Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Nuvi 2465
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
leslie11 wrote:
Thanks Zeus73. Now I'm wondering if I should buy a US set and load the MSM from here.

In this way, JCV for SG/MY won't work. :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 pm 

GPS: NW 255w
Thanks again, I guess Junction view is more impt to me in the US than here. Some of their interstates are no joke at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:51 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
leslie11 wrote:
Thanks Zeus73. Now I'm wondering if I should buy a US set and load the MSM from here.

You can if you are willing to buy "yet again" but just on the local default maps of the region, SG & MY downloaded or obtain a CD disk from local Garmin Importer. :wink:
Better buy a whole unit all over again from Singapore is the recommendation. :thumbsup:

leslie11 wrote:
Thanks again, I guess Junction view is more impt to me in the US than here. Some of their interstates are no joke at all.

Indeed, miss a vital Interstate exit & u're somewhat off the route until the next distant junction but just like Singapore, miss the required exit and its paytime at the following ERP... :( :$gone:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm 

GPS: NW 255w
Thanks for your tips, but I seriously doubt I'll buy a GPS for use in SG if I didn't have one, the prices aren't really that great when compared to the US especially.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 pm 

GPS: Garmin 1350
miezarnd wrote:
muhdabdrazak wrote:
Anybody knows how to disable the irritating speeding tone? This unit very different from my previous model 205W

The above speed limit tone is embedded into current firmware for 2xxx series GPSr and you cannot disable it. All my 2xxx series got that tone which for me also irritating. Cannot drive above speed limit since my co-pilot (wife besides me) always alerted even when she asleep... ](*,)

hi all, i planning to get a 2465 during this IT show, any kind soul here can confirm that the speed limit warning tone can't disable on the 2000 series Nuvi, tks :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm 

GPS: nuvi 2465
Hi all and all sifuuu
I newbie here and need your help to solve my problem.

Just got local Garmin nuvi 2465 a month ago. My GPS installed with City Navigator and Malsingmap NT2011.40 together with Thailand map in the internal memory.Then I plan to use MSM 2012 NT v.5.42a map so I buy 8G micro SD card.

In the SD card…I created Garmin folder and save gmapsupp.img (MSM 2012 NT v.5.42) and created JCV folder inside Garmin folder. Paste JCV.img in the JCV folder. When I go to TOOL>Settings>myMaps… I can see MSM 2012 NT v5.42a and its work Hehehehe… :D

Here come my problem :cry: …next two week I need to go to Indonesia and I download Indonesian map (Navigasi.net v2.18 For Garmin-NT) and install in my computer. There is file gmapsupp.img and I copy and paste as gmapsup2.img in my micro SD card under Garmin folder. When I go to TOOL>Settings>myMaps… no addition map appear (no Indonesian map). Please help me.

I read a lot from internet…and they said its work (other Garmin model) but in my case nuvi 2465, it failed. Please advise me how to add 2nd map or 3rd map in 1 SD card. I thing with my 8G SD, I can put a lot of map inside but the problem is I don’t know how.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
sazhar_74 wrote:
Hi all and all sifuuu

Just got local Garmin nuvi 2465 a month ago. My GPS installed with City Navigator and Malsingmap NT2011.40 together with Thailand map in the internal memory.Then I plan to use MSM 2012 NT v.5.42a map so I buy 8G micro SD card.

In the SD card…I created Garmin folder and save gmapsupp.img (MSM 2012 NT v.5.42) and created JCV folder inside Garmin folder. Paste JCV.img in the JCV folder. When I go to TOOL>Settings>myMaps… I can see MSM 2012 NT v5.42a and its work Hehehehe… :D

Here come my problem :cry: …next two week I need to go to Indonesia and I download Indonesian map (Navigasi.net v2.18 For Garmin-NT) and install in my computer. There is file gmapsupp.img and I copy and paste as gmapsup2.img in my micro SD card under Garmin folder. When I go to TOOL>Settings>myMaps… no addition map appear (no Indonesian map). Please help me.

I read a lot from internet…and they said its work (other Garmin model) but in my case nuvi 2465, it failed. Please advise me how to add 2nd map or 3rd map in 1 SD card. I thing with my 8G SD, I can put a lot of map inside but the problem is I don’t know how.

You couldn't see the Indonesian map because of the change of file name to gmapsup2.img. It doesn't work this way as you can't change map names in the Garmin folder in the microSD card. The limitation of naming the folder in the card as Garmin is that you can only save one map and any other map of the same file name would be rejected or overwritten during the installation. In order to have multiple maps in your card, you have to rename the folder from "Garmin" to "Map". There you can change the name of the maps to any name you fancy e.g. indonesia.img, singapore.img, MSMv5.44.img, etc. You can save as many maps as long as your card capacity allows. A word of caution here. In Map folder, it can't accept JCV file. So, your MSM v5.44 map will have to go without the JCV folder.

Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:04 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
sazhar_74 wrote:
Hi all and all sifuuu

In the SD card…I created Garmin folder and save gmapsupp.img (MSM 2012 NT v.5.42) and created JCV folder inside Garmin folder. Paste JCV.img in the JCV folder.JCV.img? Do you mean Product.JCV? When I go to TOOL>Settings>myMaps… I can see MSM 2012 NT v5.42a and its work Hehehehe… :D
Up to this point you have done correctly. Since you know how to access Tools/Settings/MyMaps, then you should not have problem to select which map to make active. Among MSM NTv5.xx, City Navigator map of Singapore & Malaysia & MalSingMap NT 2011.40, you can only use one at any one time. You can also check the Thai map but unless you are going there, why waste RAM memory to load on a daily basis, a map you don't use?
No problem at all. Just create another folder named \Map in your SD card and copy the Indonesian map into it. You can retain the name as gmapsup2.img or change it to for example Indon.img for easy identification. When you arrive in Indonesia, just go to Tools/Settings/MyMaps and activate only the Indonesian map and deactivate everything else. When you return, you can deactivate the Indon map and activate the MSM 2012 NT v5.xx map again.
I read a lot from internet…and they said its work (other Garmin model) For many Nuvi models gmapsup2.img works but only when it resides in the internal memory and not in the \Garmin folder of the SD card.but in my case nuvi 2465, it failed. Please advise me how to add 2nd map or 3rd map in 1 SD card. I thing with my 8G SD, I can put a lot of map inside but the problem is I don’t know how.Put them in the \Map folder of your SD card as long as you give each map a unique filename.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 pm 

GPS: nuvi 2465
Hi Redstorm and Jasonlee

TQVM and really appreciate your help... :thumbsup:
Now my GPS can see Indonesia map. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 am 

GPS: Garmine 2465
Anyone faces the problem of the unit hang or auto shut down while starting up or while in the process of navigating to the search function? Happen to me a couple of times but intermittently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next