Malsingmap in Honda Navigation GPS

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

wsian
Site Admin
Site Admin
GPS: SIRFstar III

Malsingmap in Honda Navigation GPS

#11 Post by wsian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 pm

I believe your unit is just like what we have in previous years (the windows mobile / symbian).
There is an unlock code itself on the SD card for the navigation software to be executed.

Copying map data files to your original SD card should have minimum risk. As your SD card garmin folder has no map data using filename gmapsupp.img, copy this file over will not overwrite anything original.

Having said so, it is still your own decision whether you want to do this.

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C

Re: Malsingmap in Honda Navigation GPS

#12 Post by moeyHC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am

Our friend here do have a point in saying that Honda is making money out of our free map. At least the MSM map when placed in the SD card Garmin folder with Gmapsupp.img as filename should work.

If it is not working as suggested by Bro wsian, may I suggest Malsingmaps.com highlight this to Honda and Garmin to protest this locked feature. Hopefully they listen... or we buy Toyota like Bro SB did.... :lol:

p/s: bro okayguy... if you are in Penang I don't mind helping you. I don't know what I can do... but 2 heads are better then one..
MSM Glossary/Index - viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#13 Post by moeyHC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

okayguy
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 660

#14 Post by okayguy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 pm

I have taken all the valuable advice from you all and here are my findings:

I ended up having to add the unlocked malsingmap on the ORIGINAL HONDA SD card otherwise the GPS will not be able to even start. But Honda has tweaked the unit in such a way that even an unlocked map is added to the original card and the GPS can start working, it will NOT allow user to select any map like a normal GPS. In other words, the system will ignore the newly added malsingmap and continues to use the original outdated map!

Such is protectionism at work to protect their revenue!!!

At the end of day, nothing can be done unless the passcode is released by HONDA.

Sigh!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#15 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 pm

okayguy wrote:I have taken all the valuable advice from you all and here are my findings:

I ended up having to add the unlocked malsingmap on the ORIGINAL HONDA SD card otherwise the GPS will not be able to even start. But Honda has tweaked the unit in such a way that even an unlocked map is added to the original card and the GPS can start working, it will NOT allow user to select any map like a normal GPS. In other words, the system will ignore the newly added malsingmap and continues to use the original outdated map!

Such is protectionism at work to protect their revenue!!!

At the end of day, nothing can be done unless the passcode is released by HONDA.

Sigh!

Did you delete the original map from the original SD card and put the latest MSM NT map inside it under same map file name ?

johndoera1800
GPS: hon nav

#16 Post by johndoera1800 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi guys, on request from my fren, I will post a simple guide to update maps for Honda civic Navi 2012 (Malaysian model) using the free n unlocked malsingmap. (MSM community...u rock :thumbsup: )
Please proceed at ur own risk. Guide derive from methods described by the malsingmap gurus here and from gurus at noeman.org. Give them the credits.

########WARNING########
##*** To all Malaysian civic navi owners. This simple guide is made based on materials found over Internet particularly noeman.org and malsingmap. The aim is to update our Honda navi map from version year 2011 to latest malsingmap 2012 NT version 5.82. However this involves MODDING UR ORIGINAL SD CARD!!!! So please proceed at your own risk. ***##

Step 1. 
Download latest map from here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=80
- You may need to register as member to get to the download section.

Step 2.
Download the AES custom POI here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 24&t=24066

Step 3. 
Remove the SD slot cover. Unscrew the plastic cover. Extract your Honda Garmin SD card. Unlock your card. Insert into your PC. BACKUP the card content. 

Step 4.
Extract the downloaded map containing gmapsupp.img and product.jcv file. 
Rename gmapsupp.img to gmapprom.img. Then copy over and overwrite the same file found in your SD card /Garmin folder. 

Step 5.
Delete gmapprom.unl & grmn0.gma file from the /Garmin folder.

Step 6. 
Extract Msm existing 14 Aes.gpi file. Copy into /Garmin/ POI folder.

Step 7.
Remove SD card from PC.  Lock back SD card.

Step 8. 
Insert back card into navi. Rescrew cover. Plug back slot cover. 

Finally... Enjoy.. :)

alharis288
Qualified Mapper
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2465

#17 Post by alharis288 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

johndoera1800 wrote:Hi guys, on request from my fren, I will post a simple guide to update maps for Honda civic Navi 2012 (Malaysian model) using the free n unlocked malsingmap. (MSM community...u rock :thumbsup: )
Please proceed at ur own risk. Guide derive from methods described by the malsingmap gurus here and from gurus at noeman.org. Give them the credits.

########WARNING########
##*** To all Malaysian civic navi owners. This simple guide is made based on materials found over Internet particularly noeman.org and malsingmap. The aim is to update our Honda navi map from version year 2011 to latest malsingmap 2012 NT version 5.82. However this involves MODDING UR ORIGINAL SD CARD!!!! So please proceed at your own risk. ***##

Step 1. 
Download latest map from here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=80
- You may need to register as member to get to the download section.

Step 2.
Download the AES custom POI here: http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewt ... 24&t=24066

Step 3. 
Remove the SD slot cover. Unscrew the plastic cover. Extract your Honda Garmin SD card. Unlock your card. Insert into your PC. BACKUP the card content. 

Step 4.
Extract the downloaded map containing gmapsupp.img and product.jcv file. 
Rename gmapsupp.img to gmapprom.img. Then copy over and overwrite the same file found in your SD card /Garmin folder. 

Step 5.
Delete gmapprom.unl & grmn0.gma file from the /Garmin folder.

Step 6. 
Extract Msm existing 14 Aes.gpi file. Copy into /Garmin/ POI folder.

Step 7.
Remove SD card from PC.  Lock back SD card.

Step 8. 
Insert back card into navi. Rescrew cover. Plug back slot cover. 

Finally... Enjoy.. :)

:good: johndoera1800

Detail instructions.

:rokz:

moeyHC
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

#18 Post by moeyHC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:20 pm

:good: Bro johndoera1800

This is good information.

matganu
GPS: garmin nuvi 200

#19 Post by matganu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Thx...LA working but JV is not working

ngbh-mals
GPS: Honda Navi

#20 Post by ngbh-mals » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 am

:tq:

Thanks a lot, johndoera1800! However, the junction view does not work. I have inserted the downloaded file into /garmin/ jcv folder. I have even renamed the junction view file name as per in the SD card.