[New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
law_wish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm
GPS: Garmin 2565
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#181 Post by law_wish » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

silverbeauty wrote:If that is the case, then suspect the car charger unit. It could be charging but it could also be draining when car alternator not running :-' Go ask Garmin to change and see if new one solves the problem.
Hi, thanks for the advice. They had replaced the car charging kit as well. Now i am suspecting my car 12V charging point current whether the current supplied is correct. Reason is i use the car charging for the replacement unit, it show charging complete, so i off it and next day found battery drain. What the garmin did is using AC charger to charge. Could it be the actual battery is not fully charged? ](*,) :-?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#182 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:53 pm

law_wish wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:If that is the case, then suspect the car charger unit. It could be charging but it could also be draining when car alternator not running :-' Go ask Garmin to change and see if new one solves the problem.
Hi, thanks for the advice. They had replaced the car charging kit as well. Now i am suspecting my car 12V charging point current whether the current supplied is correct. Reason is i use the car charging for the replacement unit, it show charging complete, so i off it and next day found battery drain. What the garmin did is using AC charger to charge. Could it be the actual battery is not fully charged? ](*,) :-?
Not fully charged is one thing but drain your battery when set is off and left in cradle is another story. get Garmin to test in actual conditions. Using AC charger only proves unit can charge but does not address the actual problem.

Both my Nuvi 675 n 3790 have been left in their cradle overnight. Never experienced a flat battery next day. My 675 is old n has a dying battery which cannot charge above 1 bar of battery indicator. It is still alive next day.

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#183 Post by ace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:16 am

ace wrote:Charger kaput ? I'm using a USB cable to power the Nuvi from the USB Hub.. :-$ So is a possibility.
Fuse Blown ? Double confirm. No. :thumbsup:
Cable kaput ? As per above.. Possible. :-$
Got voltage going to Nuvi ? Yes and no.. I can restart but it will turn off almost immediately... So the culprit currently is the USB cable. :mrgreen:
Test the set again after fully charging it at home.

Working normally, including the same USB cable. :-k

Classify my incident as one for the X-files. ](*,)
I don't have free fish......

bhtee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:17 am
GPS: nuvi 2575R
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#184 Post by bhtee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:26 am

Has anyone tried the GDR-10 video recorder with microSD higher than 8GB? Any issue with 16GB or 32GB class 10?

Thanks.

User avatar
miezarnd
Senior Mapper
Posts: 579
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
https://goo.gl/XBdH3k
Location: Puncak Alam, SEL
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#185 Post by miezarnd » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm using Kingston Class 10 16GB mSD. No issue in card compatibility and also video quality saved on the mSD. Also tested with new GDR10 2.30 firmware (software) released by garmin with no issue. 32GB card usage seem not needed right now for me so I don't know if any issue with that storage size.
Temerloh - Sekinchan - Sg. Puyu = 7
2575LM / 3790 / 4592LM / GPSMAP 64s / Montana 650
Jalan-jalan cari makan

User avatar
k5011
Tracker
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 am
GPS: nuvi205, 255w, 2465, 2575R
Location: Bt.Kawan
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#186 Post by k5011 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 am

bhtee wrote:Has anyone tried the GDR-10 video recorder with microSD higher than 8GB? Any issue with 16GB or 32GB class 10?

Thanks.

i'm using SANDISK 16GB class10. No issue also.... :thumbsup:

User avatar
unclediy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:56 am
GPS: Garmin = f(eTREX Vista HCx, nuvi 610, nuvi 2575R, Mobile XT)
Location: Southern Klang Valley
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#187 Post by unclediy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm using 32GB DNA class 10 w/o any problem.
16GB SanDisk class 4 and Kingston 32GB Class 4 got problems.

I think class 4 is not suitable for HD video recording.

User avatar
wblee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm
GPS: Sumsung Galaxy S3, Huawei Nova 2i
Location: Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#188 Post by wblee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm

unclediy wrote:I'm using 32GB DNA class 10 w/o any problem.
16GB SanDisk class 4 and Kingston 32GB Class 4 got problems.

I think class 4 is not suitable for HD video recording.
may i know what is the problem with using class 4? device hang or lag or ..?

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#189 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

wblee wrote:
unclediy wrote:I'm using 32GB DNA class 10 w/o any problem.
16GB SanDisk class 4 and Kingston 32GB Class 4 got problems.

I think class 4 is not suitable for HD video recording.
may i know what is the problem with using class 4? device hang or lag or ..?

Class ratings measure the minimum sustained speed required for recording an even rate of video onto the card. The class rating number corresponds to the transfer rate measured in megabytes per second. Class 2 cards are designed for a minimum sustained transfer rate of 2 megabytes per second (MB/s)1, while Class 10 cards are designed for a minimum sustained transfer rate of 10MB/s2.

User avatar
tlchuan
Junior Mapper
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:20 pm
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#190 Post by tlchuan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

GDR 10 SG/MY v2.40

http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/ ... r_v240.exe

GDR 10 SG/MY v2.40
Change History
Improved image quality.
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests