Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:45 pm 

GPS: Nuvi 2575R
Or maybe I forgot that I actually connect it directly without using the cradle... hmm... :-k

Anyway, this should answer Bro Ace question :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:17 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
TWSQA wrote:
Please use "Micro USB" instead of "Mini USB" to connect with your laptop. It won't work if you connect via the USB connector of the mount.

wsian wrote:
Bro, the lubang for micro USB is here :mrgreen:
The micro USB cable comes with the package.

deapenidra wrote:
Or maybe I forgot that I actually connect it directly without using the cradle... hmm... :-k
Anyway, this should answer Bro Ace question :D

Hi Bros TWSQA, wsian, & deapenidra,

Thank you all for the pointer.... I did noticed the lobang that wsian shown in the picture but I thought that lobang looks similar to the lobang on the cradle where the DVR camera is supposed to attach to, so I ignore that lobang... So you guys thinks that is the more important lobang.. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Ok Ok... I go home and test it out... Thanks again... :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)
Ok.. it is confirmed.

The lobang is indeed the most important lobang between the Nuvi and the laptop. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 am 

GPS: Nuvii 2565
hi all.. anyone have any idea on how to go about adding richPOI to the device. Which is a .gpi file, poi loader only takes csv files. Help. It is for my 2565

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
There is a folder "POI" in the nuvi main memory. Just throw the gpi file there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 am 

GPS: HP 6965
I have tried using Class4 and Class6 (both Transcend) in the unit, and was able to record in 1280x720 resolutions on both cards. The recording looks fine and does not appear to have any drop frames.

deapenidra wrote:
Just bought 2575R at last IT show. I'm happy with it. All features perform well as expected, besides TV receiver which I think it's really just a 'bonus'... :thumbsup:

And I just realized that I need 8GB Class6 microSDHC to record in 720p HD which the unit doesn't come with. It has 8GB Class4 instead so it records in standard definition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Being playing around with this new toy over the weekend... :mrgreen:

Couple of things I noticed:
1. If you have an SD card, it cannot have a Garmin directory. If you put the map in there, it will tell you it cannot authenticate map. :thumbsdown:
2. With the above mentioned Garmin directory still there, you create a new Map directory. Same thing happens. It cannot authenticate map. :thumbsdown:
3. Remove Garmin directory or you renamed it to something else, and with the Map directory still as is, the maps can be loaded without problem.. :thumbsup:

Road test:
1. Lock on...fast... With active external antenna, faster, I think. :mrgreen: Placebo effect. :mrgreen: Nuvi is very hot when it working, need airconditioning. :lol:
2. The speed limit "dong dong" sound kind of gets to me....but good to know that I'm travelling above the speed limit. :-$
3. Autozoom working is a bit strange. If you turn it off, it starts at 300m elevation. But my favourite elevation is 120m. Try to set it at this level, failed so far. :thumbsdown:
4. MSM ver5.16. Roads cannot be seen. Polygon can be seen. ](*,)

1 sec tracking:
1. Managed to start the logging which is similar to the 2465. But I don't understand the working so far. So I need help!! [-o<
Once I pressed the "Start Recording", you are shown a few selection of either BIN or GPX in the left column and some other selections on the right which I can't remember except for the one word GPS.
If you choose just the GPX and nothing else, you can see the tracklog when your extract the GPX file. But the logging is not 1 sec throughout. When I select BIN as well as well as GPX, and GPS on the right selection, I see the same result..... anybody knows how to get it to record a true 1 sec recording?? [-o<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:14 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465
ace wrote:
If you choose just the GPX and nothing else, you can see the tracklog when your extract the GPX file. But the logging is not 1 sec throughout. When I select BIN as well as well as GPX, and GPS on the right selection, I see the same result..... anybody knows how to get it to record a true 1 sec recording?? [-o<

Try this: http://masmap.org/cms4/documentation/tr ... nuvi-2465/

Follow our map updates on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Noah, have done that. Just that the GPX recording is not in pure 1 sec through out the recording. So I was thinking that there are other selection I should select in order to get the 1 sec recording. And idea which one?

Attachments:
File comment: Which selection to tick?
29672.png
29672.png [ 12.15 KiB | Viewed 726 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:58 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: 60csx, Nuvi 2465
No, just the GPX will do. But my control is Nuvi 2465. Should be the same though.

IIANM with BIN you need to extract with wnutrak. GPX is straightforward.

Follow our map updates on Twitter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next