The Nuvi 360

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Foo
GPS: 60c and Nuvi 360

Nuvi 360 Unable To Search Some Roads

#1 Post by Foo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:16 pm

I am unable to find some of the road name using spellname using my Nuvi. Example is Hujan batu or Hujan emas around OUG. Anybody got the same problem with their nuvi? Any solution?

chuah
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200 + 76CX

Re: Nuvi unable to search some road using spellname

#2 Post by chuah » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Bro Foo

Just type Hujan to find and you will get all the road with hujan word .... What version of map you using?

V1.23 should have which i try just now.

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi200

#3 Post by badrol » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:06 pm

Have you upload RoadPOI into your garmin? I got no problem searching for road name after upload the POI file.

Foo
GPS: 60c and Nuvi 360

#4 Post by Foo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:47 am

I am using the October version of locked all in one map. "Hujan" return no result, but some of other road are OK. Is weird sometime I could not find some of the road althought I can find it using mapsource.

I thought the all in one map include road POI, no?
Last edited by Foo on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nuvi 2565, Nuvi 255W, HP iPaq 3715 with Rikaline 6033 (retired), Mapking G10 (retired)

#5 Post by ace » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:33 am

The maps installed in Mapsource via the installer file has the road names incorporated and searchable if it is there.

The road POI file is a separate file created as workaround just for nuvi users. If the roads are not updated in the file, you can't find it.
I don't have free fish......

rustgal17
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 360T

The Nuvi 360

#6 Post by rustgal17 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:13 am

Hi,

We have just brought a Garmin Nuvi 360T in Germany but we need to have a map on Malaysia and Singapore. Any idea how we could download it from the website? We need the map for Singapore and Malaysia badly as we are leaving for Singapore in 2 days´time and our Garmin Nuvi 360T has only information of European map. Please help!!

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Garmin Nuvi 360T

#7 Post by SilverBeauty » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:51 am

rustgal17 wrote:Hi,

We have just brought a Garmin Nuvi 360T in Germany but we need to have a map on Malaysia and Singapore. Any idea how we could download it from the website? We need the map for Singapore and Malaysia badly as we are leaving for Singapore in 2 days´time and our Garmin Nuvi 360T has only information of European map. Please help!!
:welcome: bro or sis rustgal17 :-? to malsingmaps where all Garmin is discussed here. Please advise are you a girl of guy :-? so we can salute via your correct gender :-'

Please take time to go through our wiki section where you will learn the basics of GPS and the use of Garmin hardware.

The June maps are free to download without any restrictions. Just access the link below. However if you want the latest maps ( Nov ) you will need to contribute ( no money involved ) through POI, error tracking etc... to get unlock codes

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/downloads.php

rustgal17

#8 Post by rustgal17 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Thanks all,
I manage to download the file into my SD card but could not activate it in my Nuvi 350T, no response when the card was inserted. Could it be that I can access the information only in singapore.

By the way, I am Mrs and I welcome any questions you may have on Germany. Will be in Singapore for about 5 months and will probably go to Malaysia too.

I will try to use the download map when I get into Singapore. I hope it works otherwise I will buy the preprogramme card in Singapore (i Hope they have it available on stock), ordering from online takes about 2 weeks or more.

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

#9 Post by trajet2b » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm

rustgal17 wrote:Hi Thanks all,
I manage to download the file into my SD card but could not activate it in my Nuvi 350T, no response when the card was inserted. Could it be that I can access the information only in singapore.

By the way, I am Mrs and I welcome any questions you may have on Germany. Will be in Singapore for about 5 months and will probably go to Malaysia too.

I will try to use the download map when I get into Singapore. I hope it works otherwise I will buy the preprogramme card in Singapore (i Hope they have it available on stock), ordering from online takes about 2 weeks or more.
hey not to worry. When you are in Singapore and you need help setting up your Nuvi with malsingmaps, just give us a shout. We will be glad to help you out.

rustgal17

#10 Post by rustgal17 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi again,

Thanks for the kind encouragement. Just to make sure I am not making any mistakes when saving the map into my SD card. I have download the file into my computer and when I opened it and was asked to save into ??, I choose my SD card which was inserted into my card reader attached to the PC. I did not attached my Nuvi 360T to the PC. When the file was transferred to the SD card, I simply insert into my Nuvi 360T and tried to locate a address in the Spell Address or even looking for Singapore or Malaysia as well as an address in Orchard Road but the device has no response at all. Please make the actual step to download the file into the SD. Have I done it right?