Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:04 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 270
eMap
http://www8.garmin.com/support/collecti ... 0-00621-10

Try it!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:51 am 

GPS: Nuvi 200
Upgraded my firmware to 3.30 yesterday and went out to try. Initial satellite lock positioned my car about 30-50 metres off the road I was driving on. My fault probably as I was not stationary while GPSr was trying to get a fix.

However what happened next was a shock. My GPSr was re-calculating the route (due to the incorrect initial positioning fix) and all of sudden crashed! The entire screen went blank and the unit switched off by itself.
:ko:

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the new firmware but I noted that Garmin stated "Fixed bug where road name was sometimes used instead of Highway number." as the only change versus 3.10. This is just my first encounter so hopefully just an anomaly but this incident has never happened before. Will report further if this happens again because it may be something to do with firmware 3.30.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:38 am 
Regular
Regular

eMap
I have updated it and have no problems with it. Maybe you should try to update again. After that, do a reset of your unit by holding on the lower right corner of the screen while powering on (remember to backup your favourites first before doing this). Hope it will work out better for you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:36 am 

Tried again the next day without resetting unit and glad to report no issues after forcing 2 re-calculations deliberately. So what happened on the first day was just an anomaly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:33 am 

Just updated mine which ran smoothly. Also there is additional thai voice language with the web updater. Will check out to see if my unit will now lock on satellites faster vs v 3.1. The lock time went worse for me from v 2.9 to v3.1.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 am 
Regular
Regular

eMap
I really hope in the next update they can add the satellite screen, just like other the 3XX and 6XX series...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:09 am 

GPS: nuvi 200 v3.40 Tracking,
Garmin Que + Asus BT238 GPSr
MapKing - HTC TytnII
GPSMAP 60csx
COLORADO
updated tO 3.30 using Webupdater on nuvi 200. Problem solved, i guess is too much patching of .img file.

Not sure is this is part of the 3.30 upgrade -

When you put an SD Card into the Nuvi, a msg will appear either the nuvi is firstly swith-on / during power up & running :

“New Extras data found on card. Would you like to install this data so that it will be available if the card is removed?” NO / YES,

I don't profess to know all the answers, no one does, there's a good chance that I know something about your problem or question or can point you in the right direction for more info. Constructive feedback from other forum members is also invited

Last edited by techracing on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:40 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: nuvi 200
I've updated my unit a few days ago but nothing significantly changed, locking time, recalculation, search fn, all about the same as before :-.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:07 pm 

Same here. No difference between 3.1 and 3.3 as far as I can tell. But got the new thai language pack during the web updater.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:07 pm 

GPS: Garmin 10X Bluetooth GPS
Garmin nuvi 710
GPSMap 60CSx
Garmin MobileXT SD with HTC U1000
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:

Improved overall map drawing speed to display up to twice as often.
Fixed an issue where the last entry in a list of Custom POIs could be blank.
Fixed an issue where using an SD card with maps overlapping the maps pre-loaded could cause the unit to shut down.
Fixed an issue where searching for an intersection across all cities in a country could result in no matches being found.

I upgraded my unit from version 3.40 to version 3.50 today using WebUpdater. :cry: Sad to find out that they have remove the track logging feature. Luckily, I still got my previous firmware update and successfully downgrade my unit back to version 3.40. For now, I will be still using version 3.40

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next