[New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#201 Post by jasonlee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 am

dwoon wrote:Thanks all for the feedback. So it's 16Gb card then..... with the ability of having unlimited maps, as long as memory size can cater, it'll save me heaps of effort to merge maps and such.....ah... technology.
True, you can have available as many as your card can hold but for the Nuvi 200, you can still only activate one at a time.

I stored all my maps as gmapsupp.img in separate folders and moved the one I want to use into the \Garmin folder in the card and move it back to the storage folder when I want to change to another map.
Lean not on your own understanding

dwoon
Regular
Regular
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Location: Woodlands
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#202 Post by dwoon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

I realised that it doesn't even need to be named as gmapsupp.img anymore. (not like the old nuvi I had)

I just name the map as it is.... eg. Thailand.img, jerome.img, etc and it works.

Didn't hve a 16GB card so plugged in a 32GB. Not sure if the card was faulty to begin with or the GPS killed the card.... but it could not be used. Then the card couldn't even be read nor formatted in the PC.
jasonlee wrote:
dwoon wrote:Thanks all for the feedback. So it's 16Gb card then..... with the ability of having unlimited maps, as long as memory size can cater, it'll save me heaps of effort to merge maps and such.....ah... technology.
True, you can have available as many as your card can hold but for the Nuvi 200, you can still only activate one at a time.

I stored all my maps as gmapsupp.img in separate folders and moved the one I want to use into the \Garmin folder in the card and move it back to the storage folder when I want to change to another map.

jasonlee
Senior Mapper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2576R, 3560 & Etrex 30
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#203 Post by jasonlee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 am

dwoon wrote:I realised that it doesn't even need to be named as gmapsupp.img anymore. (not like the old nuvi I had)

I just name the map as it is.... eg. Thailand.img, jerome.img, etc and it works.

Didn't hve a 16GB card so plugged in a 32GB. Not sure if the card was faulty to begin with or the GPS killed the card.... but it could not be used. Then the card couldn't even be read nor formatted in the PC.
Then you must be having a newer GPS like the 1xxx or 2xxx and not a 2xx because what you described is only possible if the GPS can recognize the \Map folder.
Lean not on your own understanding

dwoon
Regular
Regular
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Location: Woodlands
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#204 Post by dwoon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Ehh.... this is for the 2565 I just got over the weekend
jasonlee wrote:
dwoon wrote:I realised that it doesn't even need to be named as gmapsupp.img anymore. (not like the old nuvi I had)

I just name the map as it is.... eg. Thailand.img, jerome.img, etc and it works.

Didn't hve a 16GB card so plugged in a 32GB. Not sure if the card was faulty to begin with or the GPS killed the card.... but it could not be used. Then the card couldn't even be read nor formatted in the PC.
Then you must be having a newer GPS like the 1xxx or 2xxx and not a 2xx because what you described is only possible if the GPS can recognize the \Map folder.

dwoon
Regular
Regular
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 pm
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Location: Woodlands
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#205 Post by dwoon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:06 am

I noticed that micro SDs nowadays are SDHC.... think I killed the scandisk 32GB Ultra microSD.

Anyone knows if the card needs to be SD or it can handler SDHC? (Not gonna try another Ultra..ouch)

Thanks

jinteik wrote:
dwoon wrote:Thanks unclediy for the feedback. Will proceed to get it then. I don't find any purpose for the front camera though so won't be getting that option though it is relatively cheap.....

Just worried about the unit serial number thinggy with some of my existing maps (not local or malaysia)... might need some effort to re-read how to get it done.

Oh... for that matter of storage space, can we use 32GB or 64 GB class 10? My old 200W was limited to a 2GB SD card.

Not sure if 64GB will work on GPS, but confirm from 2-16GB can work. By the way using class 10 or class 4 will not have an difference on gps (other than transfer file speed).

User avatar
unclediy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 525
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:56 am
GPS: Garmin = f(eTREX Vista HCx, nuvi 610, nuvi 2575R, Mobile XT)
Location: Southern Klang Valley
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#206 Post by unclediy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 pm

dwoon wrote:Anyone knows if the card needs to be SD or it can handler SDHC?
I'm using 32GB DNA micro SDHC class-10 on Nuvi 2575R w/o any problem. Hope this helps you make decision.

User avatar
BanBan
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 am
GPS: 60CS, Unbranded MCX ext. antenna, Nuvi 1460, 2565.
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#207 Post by BanBan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 am

Has anyone successfully updated a 2565 with the 6.3 software update? In the process, it ask you to remove the SD card from your nuvi. But it later want to point and write to the SD card drive. The instruction is conflicting. Tried not removing the SD card but the update failed. Abandon the update. Rather have a working 2565 on old software than nothing.
"Aha! Papa got a new toy!" - BanBan (My 3 yr old daughter)
Image

User avatar
tlchuan
Junior Mapper
Posts: 1038
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:20 pm
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM
Location: Subang Jaya
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#208 Post by tlchuan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 pm

nüvi® 2575RLM Sing/Mal Unit Software v6.70

Change History 2012/11/09
Fixed lane assist display issue.
Fixed reboot issue when pressing "Traffic on route" with TMC enabled.
Fixed routing by basemap issue.

http://download.garmin.com/sg/download/ ... G_v670.exe
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya

User avatar
sonnyoh
Qualified Mapper
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 12:36 am
GPS: Nuvi 1350
Location: Selangor
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#209 Post by sonnyoh » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Bro. :thumbsup:
It was v6.30 this morning when I last checked :rolleyes:

User avatar
wanmad
Senior Mapper
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 pm
GPS: nuvi2465
nuvi2575
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#210 Post by wanmad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

sonnyoh wrote:Thanks for sharing Bro. :thumbsup:
It was v6.30 this morning when I last checked :rolleyes:
nüvi® 2575R Sing/Mal Unit Software v6.70

Change History

Fixed lane assist display issue.
Fixed reboot issue when pressing "Traffic on route" with TMC enabled.
Fixed routing by basemap issue.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests