Garmin - General Discussion - Part 2

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: How to install map to my GPS

#11 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:56 am

areku33 wrote:Hi,
I had just bought the garmin 200 and would like to install the Singapore map. I have install the MySin.exe into my PC but have no idea how to proceed from there as I do not have any installation guide. Can anyone help ?

Many thanks

:welcome: to malsingmaps where all Garmin is discussed.

Please advise where did you get the MySin.exe. The provider of the maps should have provided you with instructions as to how to transfer the maps to your Nuvi.

To use the "latest" maps from malsingmaps, you will need to contribute POI, Error reporting etc.. before an unlock key is provided.

As an alternative to get you started, suggest you download the "June 07" maps as a starter. It is sufficient to allow you to navigate in Singapore and Malaysia. Click on link below and download the " All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Open) ".

http://www.malsingmaps.com/portal/downloads.php

Unzip it and copy it to your SD card /garmin subdirectory and you are all set.
DO NOT COPY THIS INTO YOUR MAIN MEMORY OF YOUR NUVI as this WILL erase your pre-installed Europe map.

Suggest you then spend some time absorbing knowledge via the link that bro unclediy mentioned.

There is a coming GG in Singapore at West Coast Park MacDonalds this weekend. You may like to consider to attend where seniors can assist you. Click on link for more info on it

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5777

areku33
GPS: Garmin 200

#12 Post by areku33 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 am

Hi All,
Many thanks for your information and guide... I will try to install and hope i can start using it asap. I bought the device here is europe at $270 SG. How much does it cost in Singapore ? I heard is cheaper here thts why i bought it without doing some research. Hope it work fine after installing the SG map when i return to sg.

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, 10X, Nuvi3597LMT, Kenwood DNX9170S

#13 Post by trajet2b » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:39 am

areku33 wrote:Hi All,
Many thanks for your information and guide... I will try to install and hope i can start using it asap. I bought the device here is europe at $270 SG. How much does it cost in Singapore ? I heard is cheaper here thts why i bought it without doing some research. Hope it work fine after installing the SG map when i return to sg.
Last i heard in SG was about $390.

So i would say, additional $120 to get it immediately at your local store and local warranty too. Which include a 1 to 1 exchange if for some reason you are so 'lucky' it craps out in the first few days.

areku33

#14 Post by areku33 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi All,
I had manage to download the open version of malsing. I have a few question :

1)As i will not be using the malaysia map, how can i disable it? cos during my search, the malaysia road name also appear. this causes the search to be very long.

2)Also, how can I disable the original europe map as well?

Regards

bartmp8
Senior Mapper
GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)

#15 Post by bartmp8 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:50 pm

areku33 wrote:Hi All,
I had manage to download the open version of malsing. I have a few question :

1)As i will not be using the malaysia map, how can i disable it? cos during my search, the malaysia road name also appear. this causes the search to be very long.

2)Also, how can I disable the original europe map as well?

Regards
To disable any installed maps go to: Spanner / settings/ Map / map info then uncheck any mapset you wish to
disable. (Nuvi 200)

areku33

#16 Post by areku33 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:29 pm

HI,
Thks for your info. I manage to get it. Sorry got a problem here.

I try to search for my house no, Eg, woodland 885, but it return no search. It work only if i search for woodl
. If this the case, how can i search for area with blk nos ? Eg, pasir ris 445 ?

I saw the instruction that i can search using space 445 space. However, it return no result. Aplolgise for answing too many question

deani77
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 42 (Navigation)

#17 Post by deani77 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:06 am

I think our map not that details up to house number. If road name I think so. :-k

Cklasse
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 370

#18 Post by Cklasse » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:44 pm

I had Malsing map in my SD card and has been using it since I bought my Nuvi 370 (it comes pre-loaded with original US and Europe map).
Recently I unchecked all map except the US map but the Garmin US map does not show up, instead it is still the Malsing map.

Did I miss out any steps? How do I get the Garmin US map to work?

chek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: 60CSx, Nuvi760, 2465LM

#19 Post by chek » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:21 pm

The Garmin US map will only show if you are in the US.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

#20 Post by SilverBeauty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Cklasse wrote:I had Malsing map in my SD card and has been using it since I bought my Nuvi 370 (it comes pre-loaded with original US and Europe map).
Recently I unchecked all map except the US map but the Garmin US map does not show up, instead it is still the Malsing map.

Did I miss out any steps? How do I get the Garmin US map to work?
:welcome: bro cklasse :welcome: to malsingmaps where all Garmin is discussed.

Suggest that you immerse in our wiki section for basics of GPS and then followed by READING the manual of your Nuvi. GPS will show maps for current location. If you want to show a map of a different location, you will have to manually move the map to show that of that location.