Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:22 pm 

GPS: nuvi 260
dwoon wrote:
I just tried it this morning to work. It will auto re-calculate when one strays away from its previous calculated path. But still, it will ask me to exit the expressway earlier and snake through the smaller roads instead of what I usually take. :-? (I chose shortest route instead of fastest in this case)

Oh, did you use the suction mount that came with the unit? Is it secure? Where did you stick it to? There's a lack of unobstructed space with meters on the A pillar side, then bottom centre will block the compartment.

If you choose shortest route, that's exactly what you get. So the "funny" route it is suggesting is most probably the shortest way to your destination. Choose fastest route instead and it will make use of the expressways even though it is a longer route.

Where do you intend to use the suction mount? I've only used it on the windscreen and it is very secure. The kiasu thing to do is to clean that part of the glass with rubbing alcohol first. As for the red disc, I think that is the backing to the adhesive disc, rt? That would then be for people who, instead of using the suction mount on the windscreen, would want to use it say on some other flat area on the dashboard that the suction mount can't proper "suck" on. :mrgreen: Stick that disc on the flat area and the suction mount will "suck" on it. I didn't use it cos the manual warns that if you eventually want to remove that disc, it could mark the area where it was pasted to.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:24 pm 

GPS: internet downlode
Why i can use the camera function , but cannot save the file picture map i shoot ? Now I use garmin 200w .....I want ask the picture file go where? i not buy a SDCard shall i need it to buy for save picture ? ... Thanks ..

Post subject: Re: Why
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:33 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
I presume you are using your Nuvi 200 snap shot function. If it is, you can find it in your Nuvi main memory X:\Screenshot\ folder. If you still can't find it, use Windows Explorer to search for *.bmp files. The screenshot are of bitmap format (*.bmp). Hope this helps...cheers!

P/S:- You should post this in the Nuvi 200 thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:40 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
dwoon wrote:
Oh yah... forgot to ask. What's that round red thing with a black plastic backing that came inside the box? :oops: Can't seem to find a use for it.

It is for those who want to mount their GPS to surfaces that is uneven eg. dash board top. The double sided tape is for you to fix it to the dash board and the smooth surface will be your suction mount mounting point. Hope this helps...cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Oh ok. Thanks. The thing is that thin manual which came with mine... didn't even mention this red disk thinggy..... :rolleyes:

watchthewaves wrote:
dwoon wrote:
I just tried it this morning to work. It will auto re-calculate when one strays away from its previous calculated path. But still, it will ask me to exit the expressway earlier and snake through the smaller roads instead of what I usually take. :-? (I chose shortest route instead of fastest in this case)

Oh, did you use the suction mount that came with the unit? Is it secure? Where did you stick it to? There's a lack of unobstructed space with meters on the A pillar side, then bottom centre will block the compartment.

If you choose shortest route, that's exactly what you get. So the "funny" route it is suggesting is most probably the shortest way to your destination. Choose fastest route instead and it will make use of the expressways even though it is a longer route.

Where do you intend to use the suction mount? I've only used it on the windscreen and it is very secure. The kiasu thing to do is to clean that part of the glass with rubbing alcohol first. As for the red disc, I think that is the backing to the adhesive disc, rt? That would then be for people who, instead of using the suction mount on the windscreen, would want to use it say on some other flat area on the dashboard that the suction mount can't proper "suck" on. :mrgreen: Stick that disc on the flat area and the suction mount will "suck" on it. I didn't use it cos the manual warns that if you eventually want to remove that disc, it could mark the area where it was pasted to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:37 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Legend C
dwoon wrote:
Oh ok. Thanks. The thing is that thin manual which came with mine... didn't even mention this red disk thinggy..... :rolleyes:

In time to come, you will also find other features not mentioned in the thin manual #-o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:46 am 

GPS: nuvi 260
dwoon wrote:

You might want to download the 7xx series manual:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/manua ... &pID=10625

A number of us find it useful as it's more detailed. Just ignore the other features that the 7xx has. The dashboard disc is mentioned on pg 1 and 49 of that manual.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:30 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
I wonder has anyone tried downloading the firmware of the 7XX series into the 200W? I wonder if that might work. Seems like the major changes are software/firmware related such as the routable capabilities, TTS, etc.... (except for bluetooh.) :rolleyes:

I find a shortfall of not being able to pre-plan my route by going to certain waypoints on route. Also, I'm not able to even store 1 route, let alone 10, which is a feature of the 760. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
dwoon wrote:
I wonder has anyone tried downloading the firmware of the 7XX series into the 200W? I wonder if that might work. Seems like the major changes are software/firmware related such as the routable capabilities, TTS, etc.... (except for bluetooh.) :rolleyes:

I find a shortfall of not being able to pre-plan my route by going to certain waypoints on route. Also, I'm not able to even store 1 route, let alone 10, which is a feature of the 760. :cry:

Bro dwoon, Nuvi 200 series is entry level, thus low cost equates to basic capability. If you want more capability like pre-plan route then you need to get higher end model. This is product marketing .. having different models to suit different needs.

Your suggestion to put 700 series firmware into 200 series will not work as hardware architecture is different :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Legend C
Is there a way to clear all the items in the FAVORITE, instead of one at a time ? ](*,)

There are several sub directories in POINT OF INTEREST, sub as FOOD, FUEL, SHOPPING. With the POIs i created from mapsource, how can i park them in these sub directories ? :-k

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next