Page 24 of 27

Re: Firmware Patch to enable Tracklogging in Nuvi 200, 250, 260,

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:05 am
by speedminded
jasonlee wrote:The Start Recording button is only active when you have satellite lock or on Simulator mode.

If for some reason when you patched, your location is no longer in Malaysia (or Singapore) then you will have to spend some time in the open (can be up to 1 hour) until you get satellite lock and the Start Recording Button as well as the correct time will be available.
Thanks for the reply! I went outside the next day and it worked instantly.

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 am
by aminpro
now i can get to contribute ! YEAH ! Lots of false road here in kota warisan and some few new houses is still not mapped so i'm gonna do it ! Well, after i learn how to draw roads on a map lol !

Re: Firmware Patch to enable Tracklogging in Nuvi 200, 250,

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:36 am
by Komanche
jasonlee wrote: Links to download the patches:

Nuvi 2x0 HWID = 0660 (Logs written in SD memory; file size 2827422 bytes)
Yes, I know this is really old thread, but I have this issue:

with installed the above patch, my Nuvi is working great, tracklog works but it is not "ringing" when POI is close. Before this update it worked, I have lot of POIs installed. Any ideas?

Re: Firmware Patch to enable Tracklogging in Nuvi 200, 250,

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:06 am
by jasonlee
Komanche wrote: Yes, I know this is really old thread, but I have this issue:

with installed the above patch, my Nuvi is working great, tracklog works but it is not "ringing" when POI is close. Before this update it worked, I have lot of POIs installed. Any ideas?
Try using POI Loader to transfer your POIs and set the proximity alert again. I am not aware of complaints from others. If it doesn't work, your options are to accept the patched firmware as it is for the sake of the 1-sec tracklog or revert to unpatched firmwares as nobody is now interested in patching firmwares.

Webupdater Fail

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:56 am
by ktan
I used to be able to use webupdater to update my nuvi 255W. However, since about 1 month ago, it failed to recognize the unit. Something must be wrong with the GarminDevice.xml file on the Garmin main storage drive. Does anyone know the fix for this problem? Thanks. :)

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:38 pm
by levrek
Hi,

Thanks for the All info
I have a nuvi 200w with an ID 835 Software version 4.00
Diagnostic mode OK,
USB cable to PC recognise my unit,
Run the updater.exe. But, comming this error mesage
“ No update files could be found.Please re-run Updater from the command line and specify the directory containing the update files as a command-line parameter.”

I could not find this file GUPDATE.GCD in the Garmin folder.
What went wrong ? Thanks

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm
by dvpro
levrek wrote:Run the updater.exe. But, comming this error mesage
“ No update files could be found.Please re-run Updater from the command line and specify the directory containing the update files as a command-line parameter.”
Try "drag and drop" RGN file into Updater.exe.

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:55 pm
by levrek
Thank you for your answer. My Nuvi 200w is ok. Tracklog is now working.
How can I install/display in the Nuvi my own track, which I made in Mapsource or Homeport? When I loaded my own tracklog (which is in gpx format) into the SD card and internal Nuvi. It didn't work in both of them. On the other hand, when I checked it on the PC, I could only see, which came from SD card. I couldn't open Nuvi's gpxfile also in the PC.

thanks for your help.

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:57 am
by mhs1864
SOS help needed from the gurus....

I had download software version 3.40.exe file to my nuvi 200w internal memory,
however when i checked the settings, it's still version 3.30....

What went wrong?
I had been reading from this forum until :ko:
still can't figure out...
paiseh... me abit IT idiot.

hope to hear from gurus soon...
pls direct me

many thanks!! :prayer:

safe driving :cheers:

Re: Firmware Update - Nuvi 200 Series - Part 2

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 am
by miezarnd
mhs1864 wrote:SOS help needed from the gurus....

I had download software version 3.40.exe file to my nuvi 200w internal memory,
however when i checked the settings, it's still version 3.30....

What went wrong?
I had been reading from this forum until :ko:
still can't figure out...
paiseh... me abit IT idiot.

hope to hear from gurus soon...
pls direct me

many thanks!! :prayer:

safe driving :cheers:
Hi mhs1864,

You supposed to run the update file on your PC not save it on your device. Please follow the instructions on how to update your device carefully from the website where you download that file.

Regards,