The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2611
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#1 Post by Zeus73 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:59 am

Image Image Image

Read this for details.

I think it's a 2575R without the driving recorder...

liv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
GPS: Nuvi 710, 765, 2576LM
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#2 Post by liv » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Just got hold of a nuvi 2576lm in singapore during our vacation a few days ago. :) i've successfully unlocked and transferred the philippine map that i am using. :thumbsup: excited to test it... will post feedback of the unit.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#3 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 pm

liv wrote:Just got hold of a nuvi 2576lm in singapore during our vacation a few days ago. :) i've successfully unlocked and transferred the philippine map that i am using. :thumbsup: excited to test it... will post feedback of the unit.
:welcome: :good: :thumbsup:

liv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
GPS: Nuvi 710, 765, 2576LM
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#4 Post by liv » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 am

Because of my excitement to quickly load my philippine map... seems like it over wrote the malfree map that came pre installed with my device... malsing and navteq cn sgmy nt were left... will i be needing the malfree map when i go back to singapore and use my device there?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#5 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 am

liv wrote:Because of my excitement to quickly load my philippine map... seems like it over wrote the malfree map that came pre installed with my device... malsing and navteq cn sgmy nt were left... will i be needing the malfree map when i go back to singapore and use my device there?
Sista liv, the map is irrecoverable when you override it. :ko:

Please add maps into SD card /garmin or SD card /map sub-folder.
Garmin is not forgiving to any corruption in main memory which will result in a expensive bricked paper weight.

As an alternative, you can use our free map from our download section. Put it in SD card

As you do not intend to drive, it is ok for searching for a POI or knowing where you are though its Junction View database is small vs the pre-installed Garmin-MfM map which is compiled by Garmin.

liv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
GPS: Nuvi 710, 765, 2576LM
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#6 Post by liv » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:27 am

SilverBeauty wrote:
liv wrote:Because of my excitement to quickly load my philippine map... seems like it over wrote the malfree map that came pre installed with my device... malsing and navteq cn sgmy nt were left... will i be needing the malfree map when i go back to singapore and use my device there?
Sista liv, the map is irrecoverable when you override it. :ko:

Please add maps into SD card /garmin or SD card /map sub-folder.
Garmin is not forgiving to any corruption in main memory which will result in a expensive bricked paper weight.

As an alternative, you can use our free map from our download section. Put it in SD card

As you do not intend to drive, it is ok for searching for a POI or knowing where you are though its Junction View database is small vs the pre-installed Garmin-MfM map which is compiled by Garmin.

My fault.:( too excited to load my Rg map... but are the remaining maps in my device still usable when i go back to singapore and use it? which one do i tick? malsing all or navteq all?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#7 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

liv wrote:

My fault.:( too excited to load my Rg map... but are the remaining maps in my device still usable when i go back to singapore and use it? which one do i tick? malsing all or navteq all?

Use only one map at one time either NavTeq or malsing

NavTeq has bells and whistles but map data outdated
malsing is more updated but lacks bells and whistles.
The one you deleted is more updated vs malsing and has a more comprehensive JCV

liv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
GPS: Nuvi 710, 765, 2576LM
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#8 Post by liv » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:27 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
liv wrote:

My fault.:( too excited to load my Rg map... but are the remaining maps in my device still usable when i go back to singapore and use it? which one do i tick? malsing all or navteq all?

Use only one map at one time either NavTeq or malsing

NavTeq has bells and whistles but map data outdated
malsing is more updated but lacks bells and whistles.
The one you deleted is more updated vs malsing and has a more comprehensive JCV
Too bad that one got deleted.:( anyways, my device is entitled to free map updates, so i can always download the latest map from garmin whenever i want to.:) important thing is i was able to load the Rg map into it... The other maps that's preloaded in the device serves as a bonus for me.:)

User avatar
Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2611
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:54 am
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT
Location: Yew Tee, Singapore
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#9 Post by Zeus73 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm

liv wrote:Too bad that one got deleted.:( anyways, my device is entitled to free map updates, so i can always download the latest map from garmin whenever i want to.:) important thing is i was able to load the Rg map into it... The other maps that's preloaded in the device serves as a bonus for me.:)
You can get back the map from here.

liv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
GPS: Nuvi 710, 765, 2576LM
Contact:

Re: The nüvi® 2576LM SG/MY

#10 Post by liv » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Zeus73 wrote:
liv wrote:Too bad that one got deleted.:( anyways, my device is entitled to free map updates, so i can always download the latest map from garmin whenever i want to.:) important thing is i was able to load the Rg map into it... The other maps that's preloaded in the device serves as a bonus for me.:)
You can get back the map from here.
When i download malfreemaps... does it automatically go to the nuvis internal memory or will i be prompted where i want to save it?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests