The Nuvi 2465

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

yeosf
GPS: nuvi 2465

Re: The Nuvi 2465

#61 Post by yeosf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:00 pm

hi.. jus bought this gps recently... everything seem ok.. but jus curious

are we able to see the hdb block no appear on the maps ? if yes how to turn it on?

i can see those POI icons but couldnt see any hdb blk no... is it something i didnt set?

by the way i using the original map tat come along with the set(check online and its supposed to be the latest map)

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Firmware Update - 2xxx Series (Sg/My Version only)

#62 Post by Redstorm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 am

Nuvi 2465 Sing/Mal Unit Software v2.80 wef 3 Aug 11

Change History

Fixed potential data loss issue when in low battery.
Fixed POI search reboot issue.
Added manual calibration for E-Compass.
Improved multi-route calculation when "Prompted" is set in Calculation Mode.
Improved system stability and GPS performance.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

muhdabdrazak
GPS: garmin nuvi 205w

#63 Post by muhdabdrazak » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:05 am

Anybody knows how to disable the irritating speeding tone? This unit very different from my previous model 205W

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30

#64 Post by jasonlee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 am

muhdabdrazak wrote:Anybody knows how to disable the irritating speeding tone? This unit very different from my previous model 205W
What do you mean irritating speeding tone? Your vendor must have installed some custom POIs that warned you of speed traps (I guess). To mute this, just disable the Custom POIs by touching Tools/Settings/Proximity Points/Alerts/Change then uncheck the Custom POIs. Please let us know if this solves your problem. I had to guess what your problem is because of lack of details.
Lean not on your own understanding

KoE
GPS: noob

#65 Post by KoE » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:51 pm

can someone help me with voice prompt; seem to me that both units are not voice-prompting for direction/turn changes as often as my XT is (practically none). This is confirmed by my wife who was driving in 2nd car and using the other unit. She's familiar with my XT so her remarks are valid.

Both:
  • software version is 2.30
  • audio version is 2.00 (british english - daniel)
  • text version is 1.90 (british english)
  • gps firmware is 2.60
bluetooth firmware in unit 1 is 5.03 A15 and in another is 5.03 A13 if these matter.

thanks!

EDITED:

darn...turns out can't activate both malsingmaps and malfreemaps. My apology for the hoohaa....newbie here #-o

moguai
GPS: Nuvi2465

#66 Post by moguai » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi,

Just bought the Garmin Nuvi 2465 for use in Singapore. Have updated the software and the maps (Malsingmaps and City Navigator NT Singapore/Malaysia).

However, when driving on the roads, I realised that the unit doesnt warn me of upcoming ERP gantries or speed cameras. I search and read something about setting some Proximity settings, but this icon/application is not available on my unit.

On another issue, the unit always show my travelling speed at the bottom right corner. However, I noticed that the speed is different from the speed shown on my vehicle. For eg. my vehicle show that I am travelling at 90kmph. But the speed on my GPS unit show only 85kmph.

Any advice on how to resolve my above 2 issues ?

Thanks!

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#67 Post by Redstorm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 am

moguai wrote:Hi,

Just bought the Garmin Nuvi 2465 for use in Singapore. Have updated the software and the maps (Malsingmaps and City Navigator NT Singapore/Malaysia).

However, when driving on the roads, I realised that the unit doesnt warn me of upcoming ERP gantries or speed cameras. I search and read something about setting some Proximity settings, but this icon/application is not available on my unit.

On another issue, the unit always show my travelling speed at the bottom right corner. However, I noticed that the speed is different from the speed shown on my vehicle. For eg. my vehicle show that I am travelling at 90kmph. But the speed on my GPS unit show only 85kmph.

Thanks!
I believe nowadays Nuvis come preloaded with some of these alerts, eg. school zone, redlight cam, etc. It is installed in a file called POI inside the internal memory. If not or if you want to install more of such alert files such as ERP and others, go to the Community POIs sub-forum to download them.

As regard to the speed issue thingy, I believe the GPS is more accurate and the difference somtimes could be attributed to the change in tyre size compared to the stock tyres that came with your car. But, even if you stick with the tyre size recommended in your car manual, there still could be some difference. In my case, I am using 195/65/15, as recommended in the manual, but I am still have a difference of 7km; the car's speedometer being faster. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, afterall it is only 5km different.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#68 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 am

moguai wrote:Hi,

Thanks!

I concur with bro redstorm that GPS device's speed reading is more accurate.

Car speedometers have tolerances and accuracy is subjected to many factors such as tire diameter - wear - pressure and factory calibration

GPS signals are not subjected to the same mechanical errors as experienced by speedometers. :-'

moguai
GPS: Nuvi2465

#69 Post by moguai » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi,

Sorry, I really am a newbie to this forum.

I follow your advice and go to the Community POI page, and then I got lost... 8-P Dun quite understand how it works...

For eg. I saw a post "Speed Trap POI (New Series) - Updated 29th August 2009". I went in and some post on the POI for download. But the post say the POI is updated 29 Aug 2009 !!! Er... How do I get the latest updated version ?

Btw, am I in the right folder, to download POIs ? If so, how do I ensure I get the latest POI ?

Sorry, and appreciates your advices.

Thanks.

aminsa
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#70 Post by aminsa » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi everybody
I bought a nuvi 2465 a few weeks ago, but today i found most of the folder was gone.Fortunety I've already backup the folder to my pc, so I copy back the folder from backup to nuvi but it's failed to detect map NT2011.30 MSM. So I downloaded the map from malsingmaps than copy to nuvi and tested it, every seem to be functioning except Junction View failed to display. Help how do I get back the Junction View. What should I do? Anybody have any suggestion?

Found the solution: download the 100 over MB map file from garmin singapore, generate key, install than enter the key when requested than proceed the installation until finish. After that nuvi 2465 should be working as before.