Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:17 am 
Offline
Regular
Regular

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Singapore
GPS: Garmin 200W
tks wrote:
dafansu wrote:
tks wrote:
Anyone has the latest Nuvi prices from Singapore shops like Perfect Watch and Allbright Technology?


i only have garmin 200 $339 and 200w$399 (without original map) from perfect watch. just checked few days back


Are these prices with GST? I just checked yesterday and was quoted:

All Nuvis without maps and inclusive of GST
200 $350
200W $450
310 $499
710 $690

270 with NA & Europe maps $699
770 with NA & Europe maps $1099


yup gst included, these is what the guy told me when i called him


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:43 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 4
GPS: Garmin Nuvi600
I have a Nuvi 650, which cannot start up now :cry:
It happens after my wife unplugs the device from my laptop halfway through copying the new maps.
I have tried the hard reset - clearing all user data - but still the same problem.
The device will just hang on the start up screen where it says loading maps... :hair:

Can someone help me please.. what should i do next :prayer:

~wk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:29 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:14 am
Posts: 40
Location: Cheras, KL
GPS: Garmin Nuvi 710
wkteoh wrote:
I have a Nuvi 650, which cannot start up now :cry:
It happens after my wife unplugs the device from my laptop halfway through copying the new maps.
I have tried the hard reset - clearing all user data - but still the same problem.
The device will just hang on the start up screen where it says loading maps... :hair:

Can someone help me please.. what should i do next :prayer:

~wk


It is almost same my last time problem about loading maps.
The only way is... you need to send back to your dealer (mostly there will send it back to Taiwan for repairing & need to wait at least 1 month).
So next time, you can not dirently copy your map to your nuvi.
You should copy it to your SD card first.
If no problem to loading the map, than you can install it to your nuvi or still using SD card.
For me... I like to use SD card to avoid any problem for loading map


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 105
Location: Shanghai, PRC
GPS: No GPS
Owners of the garmin nuvi line of gps navigation devices can create their own
personal vehicle icons to supplement or replace the vehicles that ship with the unit.
Follow this LINK and there are many other instructions for GPS related, use search function for GPS.... :thumbsup:

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keroll23/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:08 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 16
GPS: Mobile 10x
Hi all,
Since there is no thread to show a quick compare between the model, I thought it maybe useful compare the most commonly discussed model (except for 255W which is new model). I also include comments on some feature if it is useful in Singapore. Feel free to add the additional feature that you know about the model below so brothers here could have clear view of each model for comparison.

255W :
price range -
processor -
map provided -
4.8"W x 2.9"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.4 x 2.0 cm)
up to 4 hours
waypoints : 1000
route : 0
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : Yes
Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): No
MSN® Direct for U.S. : Yes (not useful in SGP)
Where Am I? feature (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): Yes
Car locator feature (marks position when removed from windshield mount): no
MP3 player: No
Audio book player: no(not useful in SGP)
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): Yes
FM transmitter: no
Headphone jack/audio line-out: no

310
price range -
processor -
map provided -
3.87"W x 2.91"H x .87"D (9.83 x 7.39 x 2.21 cm)
up to 8 hours
waypoint : 500
route : 0
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : No
Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): No
MSN® Direct for U.S. : No(not useful in SGP)
Where Am I? feature (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): No
Car locator feature (marks position when removed from windshield mount): no
MP3 player: yes
Audio book player: yes(not useful in SGP)
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): no
FM transmitter: no
Headphone jack/audio line-out: yes

670 :
price range -
processor -
map provided -
4.9"W x 2.9"H x .9"D (12.4 x 7.4 x 2.3 cm)
up to 7 hours
waypoint : 500
route : 0
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : Yes
Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): No
MSN® Direct for U.S. : No(not useful in SGP)
Where Am I? feature (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): No
Car locator feature (marks position when removed from windshield mount): no
MP3 player: yes
Audio book player: yes(not useful in SGP)
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): no
FM transmitter: yes
Headphone jack/audio line-out: yes

760 :
price range - S$888
processor -
map provided -
4.8"W x 3.0"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.6 x 2.0 cm)
up to 5 hours
waypoint : 500
route : 10
Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : Yes
Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): Yes
MSN® Direct for U.S. : Yes(not useful in SGP)
Where Am I? feature (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): Yes
Car locator feature (marks position when removed from windshield mount): yes
MP3 player: yes
Audio book player: yes(not useful in SGP)
Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes
FM transmitter: yes
Headphone jack/audio line-out: yes[/quote]


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:48 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1311
Location: Penang
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
wkteoh wrote:
I have a Nuvi 650, which cannot start up now :cry:
It happens after my wife unplugs the device from my laptop halfway through copying the new maps.
I have tried the hard reset - clearing all user data - but still the same problem.
The device will just hang on the start up screen where it says loading maps... :hair:

Can someone help me please.. what should i do next :prayer:

~wk


Bro,

If you have backup your Nuvi main memory and the GPS can still be detected by your PC try copying all the files or the just the map back to the Nuvi. If this doesn't work.... your LAST chance is to format. I have not tried formatting... don't know how to flash back its O/S or Firmware but it is worth a try if your unit is out of warranty. I presume after formatting you can run the Firmware update to load it.... [-o< Don't try this unless absolutely necessary.... OK?... cheers!

_________________
MSM Glossary/Index - http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:52 am 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:00 am
Posts: 1311
Location: Penang
GPS: Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575, Papaga N1, iGo, 5800, M1200, M1000B/C
osakachan wrote:
Hi all,
Since there is no thread to show a quick compare between the model, I thought it maybe useful compare the most commonly discussed model (except for 255W which is new model). I also include comments on some feature if it is useful in Singapore. Feel free to add the additional feature that you know about the model below so brothers here could have clear view of each model for comparison.


Bro osakachan,

Thanks for the effort. Wouldn't it be easier to give a link to Garmin and let the Members select their own choice of GPS for side by side comparison?...cheers!

_________________
MSM Glossary/Index - http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57986#p57986


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:22 pm 
Offline
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Posts: 294
Location: Prai, Penang
GPS: n95+gmxt, vista hcx
I agree with you Bro Moey, with the online side by side comparison, it's much more easier to see. Here is the link, https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 16
GPS: Mobile 10x
moeyHC wrote:
osakachan wrote:
Hi all,
Since there is no thread to show a quick compare between the model, I thought it maybe useful compare the most commonly discussed model (except for 255W which is new model). I also include comments on some feature if it is useful in Singapore. Feel free to add the additional feature that you know about the model below so brothers here could have clear view of each model for comparison.


Bro osakachan,

Thanks for the effort. Wouldn't it be easier to give a link to Garmin and let the Members select their own choice of GPS for side by side comparison?...cheers!


I realised comparing the spec in Garmin does not tell much. Eg. 670 is more ex than 760. Also why is 255W spec is quite similar to the higher model range but yet cheaper. I think with the experience from brothers here, it may helps to gives a clearer answers.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:38 am 
Offline
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
Posts: 4851
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
osakachan wrote:
I realised comparing the spec in Garmin does not tell much. Eg. 670 is more ex than 760. Also why is 255W spec is quite similar to the higher model range but yet cheaper. I think with the experience from brothers here, it may helps to gives a clearer answers.


IMHO, below mentioned drives the price :-k

1. Pre-loaded maps or no maps
2. Advanced Functional features
3. Size of Memory


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group