The Nuvi 760

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

calvinklang
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

Re: The Nuvi 760

#81 Post by calvinklang » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:20 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:
calvinklang wrote:Hi Seniors,
Can someone advise me on the charging time for the Nuvi 760?
I have charged it twice for abt 8 hours, but the screen still shows 'Charging'.
Is it normal? Or should the screen shows "Charged", similiar to our mobile phones?
Appreciate if somebody can advise me.
Many thanks in advance.
For the car charger that comes with the unit, I usually look at the light on the charger itself. There are two LEDs. One green one to indicate that there is power, and an orange one which blinks when charging. When first charging, the orange LED will blink quite regularly. Once full, the orange LED will stay on for a long time, and will blink once in a long while. For me, that is the indication that it is fully charged. (I usually charge my 760 with the unit "off". Ie. once I plug the charger in, it will turn on, then I will wait for it to fully boot up, then I will immediately turn it off before I leave it to continue charging.)

I don't have the mains charger, so I don't know if it has the same indicators.

Regards,
FrancisTLim.
Hi Francis,

I have not tried using the car charger. Currently, im using the AC charger bought separately.

May i know when your unit is fully charge using the car charger, what message is displayed on screen (when its power off)?
Calvin

FrancisTLim
Regular
Regular
GPS: 60CS

#82 Post by FrancisTLim » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:09 pm

calvinklang wrote:Hi Francis,

I have not tried using the car charger. Currently, im using the AC charger bought separately.

May i know when your unit is fully charge using the car charger, what message is displayed on screen (when its power off)?
When charging & I turn the unit off, the display goes black, but shows two lines of very dim text that says [Charging battery, Slide the power key to turn on]. Then after a while, the screen goes completely black (ie. the very dim text disappears). If I touch the screen, the two lines of dim text comes back on.

I have never noticed to see if the text changes to anything else. So far, when I see the LED indicate full charge, I just disconnect the unit without touching the screen, so there is nothing on the screen (completely black).

Maybe next time, I will try to remember to touch the screen first to see if the text has changed, before I disconnect the charger.

Regards,
FrancisTLim.

calvinklang
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

#83 Post by calvinklang » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

FrancisTLim wrote:
calvinklang wrote:Hi Francis,

When charging & I turn the unit off, the display goes black, but shows two lines of very dim text that says [Charging battery, Slide the power key to turn on]. Then after a while, the screen goes completely black (ie. the very dim text disappears). If I touch the screen, the two lines of dim text comes back on.

I have never noticed to see if the text changes to anything else. So far, when I see the LED indicate full charge, I just disconnect the unit without touching the screen, so there is nothing on the screen (completely black).

Maybe next time, I will try to remember to touch the screen first to see if the text has changed, before I disconnect the charger.

Regards,
FrancisTLim.
Bro Francis,

Thanks for the info and apologize for the trouble.
Calvin

cruiser
Elite
Elite
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.

#84 Post by cruiser » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:16 am

Image ~~ Image
calvinklang wrote: This was taken with the power re connected. It will stay this way until it gets unplugged looking like the 1st snap and loosing at least a green bar when power decreases.

Hi cruiser,

Many thanks for your inputs. Sorry, i think i created a little confusion here.

Actually for my previous 2 x 8 hours cycle charge, my unit was power off during the charge and i used the AC Mains charger. As for the images shown, the unit was power on. So i do not know if there is any diffirence? Please advise.

Hullo Calvin, our times crossed and I was away as well but back to yr confusion... don't see it like you felt but anyway, like Bro Francis explained, yes indeed it blacks out into charging phase or mode if you like, I thought that being a routine occurrence that needed no further mention however, I overlooked ... my bad #-o but here it is, when I had it switched off, it exits with a short message and goes pitch dark... after revealing its status.

In my situation frankly, I had not considered much on this area about its running time and storage capacity thus far... always treat these toys as a "disposable" when its time is due and hopefully, their value would have served by their expected performance or "service term" when it is ready to be buried or discarded for trash.

Like I mentioned earlier, my units remains hooked up after I remove them from the cradles before leaving my parked car and still leaving them on, with the Nuvi I have to agree with the "Yes" tab and with my Tom tom, it stays on by default. Once inside my home, I have them both plugged in on their respective cradles again and power supply resumes from there on.

This way, satellite connection stays linked and I do away with the waiting for sat-sync unlike most having to wait in their vehicle for quite some time before they start to drive off... whilst Imagemine is immediate...Image

Enjoy your Nuvi and let us hear more from down under...when you next surface
:thumbsup:
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

bkling
GPS: Garmin

Garmin 760 Battery die liau.....

#85 Post by bkling » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 am

My friend Gamin 760's battery die liau after less than a year of use. He call garmin US and they will change it for him free but he has to bear the shipping bill. He is thinking to DIY to change the battery and increase the battery to more powerful one so that it could last for more hours say more than 6-8 hours. Any forumer can recommend and any DIY tutorial in web site?

tlchuan
Junior Mapper
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM

#86 Post by tlchuan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:42 pm

:peace: Yahoo just brought my self a nuvi 760 in Penang :peace:
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya

tlchuan
Junior Mapper

#87 Post by tlchuan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Dear All,

any sifu of 760 can teach me how to check the below item :ko:

1) How to check the internal memory size.

2) what is the smallest accuracy these modal can get.

My New Nuvi is a taiwan modal (Nuvi760 TWN) :prayer:

:tq:
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
Now In Subang Jaya

tlchuan
Junior Mapper

Re: Nuvi 760 is here

#88 Post by tlchuan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Redstorm wrote:
badbad2000 wrote:How is your experience with Garmin Nuvi 760 so far?
I am getting mine next week. Bought from oversea cheaper. :p (expected no warranty)

Not sure need to get the fiction mount or not, is the stock suction cup gd enough?
Get the friction mount! It's definitely much much better than the sucton cup holder which is prone to dropping off every few days due to the heat.
Bro Redstorm

Do you have a picture to show the friction mount. because i am planing to buy one. :tq:
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
Now In Subang Jaya

tlchuan
Junior Mapper

#89 Post by tlchuan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:32 pm

My Nuvi 760 twn
Software version 2.10
Audio Version 1.90
GPS Sw version 3.00s

can i update my software to 2.70, using WebUpdater :ko:
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
Now In Subang Jaya

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Nuvi 760 is here

#90 Post by Redstorm » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:00 pm

tlchuan wrote: Bro Redstorm

Do you have a picture to show the friction mount. because i am planing to buy one. :tq:
Here is a pic of a friction mount.
Attachments
Friction mount.jpg
Friction mount.jpg (4.32 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P