra feature on board esp. for Spore roads & conditions... but for Malaysian motorists, its neither a luxury anymore on those many excellent long stretches between JB to Thai border.
I would like to have one especially travelling up north, but that will cost me an additional S$600 to own it, still thinking whether is worthwhile to invest on this... :)

Anyway, just tested today with my 765, the Nt map work well along KPE tunnel towards airport road exit.... :thumbsup:

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#42 Post by cruiser » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:48 am

singawon wrote: I would like to have one especially travelling up north, but that will cost me an additional S$600 to own it, still thinking whether is worthwhile to invest on this... :)

Brudder, I'm sure wife, kids and family seated with you will appreciate and support your decision yoh... :) When you cruise with no stress on that slammer foot, you feel better and relax and YOU can sing more and all the way to the north, maybe in time to try Malaysia's Got Talent mah.... :rock: :lol:

If you plan to keep this car for next 5 years minimum... its very much worth your hard savings... and we pay almost 850 euros to install the CC but its cheaper when factory installed going average for 300 to 500 euros as option. I thought you had it when I last saw yr Lancer...? :rolleyes: :-k
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Nuvis can now navigate in tunnels with NT maps

#43 Post by Redstorm » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 am

jasonlee wrote:MSM NT 2010.20 map was compiled based on data from MSM and at that point in time, MSM mappers have not yet coded the tunnels to enable navigation while in it. We have only just started doing it and have not finished coding all yet. Maybe Singapore tunnels are not coded yet. That is why I suggested to change the Post Subject to NEW NT Maps. Perhaps by next release the MSM NT map would be coded for Singapore tunnels as well?
SB told me that he has been informed that the latest ver5.02 map have the KPE and CTE tunnels coded. I have not test it yet but he should be doing so sooner than me. Lets wait to hear from him.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

tlchuan
Junior Mapper
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM

#44 Post by tlchuan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 am

Can it work in windows mobile version ?
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#45 Post by ace » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Redstorm wrote:I used the MSM NT 2010.20 map on my 3790 and went thru the KPE tunnel yesterday afternoon. A few hundred metres after entering the tunnel, it lost satellite signal. I wonder why. :-k :-k ](*,) ](*,)
Bro Redstorm, I've tested the MSM NT 2010.20 map yesterday on both the KPE and CTE tunnels. Can confirmed this new feature in NOT available in this version. :ko:

However I have tested the CN 2010.30 as well on both tunnels yesterday and can confirmed the feature is working in both tunnels. \:D/

Have not tested the whispered version 5.02. It's in the air. :lol: :mrgreen:

Maybe it is due to this recent discovery that I noticed the signal bar display is no longer available in the map display real estate. :thumbsdown: Probably not critical nowsday but you never know when you need to check the signal strength. [-o<
I don't have free fish......

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#46 Post by Redstorm » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Redstorm wrote:I used the MSM NT 2010.20 map on my 3790 and went thru the KPE tunnel yesterday afternoon. A few hundred metres after entering the tunnel, it lost satellite signal. I wonder why. :-k :-k ](*,) ](*,)
ace wrote: Bro Redstorm, I've tested the MSM NT 2010.20 map yesterday on both the KPE and CTE tunnels. Can confirmed this new feature in NOT available in this version. :ko:

However I have tested the CN 2010.30 as well on both tunnels yesterday and can confirmed the feature is working in both tunnels. \:D/

Have not tested the whispered version 5.02. It's in the air. :lol: :mrgreen:

Maybe it is due to this recent discovery that I noticed the signal bar display is no longer available in the map display real estate. :thumbsdown: Probably not critical nowsday but you never know when you need to check the signal strength. [-o<
Tried KPE tunnel earlier on using the newly released MSM ver 5.02 and it is still the same - lost satellite reception. :-k :-k
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

singawon
Elite
Elite
GPS: XXX

#47 Post by singawon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:20 pm

cruiser wrote: YOU can sing more and all the way to the north, maybe in time to try Malaysia's Got Talent mah.... :rock: :lol:
Oh ya.....cruise and sing all the way to MGT... :lol:

Mine is a honda civic and does not come with stock cruise control and when did you see i drove a lancer... :-k , i sold it more than ten years ago which it shock me when i go above 100km/hr, i can feel it is flying.... :lol: , was still using paper map then.... :mrgreen:

Tested the Garmin NT map on GMXT, not working, signal got cut after several hundred meters into the tunnel..... :thumbsdown:

kon
Regular
Regular
GPS: nuvi 750

#48 Post by kon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Got lost satellite signal today in KPE as I was driving slower throughout in the Tunnel compared to the original speed i entered the tunnel, so I'm guessing once the "assumed route" drive out of the tunnel but you're still in the tunnel, it'll "give up".

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#49 Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:10 am

Redstorm wrote:
Tried KPE tunnel earlier on using the newly released MSM ver 5.02 and it is still the same - lost satellite reception. :-k :-k

Perhaps you then ought to try the latest version .... CN 2010.30 which brudder Ace confirmed with positive response. :wink:

TQ for confirming & don't SING too loud yah? :-$
So, you did have a Lancer that can lari past 100kmh!!! :lol: See you guys soon after CNY. :thumbsup:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#50 Post by Zeus73 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Noah wrote:Genting Sempah tunnel was coded by me.
Err... Did you code in both directions?

From KL towards Bentong was OK. But I got signal lost warning from Bentong towards KL.

Using MSM NT v5.01a.