Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:12 pm 

GPS: nuvi 770
anyone know when will this arrive singapore?

thanks.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
bluey wrote:
anyone know when will this arrive singapore?

thanks.

Between the two as it now stands and looking over in some few months from now, I think the 5000 is a VERY good buy and placed semi or permanently at a suitable spot by the dashboard (much more cost effective with function & :$$: than those prices with Kenwood etc) and it will have to be the Nuvifone rather than the 880... which I have tipped my USA GlareStomper biz Partner to buy 4me when it hits the shelves!!!

Glad I wasn't too rolled over by the IPhone, almost did and so with the n95 too...what a relief I saved abit for a better, more deserving NuviFone...WOOT!!! \:D/

Hotels & Lodgings ~ Cheaper Rentals ~ Invest in Resort Condos & Villas ~ Investment Tours ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Tournaments << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ Buy here yr GPS Shade

Post subject: Re: The Nuvi 800 Series
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi, GVN52 and 60CSx
Hi all,

Have the 5000 and 800 series arrived in Singapore/Malaysia yet? What is the indicative price range? If the 5000 came with bluetooth, I would definitely take it. Voice recognition is my 2nd priority.

Anyone here used any of this models, care to share?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:44 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
psp wrote:
Hi all,

Have the 5000 and 800 series arrived in Singapore/Malaysia yet? What is the indicative price range? If the 5000 came with bluetooth, I would definitely take it. Voice recognition is my 2nd priority.

Anyone here used any of this models, care to share?

Thanks.

This 5000 model is actually best suited for a SUV size vehicle and one that is not meant to be removed from the dashboard or the likes.

here is one summary as bottom-line:-

Quote:
March 14th, 2008 at 4:51 pm

No Battery - No buy
What is Garmin thinking…Have they ever used one of these themselves?

Quote:
The Nuvi 5000 which we talked about just yesterday is in fact real. The behemoth GPS navigation system - like we guessed - seems to be targeting larger vehicles such as trucks with its 5.2″ touch screen. The new Nuvi 5000 includes many of the features from the expensive 700 series but also adds a couple of its own such as the ability to store 10 routes with multi-segment capability and auto-sort destinations for the shortest and efficient route.

Like we said the ability to hook up rear view cameras make the 5000 suitable for delivery trucks and other small features such as the MP3 player, audio book support, FM-transmitter make the device more friendly. Not to mention it supports MSN Direct to bring you real time traffic, fuel prices, weather reports, movie listings, locals events, and news and stocks.

You’ll have to wait until February and save $800 until then… Oh and don’t forget: No internal battery in this one.

No good to anyone who only has "one" vehicle and depends mainly on it and also plans to be awarded unlock codes and this doesn't track for you either... not ideal for MY or Sing road users... [-X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241
how come only the nuvi 800 series and zumo can change battery?

Thinking of buying either buying the zumo (for water proof) or a Nuvi (Bigger screen).
Can't decide :hair: :hair:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:08 pm 
Elite
Elite

quaky wrote:
how come only the nuvi 800 series and zumo can change battery?

Thinking of buying either buying the zumo (for water proof) or a Nuvi (Bigger screen).
Can't decide :hair: :hair:

Well... unless U R usually caught wading or waddling through 1-meter deep flash floods on your routes with yr bike swimming in such areas... a bigger screen is the common choice as favorite... Nuvis are not suitable for bikes either.

Changing of the batteries is an extra feature (thats what progress is on this and U R getting charged for that too) which allows a user to stay away longer in the woods or somewhere else up by the mountain climb for example... carry many spare (rechargeable) batteries is the answer, I do myself now, with my T1 flashlight... :mrgreen:

Buy/Invest/Sell Real Estate ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Driving Range added << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:23 pm 
Regular
Regular

Holux M241
It will be good to have waterproof in case I bring it for fishing.. :mrgreen: But the screen seems a bit small. ](*,)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:31 pm 
Elite
Elite

quaky wrote:
It will be good to have waterproof in case I bring it for fishing.. :mrgreen: But the screen seems a bit small. ](*,)

Not for the sardine-size eyes if you are in their school of waters... :mrgreen: If it drops in..liao leh, but the fishes can at least watch the new mini-tv.... :-'

For outdoor use with lots of moist surrounded, the Zumo is your best bargain and smaller in size it may be but then, you have yr hands all tied down with the hooks and rod and bait etc... it should do actually. Where do you fish btw, inshore or off-shore???

Buy/Invest/Sell Real Estate ~ PayPal Calculator
Image ~ Driving Range added << Black Mountain Golf & Realty >> Animation – Interested? Contact at this >> Email.
>> WiKi Smart move or >> WiKi Basics or >> WiKi on PDA + BT >>SpeedTest HERE<< Nuvi Tutorial ~ I use GlareStomper® Shades >> SGP highlights

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 pm 
Regular
Regular

Holux M241
have fished mostly inshore, at pond, off shore in malaysia (less) also.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:42 am 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM
Good review report by Gpsmagazine on the 880 - its verdict: speech recognition that actually works.

http://www.gpsmagazine.com/

Very impressive indeed, can just say "McDonald", "Starbuk".. and the set will respond fairly quickly.

Only problem I guess is the way we named our roads and POIs (Ah Huat Bak Kut Teh) in this part of the world and the set may get very confused.... anyway, must start to save money liao....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next