[New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#171 Post by ace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am

I'm not sure if it is battery problem.

My set switch itself off over the weekend even thought it is plugged into the cigarette charger. I know the internal battery is flat. But the juice from the car battery should be able to keep it power on....but it decides to take a nap while "working". :ko:

Right now, it is at home on a "drip". Have to see on weekend if it will stay awake. :-k
I don't have free fish......

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#172 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:36 am

ace wrote:I'm not sure if it is battery problem.

My set switch itself off over the weekend even thought it is plugged into the cigarette charger. I know the internal battery is flat. But the juice from the car battery should be able to keep it power on....but it decides to take a nap while "working". :ko:

Right now, it is at home on a "drip". Have to see on weekend if it will stay awake. :-k

Most Jap cars, when you remove key from ignition, it switches off the cigarette lighter port. :-'

law_wish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm
GPS: Garmin 2565
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#173 Post by law_wish » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm

law_wish wrote:Fully charged again on Sunday, this morning switch on, battery almost gone, left a bit, red zone. Went back to Garmin and they replaced a new set. I ask them what if same problem again, he say come back and change again. Any bros using 2565 have this battery issue.
Fully charged again yesterday, switch off and left in the car, this morning again battery almost gone. Is it batch problem, or should I change to another model.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#174 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:38 pm

law_wish wrote:
law_wish wrote:Fully charged again on Sunday, this morning switch on, battery almost gone, left a bit, red zone. Went back to Garmin and they replaced a new set. I ask them what if same problem again, he say come back and change again. Any bros using 2565 have this battery issue.
Fully charged again yesterday, switch off and left in the car, this morning again battery almost gone. Is it batch problem, or should I change to another model.

Can you unplug your 2565 from its USB cable and see if the unit still drains overnight?

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#175 Post by ace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:08 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
ace wrote:I'm not sure if it is battery problem.

My set switch itself off over the weekend even thought it is plugged into the cigarette charger. I know the internal battery is flat. But the juice from the car battery should be able to keep it power on....but it decides to take a nap while "working". :ko:

Right now, it is at home on a "drip". Have to see on weekend if it will stay awake. :-k

Most Jap cars, when you remove key from ignition, it switches off the cigarette lighter port. :-'
What I meant is that it switches off while I'm still driving.....in other words, it goes off, not because I stop and switch off the engine, but it decides to take a nap on its own :fire:.... It's fine if I'm in the home territory, but it will be a pain if I'm in an unknown territory. :x
I don't have free fish......

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#176 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:14 pm

ace wrote: What I meant is that it switches off while I'm still driving.....in other words, it goes off, not because I stop and switch off the engine, but it decides to take a nap on its own :fire:.... It's fine if I'm in the home territory, but it will be a pain if I'm in an unknown territory. :x

Charger kaput ? Fuse Blown ? Cable kaput ? Got voltage going to Nuvi ?

law_wish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm
GPS: Garmin 2565
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#177 Post by law_wish » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Can you unplug your 2565 from its USB cable and see if the unit still drains overnight?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I unplug the cable from the set. Now i left to Garmin office to test. They will get back to me tomorrow morning. Sianz, went to garmin 3 to 4 times.

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: [New Product] Nuvi 2575R & Nuvi 2565

#178 Post by ace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:12 am

Charger kaput ? I'm using a USB cable to power the Nuvi from the USB Hub.. :-$ So is a possibility.
Fuse Blown ? Double confirm. No. :thumbsup:
Cable kaput ? As per above.. Possible. :-$
Got voltage going to Nuvi ? Yes and no.. I can restart but it will turn off almost immediately... So the culprit currently is the USB cable. :mrgreen:
I don't have free fish......

law_wish
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 pm
GPS: Garmin 2565
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#179 Post by law_wish » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am

law_wish wrote:Can you unplug your 2565 from its USB cable and see if the unit still drains overnight?
Thanks for the reply. I unplug the cable from the set. Now i left to Garmin office to test. They will get back to me tomorrow morning. Sianz, went to garmin 3 to 4 times.[/quote]
Left my replaced set for them to charge, they off it when they knock off at 5.30pm, the switch on again this morning, accordingly to them,both the set battery still hold charge. Wondering now, it s my car charging point giving problem, but when plug in, it show my set charging complete leh. Or should I change to 2757.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Brand new nuvi 2565 battery problem

#180 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

law_wish wrote:
law_wish wrote:Can you unplug your 2565 from its USB cable and see if the unit still drains overnight?
Thanks for the reply. I unplug the cable from the set. Now i left to Garmin office to test. They will get back to me tomorrow morning. Sianz, went to garmin 3 to 4 times.
Left my replaced set for them to charge, they off it when they knock off at 5.30pm, the switch on again this morning, accordingly to them,both the set battery still hold charge. Wondering now, it s my car charging point giving problem, but when plug in, it show my set charging complete leh. Or should I change to 2757.[/quote]

If that is the case, then suspect the car charger unit. It could be charging but it could also be draining when car alternator not running :-' Go ask Garmin to change and see if new one solves the problem.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest