Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
sammy wrote:
I don't think it will work because the GTM 25 seems to be a customized one for Singapore/Malaysia and if you have a pre IT show 1460, you have to return it to Garmin for a firmware update. I have a GTM 20 with my Nuvi 660 bought from the US and it doesn't work.

Err... For pre IT Show units, just update the software to version 2.40 and CN map to 2010.10. Both are available online, no need to return it to Garmin. :mrgreen:

As for your nuvi 660, I'm not sure if the TMC service is region locked like JCV. But even if the hardware works, you will still need the CN SG/MY NT 2010.10 map.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:00 pm 

GPS: Kenwood
sammy wrote:

Sorry. Don't get on much. For my Nuvi, I have to put the unlock code in a file called gmapsupp.unl in the same directory that gmapsupp.img is in. However for the Kenwood, I don't need the gmapsupp.unl. My Kenwood 7100 asks me for the unlock code when I start it up and I just key it in. Are you in Singapore? If you are, I might be able to meet up

Hi sammy, I am in Singapore now. Thanks for the offer. I would really like to meet you up to unlock the latest map. Will pm you my number to meet you at your place?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 am 

GPS: nuvi760
This is a question about the Kenwood DNX7360BT. This unit is capable of showing JCV and lane assist..this was taken from kenwood malaysia website ( http://my.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainment ... /DNX7360BT ):
"Junction View & Lane Guide (depending on SD card/countries)"
I intend to get this unit in PJ from an authorised kenwood malaysia dealer and I would like to know if it will show JCV from our Malsingmaps NT 2010.20 map? I've sent an email to both kenwood and garmin about this, but none have replied :thumbsdown: ](*,)

Can anyone here help?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
caj_54 wrote:
This is a question about the Kenwood DNX7360BT. This unit is capable of showing JCV and lane assist...

What I know is that kenwood is only using TA map as official map. So, there is no support on JCV with MSM NT map on kenwood unit.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:16 am 

wsian wrote:
What I know is that kenwood is only using TA map as official map. So, there is no support on JCV with MSM NT map on kenwood unit.

Thanks for the reply. Its sad to know that I won't be able to see JCV on this machine :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS: SIRFstar III
You'll still be able to use JCV with TA map. Until kenwood agrees to preload dual maps, like what garmin nuvi did, then you will have MSM NT with JCV

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm 

wsian wrote:
You'll still be able to use JCV with TA map. ...

But how old are the TA maps? I mean, MSM updates every few months. When was the TA maps last updated?

wsian wrote:
Until kenwood agrees to preload dual maps...

Please Kenwood, please... [-o< [-o< [-o<

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:31 am 

Just to let those interested in the new Kenwood Garmin series, it does show lane assist and JCV with the 2010.20map \:D/ \:D/ . I just got the KNA630 hooked up to the DDX8630BT and they work. (I got it after Kenwood Singapore confirmed that it works and a friend got the DNX7360BT and he said it works on it...Kenwood Malaysia said it doesn't!...shows you how little knowledge they have of their OWN product!! #-o But the pictures on the JCV aren't great because of the high resolution of the HU, but at least I have my JCV and LA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:24 pm 

GPS: Kenwood DNX7360BT
caj_54 wrote:
Just to let those interested in the new Kenwood Garmin series, it does show lane assist and JCV with the 2010.20map \:D/ \:D/ . I just got the KNA630 hooked up to the DDX8630BT and they work. (I got it after Kenwood Singapore confirmed that it works and a friend got the DNX7360BT and he said it works on it...Kenwood Malaysia said it doesn't!...shows you how little knowledge they have of their OWN product!! #-o But the pictures on the JCV aren't great because of the high resolution of the HU, but at least I have my JCV and LA.

I'm using the DNX7360BT and both the lane assist and JCV works but the problem is the map is either not up to date or got some bugs...I live in Penang and it have problem to navigate me to Queensbay Mall. It can lead you to the destination and you can see the building in front of you but the navi keep on asking you to reroute and some time you will find yourself driving in the sea for certain road in front of the Queesbay mall???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 am 

GPS: MAP2007
HELO everywan...just a simple question...
This DNX-6160 In dash CD/dvd/mp3 player having GPS Navigation built-in and supported by Garmin and NAVTEQ map database (Built-in Garmin navigation board Pre-loaded with maps of Canada, USA, and Puerto Rico )
the questions is can i change this built-in maps to malaysia maps...i order this unit from us,but will use in malaysia...
can anybody support me by solve this problem....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next