Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: The StreetPilot Series
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 pm 

GPS: Streetpilot C550
Hi,
Streetpilot user please come in. \:D/
Others user also welcome. :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: StreetPilot Club
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:37 pm 

nrewq wrote:
So, what's this club suppose to do? :P

party :rock: ? lol...just kidding.

I guess same like what other club do, share information, problem, tips & tricks related to same model.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm 

GPS: Garmin GVN52
Garmin GVN52 user could be considered under StreetPilot Club?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 pm 

NotSoBlurr wrote:

Hi,
I'm more blur, sorry no idea how Garmin GVN52 work. :hair:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:27 pm 

rickoes wrote:
NotSoBlurr wrote:

Hi,
I'm more blur, sorry no idea how Garmin GVN52 work. :hair:

Garmin GVN 52 integrates with your vehicle's audio/video entertainment system so you can view detailed street maps on your system's integrated video display and hear turn-by-turn directions through your vehicle's stereo.

Refer to the Garmin websire:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=361

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:25 pm 

Hi,
Anyone manage to unlock All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) inside streetpilot ?. I did as what written inside unlock guide "For Nuvi, Streetpilot and MobileXT users, download and copy GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains your GMAPSUPP.IMG file."
My streetpilot still fail to unlock. Try used mapsource, able to see new singapore map with HDB block no. but not sure how to download to streetpilot. Anyone can share how to solve ?. :prayer:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:16 pm 

rickoes wrote:
Hi,
Anyone manage to unlock All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) inside streetpilot ?. I did as what written inside unlock guide "For Nuvi, Streetpilot and MobileXT users, download and copy GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains your GMAPSUPP.IMG file."
My streetpilot still fail to unlock. Try used mapsource, able to see new singapore map with HDB block no. but not sure how to download to streetpilot. Anyone can share how to solve ?. :prayer:

I am using Jerome Wee SG/JOH Map on my Garmin GVN52, which shows StreetPilot on boot up.

I have copied the GMAPSUPP.UNL to the folder that contains the GMAPSUPP.IMG file and also unable to unlock too. I hate this unlock code, so troublesome to install.

Have written to him and is waiting for his reply.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:16 pm 

GPS: 60 CSx, Streetpilot c510
rickoes wrote:
Hi,

Apparently there was a bug in the earlier downloads and I faced the same problem: I could unlock the maps in Mapsource but streetpilot would not unlock the maps despite a valid unlock code.

Download the GM-Mysin Mapsource Installer (Locked) & GM-Borneo Mapsource Installer (Locked) again from this site and use it with your unlock file, it helped in my case.

With the All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) version I experienced a different problem: although my streetpilot recognized the maps, however street names in Johor and Singapore were truncated to "T-----, J" instead of "Tebrau, J" or "N-----, J" instead of "Nakhoda, J" for example. Strange enough street names in KL displayed correctly. I had send an inquiry to Jerome, but to date no response.

Anybody experienced the same?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:50 pm 
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GPS: 60CSx, 10X
Buddy wrote:
With the All-in-one GMAPSUPP (Locked) version I experienced a different problem: although my streetpilot recognized the maps, however street names in Johor and Singapore were truncated to "T-----, J" instead of "Tebrau, J" or "N-----, J" instead of "Nakhoda, J" for example. Strange enough street names in KL displayed correctly. I had send an inquiry to Jerome, but to date no response.

Anybody experienced the same?
bro Buddy, this is my only guess only. Since you are using All-In One Gmapsupp, This is compiled by Antyong. Need Antyong to verify.

There are 2 types of coding page used in malsingmaps.

The 'old' coding page can be used for the majority of Garmin units, except for the newer units like Nuvi, GMXT, etc.

However, when using the 'new' coding page will give the opposite results for the 'older' units.

I suspect, Antyong could mixed-up between the two, hence in your all in one, the rest of the regions are OK except for Jhr & SG.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:40 pm 

GPS: 60 CSx, Streetpilot c510
trajet2b wrote:
bro Buddy, this is my only guess only. Since you are using All-In One Gmapsupp, This is compiled by Antyong. Need Antyong to verify.

There are 2 types of coding page used in malsingmaps.

The 'old' coding page can be used for the majority of Garmin units, except for the newer units like Nuvi, GMXT, etc.

However, when using the 'new' coding page will give the opposite results for the 'older' units.

I suspect, Antyong could mixed-up between the two, hence in your all in one, the rest of the regions are OK except for Jhr & SG.

Thanks brother trajet, that could explain. In case antyong is reading this, can you please give advice or explain?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next