The Nuvi 310

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#11 Post by Redstorm » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 pm

bb1314 wrote:
Redstorm wrote:Oh, sorry, now I remember the guy who created these files has not transferred them to the new site. Looks like you gotta be patient and wait for the transfer.
:mrgreen: nvm can wait. since I dun even buy my toy yet... now just gathering info and preparing the files needed in SD card.
You need the main all-in-one "open" map (june 07) and the rest of the alert files like redlight cam, speed cam and ERP gantry. Besides, you may also want to look for the 4-D outlets, free wi-fi spots and MRT station files.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

lengzaino7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm
GPS: GARMIN nuvi 310
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#12 Post by lengzaino7 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:17 am

Redstorm wrote:You need the main all-in-one "open" map (june 07) and the rest of the alert files like redlight cam, speed cam and ERP gantry. Besides, you may also want to look for the 4-D outlets, free wi-fi spots and MRT station files.
Hi ,Guy~ just want to ask samething about the img file
If i find the IMG files , where i need paste to on my nuvi 310
It is into the garmin folder or into my SD card?
It will search by Itself !!

Thank for your help!!

User avatar
Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:37 pm
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM
Location: Hougang, Sg
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#13 Post by Redstorm » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:28 am

lengzaino7 wrote:
Redstorm wrote:You need the main all-in-one "open" map (june 07) and the rest of the alert files like redlight cam, speed cam and ERP gantry. Besides, you may also want to look for the 4-D outlets, free wi-fi spots and MRT station files.
Hi ,Guy~ just want to ask samething about the img file
If i find the IMG files , where i need paste to on my nuvi 310
It is into the garmin folder or into my SD card?
It will search by Itself !!

Thank for your help!!
These alerts are not img file, they are .gpi files. They must be installed in your SD card. Inside your SD card, you will see a Garmin folder. Open up the Garmin folder and create a sub-folder called POI and copy all these alert files into it.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

User avatar
AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
Location: Eastern Singapore
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#14 Post by AxeLa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 am

Redstorm wrote:
lengzaino7 wrote: Hi ,Guy~ just want to ask samething about the img file
If i find the IMG files , where i need paste to on my nuvi 310
It is into the garmin folder or into my SD card?
It will search by Itself !!

Thank for your help!!
These alerts are not img file, they are .gpi files. They must be installed in your SD card. Inside your SD card, you will see a Garmin folder. Open up the Garmin folder and create a sub-folder called POI and copy all these alert files into it.
Remember to copy also the MP 3 files, if not no sound... :thumbsup:
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

lengzaino7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm
GPS: GARMIN nuvi 310
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#15 Post by lengzaino7 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:42 am

AxeLa wrote: These alerts are not img file, they are .gpi files. They must be installed in your SD card. Inside your SD card, you will see a Garmin folder. Open up the Garmin folder and create a sub-folder called POI and copy all these alert files into it.
I bought the GPS no SD card, i take myself SD to put inside
inside no other folder all need create by myself or need any software to do it.
i aready create MP3 folder, Image folder.....
if i put all the IMG file to my SD card, the unit will auto detect my map from SD a not??

*PS* all i do no any respond for my map!! (maybe i do wrong :ko:)
need many thing still to learn ~ Thank you there!!!!!

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)
Location: Puchong, Selangor
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#16 Post by stimix » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:15 am

B4 u proceed further, and get urself in :ko: :hair: situation, why not spend another few days of reading the Help/wiki??

Here is the link for NUVI users:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... _Nuvi_GPSr

But preferable u start from Newbie pitstop:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... es_Pitstop

No point jumping to the end when u have not start to understand the whole picture! :mrgreen: Average users take 2-3 days going thru wiki..As a newbie last year it took me 2 weeks to read & understand!! so do the same :mrgreen:

User avatar
AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
Location: Eastern Singapore
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#17 Post by AxeLa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am

lengzaino7 wrote:
AxeLa wrote: These alerts are not img file, they are .gpi files. They must be installed in your SD card. Inside your SD card, you will see a Garmin folder. Open up the Garmin folder and create a sub-folder called POI and copy all these alert files into it.
I bought the GPS no SD card, i take myself SD to put inside
inside no other folder all need create by myself or need any software to do it.
i aready create MP3 folder, Image folder.....
if i put all the IMG file to my SD card, the unit will auto detect my map from SD a not??

*PS* all i do no any respond for my map!! (maybe i do wrong :ko:)
need many thing still to learn ~ Thank you there!!!!!
After putting the maps in Garmin folder check the MAps/more info and Nuvi should detect ur maps in sd card... :thumbsup:
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

User avatar
AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
Location: Eastern Singapore
Contact:

Re: Questions about Garmin 310

#18 Post by AxeLa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:58 am

xcalibur wrote:Hi, I just recently got my Garmin 310 and it has been a blast to use so far. One thing I am a little confused about is the way the device treats POIs. What constitutes a POI? Are the locations I save as favourites considered a POI? Also, how do I categorise my favourites into food, lodging, etc? Or can this only be done using the PC software and not directly from the receiver?

Another thing I am confused about is why the road names don't appear when I am traveling from one destination to another. It seems to appear only when I am not on a trip. Is there a way to tweak this? Thanks a lot guys!
set ur Map to read "Most'.....u can see more roads... :wink:
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

lengzaino7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm
GPS: GARMIN nuvi 310
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#19 Post by lengzaino7 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 pm

stimix wrote:B4 u proceed further, and get urself in :ko: :hair: situation, why not spend another few days of reading the Help/wiki??

Here is the link for NUVI users:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... _Nuvi_GPSr

But preferable u start from Newbie pitstop:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... es_Pitstop

No point jumping to the end when u have not start to understand the whole picture! :mrgreen: Average users take 2-3 days going thru wiki..As a newbie last year it took me 2 weeks to read & understand!! so do the same :mrgreen:

hehe....not me no take note on Help/wiki, same is not understanding
maybe me IQ too slow #-o
whatever thank you for your help~ start for now need to read and make understand
so happy discuss with you all~ keep it!!
Thank you very very much :tq:

lengzaino7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm
GPS: GARMIN nuvi 310
Contact:

Re: first time learning to use GPS

#20 Post by lengzaino7 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:51 pm

Hallo~hi there,
how can i unlock the lastest Map for garmin, the map are show (Lock)
They tell need a contribution if no never give that code~
how i can shave me contribution, now i'm use is june 2007~

And one more question is what mean is the gdb format :-?
how can i put them into my nuvi 310 [-o<

Thank for reply :tq:

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests