The Nuvi 760

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

ecphome
GPS: garmin 750

Re: Nuvi 760 is here

#31 Post by ecphome » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 pm

yo friends - i'm in USA now for 3 weeks, and just bought a nuvi 750 for U$550 (inc CA sales tax) for my use here. i also just joined this forum since i want to be able to use the unit once i get back to sg as well. just offering my service - if anyone wants me to pick up unit for them while i am here - just let me know. i am willing to buy a couple more without you paying now - but if it is more than a couple, little hard on my credit card!

feis
Junior Mapper
GPS: Nüvi 360, Nüvi 200, 60CSx

#32 Post by feis » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:34 pm

ecphome wrote:i am willing to buy a couple more without you paying now
I would like to advice you against buying first without any binding. At least let them pay or deposit SGD50 into your account. Unless you know the buyer personally or have somebody you know who could vouch for him.

Many people want to help each other here but there are always unscrupulous people wanting to take advantage.

Then again it's your decision.

regards

623MRB1
Regular
Regular
GPS: nüvi 750

#33 Post by 623MRB1 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 pm

ecphome wrote:yo friends - i'm in USA now for 3 weeks, and just bought a nuvi 750 for U$550 (inc CA sales tax) for my use here. i also just joined this forum since i want to be able to use the unit once i get back to sg as well. just offering my service - if anyone wants me to pick up unit for them while i am here - just let me know. i am willing to buy a couple more without you paying now - but if it is more than a couple, little hard on my credit card!
When you travel to/fro US, you are advised not to lock your check-in baggage per US custom requirement. Any valuable stuff in the buggage may be lost when it is unlocked.

Are you willing to handcarry all the additional purchase? If you are being checked at the Singapore custom, you need to pay GST. Hope you got the hint.

ecphome
GPS: garmin 750

#34 Post by ecphome » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:48 pm

thanks for the advice frens - i wasnt so woried about the people walking away (since i figured i should be able to at least cover the cost) however the point about stuff lost etc is another matter which i never considered.

by the way, in the 2 days of use since i bought the 750, i found that the unit is very easy to use, and fast and accurate, except in a couple of areas of high rise buildings in the downtown area of San Francisco where I am now. in one area around one market street the 750 thinks i have suddenly jumped from market street to the next street over - i guess it is reflections from the glass canyons. i'll see how it works when i travel around the usa a bit more after next week.

as a gps newbie i am happy with the 750, the screen is very good and the tts works fine, and the interface is simple and very easy to use. fyi i chose the 750 over the 760 bcos i found that the major diff is the bluetooth, and i find using bluetooth drains my phone battery too fast.

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

#35 Post by trajet2b » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 pm

ecphome wrote:by the way, in the 2 days of use since i bought the 750, i found that the unit is very easy to use, and fast and accurate, except in a couple of areas of high rise buildings in the downtown area of San Francisco where I am now. in one area around one market street the 750 thinks i have suddenly jumped from market street to the next street over - i guess it is reflections from the glass canyons. i'll see how it works when i travel around the usa a bit more after next week.
That's a common problem with Garmin gpsr navigation application. The only short fall for the Nuvi is that you are not able to navigate when you set Lock on Road to Off. So got to bear with it. When that happens, stop navigation and when you get a better EPE then restart the navigation again.

As for the other series, you can avoid this problem by setting Lock on Road to OFF and can still use the navigation function.

Zetc
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 750T

Re: The Nuvi 760

#36 Post by Zetc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:47 am

Am a new user of the Garmin Nuvi 750T.
The routing is quite good. The unit has hung on me a few times though, esp. when using the where-am-I function.
Satellite lock takes on average 5 mins.

I understand that the nuvi 7xx series can do tracking and have used it, but it seems to be a very basic function. Is there any way to set the tracking options, like the frequency of the logging?

Zetc
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 750T

Re: Question about Garmin 760

#37 Post by Zetc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Just curious... What map does it come preloaded with?
badbad2000 wrote:I paid about SGD750 ordered online. then bring back by my friend.
I am getting external antenna also, see if it will improve the GPS power up lock on to GPS faster.

mr bintang
GPS: garmin nuvi 760

#38 Post by mr bintang » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Redstorm wrote:
badbad2000 wrote:How is your experience with Garmin Nuvi 760 so far?
I am getting mine next week. Bought from oversea cheaper. :p (expected no warranty)

Not sure need to get the fiction mount or not, is the stock suction cup gd enough?
Get the friction mount! It's definitely much much better than the sucton cup holder which is prone to dropping off every few days due to the heat.
i,ve had mine for a couple of weeks now.i use it every day for work with all my routes in it ,ifind itvery good ,no problems yet.

badbad2000
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 760

#39 Post by badbad2000 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:01 am

haa.. of coz is taiwan map
Zetc wrote:Just curious... What map does it come preloaded with?

tyongchi
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi 660
Vista HCx

#40 Post by tyongchi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 am

I would be making a trip to Taipei next month. Where can I find a good shop (meaning at reasonable price) retailing the 760?