The nüvi® 52LM SG/MY

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: SG Postal code issue

#11 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 pm

PatrickL33 wrote:
that i don't think I tried.. will try later

but any idea why the search u talking baout can't search pois like my work place Fuji Xerox.

When I press search "fuji" , it give me results like fujiann province in china.. wtf >_>

but if i revert back to the old map, search fuji is working, it even have the auto complete.
Don't know about your Nuvi, but both my "PND" Nuvi, model 3790 / 765 and my on-board car ICE Panasonic running Garmin Navigational Software are locating Fuji Xerox Tower at 80 Anson Road, using WhereTo - POI - Spell Name ... using Garmin-MsM NT v6.31 map

Please ensure u enable only one map in your Nuvi ?

PatrickL33
GPS: Nuvi 200w

#12 Post by PatrickL33 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Sorry sifus, allow me to use pics for better explanation.

Using The default map now, not selecting any other maps

When i do postal code search in Where to? > Address > Spell postal code It's works

When i go to Where to? > Search ? Fuji , it's work, it has auto complete and produce the correct results

The junction view is working correctly.

============================================================================================
============================================================================================
Now I switch to the latest map i downloaded

Postal code didnt work, do Where to ? > Search > key in the postal code didn't work

When I try Where to ? > Search > i tried to key in Fuji , same as above. I didn't get auto complete function also giving me weird results.

Even the junction view not working, same location

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

#13 Post by Redstorm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:12 pm

PatrickL33 wrote:Sorry sifus, allow me to use pics for better explanation.

When i do postal code search in Where to? > Address > Spell postal code It's works

When i go to Where to? > Search ? Fuji , it's work, it has auto complete and produce the correct results

Postal code didnt work, do Where to ? > Search > key in the postal code didn't work

When I try Where to ? > Search > i tried to key in Fuji , same as above. I didn't get auto complete function also giving me weird results.

I refer to your last picture about JCV not working while on Chin Swee Road using the MSM 6.xx map. There is nothing wrong with your device or this map. The only problem is that with this map there are very very few JCV in Singapore. There are only some but mostly in KL.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

PatrickL33

#14 Post by PatrickL33 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Redstorm wrote:
PatrickL33 wrote:Sorry sifus, allow me to use pics for better explanation.

I refer to your last picture about JCV not working while on Chin Swee Road using the MSM 6.xx map. There is nothing wrong with your device or this map. The only problem is that with this map there are very very few JCV in Singapore. There are only some but mostly in KL.
thanks for the verification for the last pic regarding JV. Is there any area I can test to verify it's working?

Actually i don't mind about JV but the search function not working after updating the map is really bizarre. I can search for my favorites though,

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#15 Post by SilverBeauty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm

You got duplicate maps. Junk the Mid Autumn festival version. Stick with the 2013.20 version

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#16 Post by ace » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:00 pm

PatrickL33 wrote:thanks for the verification for the last pic regarding JV. Is there any area I can test to verify it's working?

1. Actually i don't mind about JV but the search function not working after updating the map is really bizarre. I can search for my favorites though,
If you want to test if the JCV is working, there are a few in Singapore that were recently added...just a few. :mrgreen:

You can see where they are in this thread...

viewtopic.php?p=207362&f=2#p207362

2. About the Postal Code issue, you may have to temper your expectations if you are using the weekly release version. Why? Being a free sharing community, we are too poor or can't afford to pay the government for the postal code data. So we have to collect the postal codes ourselves. That being the case, the premise is.... if it has been collected in this viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23297 than it would probably shows up once you figure out how to use it from your Nuvi. But if it didn't shows up after you have use the correct procedure, then it is most likely not in the pot of Postal Code POI. :(

The CN (City Navigator) version is generated by Garmin from our map data, Garmin have better postal code info that we have, so it's probably woven into it (I could be wrong). As for the weekly version, the mappers here generate it themselves, so if the POI pot don't have the postal code you are looking for, it aren't going to show up no matter which method or procedure you use.
I don't have free fish......

PatrickL33

#17 Post by PatrickL33 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

ace wrote:
PatrickL33 wrote:thanks for the verification for the last pic regarding JV. Is there any area I can test to verify it's working?

1. Actually i don't mind about JV but the search function not working after updating the map is really bizarre. I can search for my favorites though,
If you want to test if the JCV is working, there are a few in Singapore that were recently added...just a few. :mrgreen:

You can see where they are in this thread...

viewtopic.php?p=207362&f=2#p207362

2. About the Postal Code issue, you may have to temper your expectations if you are using the weekly release version. Why? Being a free sharing community, we are too poor or can't afford to pay the government for the postal code data. So we have to collect the postal codes ourselves. That being the case, the premise is.... if it has been collected in this viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23297 than it would probably shows up once you figure out how to use it from your Nuvi. But if it didn't shows up after you have use the correct procedure, then it is most likely not in the pot of Postal Code POI. :(

The CN (City Navigator) version is generated by Garmin from our map data, Garmin have better postal code info that we have, so it's probably woven into it (I could be wrong). As for the weekly version, the mappers here generate it themselves, so if the POI pot don't have the postal code you are looking for, it aren't going to show up no matter which method or procedure you use.
ahh, maybe you're right. I will check out the JV that suppose to be there to determine is it working.

as for postal code, i tried alot of numbers, couldn't find it. Is there any "confirm" searchable code that I can try out not?

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#18 Post by Zeus73 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:06 pm

PatrickL33 wrote:as for postal code, i tried alot of numbers, couldn't find it. Is there any "confirm" searchable code that I can try out not?
Try 637898...

PatrickL33

#19 Post by PatrickL33 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Zeus73 wrote:
PatrickL33 wrote:as for postal code, i tried alot of numbers, couldn't find it. Is there any "confirm" searchable code that I can try out not?
Try 637898...
thanks but not working for the mid Autumn map. hmmm

Zeus73
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550, Kenwood DNX4150BT

#20 Post by Zeus73 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:06 pm

PatrickL33 wrote:thanks but not working for the mid Autumn map. hmmm
I'm using the same map.
Attachments
637898.jpg