The Nuvi 200W - Part 3

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

dafansu
Regular
Regular
GPS: Garmin 200W

Re: The Nuvi 200W - Part 3

#21 Post by dafansu » Fri May 02, 2008 9:12 am

libra6868 wrote:
Peef wrote:I called them this morning. They said that they can't help and I'd have to take it to Eastgear. Very worried cos I'm only getting my car this weekend and I was having a play with the unit.
trendmobile get the nuvi from eastgear?? what kind of customer service is that since tm provide local warranty??

dun worry...you only lost jerome donor maps.......pm jerome with your unit id see whether is he willing to help you out as jerome would have your unit id since TM "donate" for you .......come to worst just donate again if jerome dun want to help and you wanted his map badly.......but i would not donate if jerome have the same attitude as TM....the free map from msm is good enough................
if i'm not wrong should be eastgear got it from trendmobile cause i bought it from eastgear and they gave me a form to fill up for the jerome map and on top stated as trend mobile

libra6868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GPS: Nokia5800

#22 Post by libra6868 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:16 am

dafansu wrote: if i'm not wrong should be eastgear got it from trendmobile cause i bought it from eastgear and they gave me a form to fill up for the jerome map and on top stated as trend mobile
if EG get from TM, then why TM ask him to go to EG??
more likely TM has agreement with jerome for his donor maps, hence EG tagged along TM for jerome maps.....

udaloy
Regular
Regular
GPS: Legend C

#23 Post by udaloy » Fri May 02, 2008 9:37 am

beebox wrote:Hi everyone,

Is there a plastic casing for the 200w? similar to those PDA plastic protective casing we see at sim lim..

I'm interested to mount my 200w on my bike handle bar clamp using velcro or wadever i can think of..

I know it is not waterproof,but i won't be riding in the rain anyway..

Any tips to mount the 200w onto a bike ??

Cheers! :thumbsup:
I have a 200W for the car, and a Legend C for my bike but I'm tempted to mount my 200W on my bike too.
For water-proofing, i have thought of using a customised clear transparent slip-on, to give it some protection till i find shelter for those sudden downpours.

On my bike, i DIY a mount, less than $5, for my Legend C, and i could probably adapt for use with the 200W.

The only disadvantage of using the 200W over is that it doesn't have "track log' function.

:D

Peef
GPS: Nuvi 200W

#24 Post by Peef » Fri May 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Peef wrote:
Peef wrote:Help needed!!! I bought a Nuvi200W with the Jerome maps installed from Trendsmobile. Everything was fine until I tried to install the all vehicle package. This resulted in me accidentally deleting the files that originally came on the sd card!! :ko:
Anything I can do to recover the lost files??

Thanks
An update:

I have managed to recover the following files
card_test.tmp
gmapsupp.sum
_MAPSUPP.UNL
Jan_08_GMAPSUPP.IMG
Jan08_GMAPSUPP.IMG
J_GMAPSUPP.IMG
_MAPSUPP.IMG
_AT
HoluxNavi

Which of these should I install on the card?

Really need your help here as I'm in a fix.

Thanks alot guys.

Problem resolved. I took it to Eastgear and the helpful guys there sorted it out in 5mins. :good: Thanks to everyone who helped.

libra6868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

#25 Post by libra6868 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Peef wrote: Problem resolved. I took it to Eastgear and the helpful guys there sorted it out in 5mins. :good: Thanks to everyone who helped.
that is what local warranty and customer service about...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and make backup copy in your pc........

libra6868
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

#26 Post by libra6868 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:04 pm

udaloy wrote:
beebox wrote:Hi everyone,

Is there a plastic casing for the 200w? similar to those PDA plastic protective casing we see at sim lim..

I'm interested to mount my 200w on my bike handle bar clamp using velcro or wadever i can think of..

I know it is not waterproof,but i won't be riding in the rain anyway..

Any tips to mount the 200w onto a bike ??

Cheers! :thumbsup:
I have a 200W for the car, and a Legend C for my bike but I'm tempted to mount my 200W on my bike too.
For water-proofing, i have thought of using a customised clear transparent slip-on, to give it some protection till i find shelter for those sudden downpours.

On my bike, i DIY a mount, less than $5, for my Legend C, and i could probably adapt for use with the 200W.

The only disadvantage of using the 200W over is that it doesn't have "track log' function.

not easy to find bicycle handle mount for nuvi...especially the wide screen model as they are not design for such use.....but if you are interested....here
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Bike-Handlebar-M ... dZViewItem
http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/rap-274-ga22.htm

dafansu
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by dafansu » Fri May 02, 2008 8:46 pm

libra6868 wrote:
dafansu wrote: if i'm not wrong should be eastgear got it from trendmobile cause i bought it from eastgear and they gave me a form to fill up for the jerome map and on top stated as trend mobile
if EG get from TM, then why TM ask him to go to EG??
more likely TM has agreement with jerome for his donor maps, hence EG tagged along TM for jerome maps.....
maybe. but eastgear not selling garmn 200 but TM selling.

dafansu
Regular
Regular

#28 Post by dafansu » Fri May 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Peef wrote:
Peef wrote: An update:

I have managed to recover the following files
card_test.tmp
gmapsupp.sum
_MAPSUPP.UNL
Jan_08_GMAPSUPP.IMG
Jan08_GMAPSUPP.IMG
J_GMAPSUPP.IMG
_MAPSUPP.IMG
_AT
HoluxNavi

Which of these should I install on the card?

Really need your help here as I'm in a fix.

Thanks alot guys.

Problem resolved. I took it to Eastgear and the helpful guys there sorted it out in 5mins. :good: Thanks to everyone who helped.
but u got your set from trend mobile right? east gear still willing to help, so they are the supplier for trend mobile?

beebox
GPS: Garmin GPS60CSx

#29 Post by beebox » Sat May 03, 2008 2:47 am

libra6868 wrote:
udaloy wrote: I have a 200W for the car, and a Legend C for my bike but I'm tempted to mount my 200W on my bike too.

not easy to find bicycle handle mount for nuvi...especially the wide screen model as they are not design for such use.....but if you are interested....here
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Bike-Handlebar-M ... dZViewItem
http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/rap-274-ga22.htm

thanks for the lead !

i emailed the ebay guy,but he dun ship to singapore :x

any similar products in singapore?

cheers!

oriki
GPS: HTC TyTn II

#30 Post by oriki » Sat May 03, 2008 10:09 am

Hi bro beebox...
not sure if it's possible..
ask the guy if he can ship to VPOST at Portland, USA?
U need to have a vpost account though.
the shipping charges are also cheaper than wat overseas online shops charges.