Page 1 of 12

The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:07 pm
by Redstorm
The new Nuvi 2465 Sg/My version will make its debut in Singapore at the Great Electronic Bazaar from 8 Apr 11 to 10 Apr 11 and later at the PIKOM Fair in KL, Malaysia from 15 Apr 11 to 17 Apr 11. I understand it will be selling for below S$300 and boast many features which hithero are found in only higher end models like the 3790. You can expect features like Live Traffic Avoidane (Sg only), Trip Planner, Voice Activation, Compass, Hands Free Calling, etc.

Re: The Nuvi 2465 (New Model)

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 am
by SilverBeauty
Comparing the 3790T vs the 2465 features, these are the differences

Size
4.8"W x 2.9"H x .35"D (12.2 x 7.5 x .89 cm) 3790
5.4"W x 3.3"H x .6"D (13.7 x 8.3 x 1.5 cm)

Weight
113.4 g (3790)
192.0 g (2465)

Battery Life
up to 4 hours (3790)
up to 3 hours (2465)

Screen resolution
800 x 480 pixels (3790) glass, dual-orientation, WVGA color TFT with white backlight
480 x 272 pixels (2465) WQVGA color TFT with white backlight

3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D)
Yes for 3790
No for 2465

Nuvi 2465

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm
by baileyng
Just got this new model. I found that the map attached (MSM NT 2011.10) showed many wrong LAs compared to MSM NT v5.13. Good that the unit shows the name of the road you are driving at the middle bottom screen.

For navigation, this unit is fantastic but for mappers, two disadvantages that I've found.

1. Don't know how to record the 1 second track log.
2. Unable to save any points on the browsing screen to record new position of POIs.

Anybody got any idea how to troubleshoot these two problems?? Otherwise, got to use back my old 255W. Thanks.

Bailey Ng

Re: The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:48 pm
by tlchuan
yap selling cheap only RM650 =P~ =P~

Re: The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:46 pm
by cruiser
Hmm, appears to be a $$$ drawback like what brudder Bailey is confronted with when one is of the more demanding user kind (and why shouldn't you right? :hair: ) but if its only meant to set & go from A to B without much fuss, this should compromise for the price marketed.

Re: Nuvi 2465

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 am
by SilverBeauty
baileyng wrote:Just got this new model. I found that the map attached (MSM NT 2011.10) showed many wrong LAs compared to MSM NT v5.13. Good that the unit shows the name of the road you are driving at the middle bottom screen.

For navigation, this unit is fantastic but for mappers, two disadvantages that I've found.

1. Don't know how to record the 1 second track log.
2. Unable to save any points on the browsing screen to record new position of POIs.

Anybody got any idea how to troubleshoot these two problems?? Otherwise, got to use back my old 255W. Thanks.

Bailey Ng

Bro Bailey, the 1 sec tracklog was a Garmin non-public publish "engineering" feature thus not available in other models other than the models it put on trial. So besides on handhelds, you cannot do 1-sec tracking on Nuvis which was never marketed / design to do. Best you can have is to extract the tracklogs ( bread-crumps ) from your Nuvi ( it is always tracking your movements when you get satellite lock, and this feature CANNOT be disabled ). It can be found in MainMenu - GPX - Archive ). You have to periodically delete the contents of this directory as it gradually eats up your main memory as it logs your movements as you use your Nuvi.

As to the saving of POI via Nuvi by tapping on screen ... based on my Nuvi 3790 ( which should be similar to your 27xx series except for higher resolution screen and 3D feature ), you can save on-site POI or off-site POI via the following procedure

a. On-Site POI meaning you have reached a location that is not on Nuvi Map. Main-Menu - Tools - Where Am I - Save

b. Off-Site POI meaning you are not at the location but you manually move to the POI of interest. When you manually move to the POI, Magnify to about 20m, then touch screen for Nuvi to lock onto location, touch the = ( three line icon on top left hand corner of screen ) and set location. Go back to MainMenu, then select Tools - Where Am I - Save.

On both above procedure, you can find the saved POI in Favourtie. Edit them to a name of your choice. If you cannot find them, you can find them easily under MainMenu - WhereTo - RecentlyFound.

Hope this helps ... Enjoy your Nuvi :thumbsup:

Re: The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:16 am
by htancl
When is the Nuvi 2465 going to release in Singapore? Still not able to find it anywhere.

Re: The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 am
by Redstorm
htancl wrote:When is the Nuvi 2465 going to release in Singapore? Still not able to find it anywhere.
From what I understand, the release will be sometime this week, probably Thursday. One good place to check out will be Perfect Watch at level 1, SLS.

Re: The Nuvi 2465

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am
by netken
my old trust nuvi 600 is lagging behind of late so manage to grab one unit during PC fair yesterday ...

RM650.00 with some freebies - still getting used to it. :drinkers:

Re: Nuvi 2465

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 am
by baileyng
SilverBeauty wrote: Bro Bailey, the 1 sec tracklog was a Garmin non-public publish "engineering" feature thus not available in other models other than the models it put on trial. So besides on handhelds, you cannot do 1-sec tracking on Nuvis which was never marketed / design to do. Best you can have is to extract the tracklogs ( bread-crumps ) from your Nuvi ( it is always tracking your movements when you get satellite lock, and this feature CANNOT be disabled ). It can be found in MainMenu - GPX - Archive ). You have to periodically delete the contents of this directory as it gradually eats up your main memory as it logs your movements as you use your Nuvi.

As to the saving of POI via Nuvi by tapping on screen ... based on my Nuvi 3790 ( which should be similar to your 27xx series except for higher resolution screen and 3D feature ), you can save on-site POI or off-site POI via the following procedure

a. On-Site POI meaning you have reached a location that is not on Nuvi Map. Main-Menu - Tools - Where Am I - Save

b. Off-Site POI meaning you are not at the location but you manually move to the POI of interest. When you manually move to the POI, Magnify to about 20m, then touch screen for Nuvi to lock onto location, touch the = ( three line icon on top left hand corner of screen ) and set location. Go back to MainMenu, then select Tools - Where Am I - Save.

On both above procedure, you can find the saved POI in Favourtie. Edit them to a name of your choice. If you cannot find them, you can find them easily under MainMenu - WhereTo - RecentlyFound.

Hope this helps ... Enjoy your Nuvi :thumbsup:
Thx Bro SB, this is what I've done but found it to be very tedious especially when I have few POIs to save and during driving as well. Saving POIs during on-site is confusing because when you save, the POIs will be on the road. Then, confusion starts when we need to remember which sides of the road. That's why previous mapper in Kampar has recorded many wrong side of POIs when using this method.

Looks like I need 60csx to do the mapping. Thx anyway Bro SB.

Bailey Ng