The StreetPilot Series

Discussions on Garmin Streetpilot, Nuvi, Zumo, Quest & other series.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
rickoes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm
GPS: Streetpilot C550
Location: SG N1 26.359 E103 48.191
Contact:

The StreetPilot Series

#1 Post by rickoes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Hi,
Streetpilot user please come in. \:D/
Others user also welcome. :)

User avatar
rickoes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm
GPS: Streetpilot C550
Location: SG N1 26.359 E103 48.191
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#2 Post by rickoes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:37 pm

nrewq wrote:So, what's this club suppose to do? :P

party :rock: ? lol...just kidding.
I guess same like what other club do, share information, problem, tips & tricks related to same model.

User avatar
NotSoBlurr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 pm
GPS: Garmin GVN52
Location: Woodlands, Singapore
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#3 Post by NotSoBlurr » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm

Garmin GVN52 user could be considered under StreetPilot Club?
Kia Picanto 1.1M
Toyota Wish 1.8X
Honda Super Four VTEC II

User avatar
rickoes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm
GPS: Streetpilot C550
Location: SG N1 26.359 E103 48.191
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#4 Post by rickoes » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 pm

NotSoBlurr wrote:Garmin GVN52 user could be considered under StreetPilot Club?
Hi,
I'm more blur, sorry no idea how Garmin GVN52 work. :hair:

User avatar
NotSoBlurr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 pm
GPS: Garmin GVN52
Location: Woodlands, Singapore
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#5 Post by NotSoBlurr » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 pm

rickoes wrote:
NotSoBlurr wrote:Garmin GVN52 user could be considered under StreetPilot Club?
Hi,
I'm more blur, sorry no idea how Garmin GVN52 work. :hair:
Garmin GVN 52 integrates with your vehicle's audio/video entertainment system so you can view detailed street maps on your system's integrated video display and hear turn-by-turn directions through your vehicle's stereo.

Refer to the Garmin websire:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=361
Kia Picanto 1.1M
Toyota Wish 1.8X
Honda Super Four VTEC II

User avatar
rickoes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm
GPS: Streetpilot C550
Location: SG N1 26.359 E103 48.191
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#6 Post by rickoes » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi,
Anyone manage to unlock All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) inside streetpilot ?. I did as what written inside unlock guide "For Nuvi, Streetpilot and MobileXT users, download and copy GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains your GMAPSUPP.IMG file."
My streetpilot still fail to unlock. Try used mapsource, able to see new singapore map with HDB block no. but not sure how to download to streetpilot. Anyone can share how to solve ?. :prayer:

User avatar
NotSoBlurr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 pm
GPS: Garmin GVN52
Location: Woodlands, Singapore
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#7 Post by NotSoBlurr » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:16 pm

rickoes wrote:Hi,
Anyone manage to unlock All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) inside streetpilot ?. I did as what written inside unlock guide "For Nuvi, Streetpilot and MobileXT users, download and copy GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains your GMAPSUPP.IMG file."
My streetpilot still fail to unlock. Try used mapsource, able to see new singapore map with HDB block no. but not sure how to download to streetpilot. Anyone can share how to solve ?. :prayer:
I am using Jerome Wee SG/JOH Map on my Garmin GVN52, which shows StreetPilot on boot up.

I have copied the GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains the GMAPSUPP.IMG file and also unable to unlock too. I hate this unlock code, so troublesome to install.

Have written to him and is waiting for his reply.
Kia Picanto 1.1M
Toyota Wish 1.8X
Honda Super Four VTEC II

Buddy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:19 pm
GPS: 60 CSx, Streetpilot c510
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#8 Post by Buddy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:16 pm

rickoes wrote:Hi,
Anyone manage to unlock All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) inside streetpilot ?. I did as what written inside unlock guide "For Nuvi, Streetpilot and MobileXT users, download and copy GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains your GMAPSUPP.IMG file."
My streetpilot still fail to unlock. Try used mapsource, able to see new singapore map with HDB block no. but not sure how to download to streetpilot. Anyone can share how to solve ?. :prayer:
Apparently there was a bug in the earlier downloads and I faced the same problem: I could unlock the maps in Mapsource but streetpilot would not unlock the maps despite a valid unlock code.

Download the GM-Mysin Mapsource Installer (Locked) & GM-Borneo Mapsource Installer (Locked) again from this site and use it with your unlock file, it helped in my case.

With the All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) version I experienced a different problem: although my streetpilot recognized the maps, however street names in Johor and Singapore were truncated to "T-----, J" instead of "Tebrau, J" or "N-----, J" instead of "Nakhoda, J" for example. Strange enough street names in KL displayed correctly. I had send an inquiry to Jerome, but to date no response.

Anybody experienced the same?

trajet2b
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: 60CSx, 10X
Location: SG
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#9 Post by trajet2b » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Buddy wrote:With the All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) version I experienced a different problem: although my streetpilot recognized the maps, however street names in Johor and Singapore were truncated to "T-----, J" instead of "Tebrau, J" or "N-----, J" instead of "Nakhoda, J" for example. Strange enough street names in KL displayed correctly. I had send an inquiry to Jerome, but to date no response.

Anybody experienced the same?
bro Buddy, this is my only guess only. Since you are using All-In One Gmapsupp, This is compiled by Antyong. Need Antyong to verify.

There are 2 types of coding page used in malsingmaps.

The 'old' coding page can be used for the majority of Garmin units, except for the newer units like Nuvi, GMXT, etc.

However, when using the 'new' coding page will give the opposite results for the 'older' units.

I suspect, Antyong could mixed-up between the two, hence in your all in one, the rest of the regions are OK except for Jhr & SG.

Buddy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:19 pm
GPS: 60 CSx, Streetpilot c510
Contact:

Re: StreetPilot Club

#10 Post by Buddy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:40 pm

trajet2b wrote:bro Buddy, this is my only guess only. Since you are using All-In One Gmapsupp, This is compiled by Antyong. Need Antyong to verify.

There are 2 types of coding page used in malsingmaps.

The 'old' coding page can be used for the majority of Garmin units, except for the newer units like Nuvi, GMXT, etc.

However, when using the 'new' coding page will give the opposite results for the 'older' units.

I suspect, Antyong could mixed-up between the two, hence in your all in one, the rest of the regions are OK except for Jhr & SG.
Thanks brother trajet, that could explain. In case antyong is reading this, can you please give advice or explain?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests