Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 200W
Yup, that's what you need to do. So I used gmapprom1.img, gmapsupp.img & gmapoem. (please see the topic under garmin maps)

Since I used the gmapsupp.img in GPSr memory for the MSM My-Sin maps, my SD card is now empty and is ready to load some other mapset there (using gmapsupp.img).

sentravip wrote:
dwoon wrote:
Another bro mentioned that you can store a couple more maps in your GPSs's memory under gmapprom1.img, gmapoem.img & gmapsupp.img. (apart from the one in the SD card). I've tried this and it works. So I don't need to linl the East Malaysia maps with the Singapore ones by sendmap20/Patchimg as that'll lsoe the address function in the latest release of the Gold edition Malsingmaps.

Wow... Interesting!

In order for that to work, gotta name the additional maps as either gmapprom1.img, gmapoem.img and install in the main memory?

While MSM's mysin map remain the name as gmapsupp.img and let it resides in the SD card?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Legend C
dwoon wrote:
There's a speed alert POI file which can be stored under a directory named POI. (If you don't already know). It'll show up in the "extras" menu in your GPSr. Not sure how many of these file can be accepted though but I suspect its only 1.

i stored my "AXN stations, ERP Gantries, and Speedtrap" in a POI sub-folder in my SD card. During the initial boot up, my 200W will prompt me whether to upload these new POIs into the system memory. After which, these "gpi" files are automatically created in the "POI" folder in the "EXTRA" menu. It can store more than 1 "gpi" files.

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:46 pm 
Regular
Regular

Thanks bro. WIll try later tonight when I'm home.

udaloy wrote:
dwoon wrote:
There's a speed alert POI file which can be stored under a directory named POI. (If you don't already know). It'll show up in the "extras" menu in your GPSr. Not sure how many of these file can be accepted though but I suspect its only 1.

i stored my "AXN stations, ERP Gantries, and Speedtrap" in a POI sub-folder in my SD card. During the initial boot up, my 200W will prompt me whether to upload these new POIs into the system memory. After which, these "gpi" files are automatically created in the "POI" folder in the "EXTRA" menu. It can store more than 1 "gpi" files.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Legend C
dwoon wrote:
Thanks bro. WIll try later tonight when I'm home.

Shouldn't all these be done in office ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:30 pm 
Regular
Regular

Not too niced to be fiddling around with a GPS in the office. Plugging in & out of the USB to mini USB cables, etc..... :-.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:34 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi, GVN52 and 60CSx
Just updated to v3.10, it supports now many text languages, including Simplified chinese , traditional chinese, Japanese, Thai and Korean.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 am 

GPS: Garmin 1350
Just a newbie user to 200W, some questions here.
1.Will the map come up with a close up instruction shot when it approaching a turn likes it appears when u press the right bottom corner? Last time I used Garmin Q with my PDA with Malsing map, it will automatically pop up when a detail turn instruction before a turn.
2. Is there anyway way to display the speed and distance to destination information on the screen when u are navigating?
I understand when u press the left bottom key it will bring up all the information like speed and distance travelled, but I think it will be more useful where it could display together on the navagation map..

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:56 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Nuvi 200
Nope, not when navigating. When you're just drving around, then yes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:31 pm 

GPS: Garmin nuvi 220W
hey all,

I hv just bought a 200W today, realised that the unit has s/w version of 2.30, audio version of 2.00 and GPS sw version of 2.60m. After reading the newbie thread, i still can't how do i get these versions to be updated to the latest.. maybe i'm too tired after reading the threads. :ko: Can anyone help me along? And wonder if anyone advise how to update the latest maps for singapore with all the poi? #-o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 pm 

GPS: operating system - 2.6.1
Presently I am station in Taiwan, and i getting the Garmin 200W, pre installed with Taiwan maps...Can i install Singapore maps into this Taiwan bought machine? Wat are the steps needed?

Last edited by sabre23t on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moved to "Garmin Automotive" forum from "General GPS Chat" forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next