quaky
Regular
Regular
GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241

Re: mount 10X below sun visor

#31 Post by quaky » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 pm

reframe wrote:
quaky wrote:Maybe next time I make paper house for my GPSr. I think signal can pass thru paper right?
I don't know but I think so since it is enclosed in plastic.
Alamak forget to test just now....anyway maybe use a baseball cap to cover? :finga:

kenngks
GPS: HTC Touch, GMXT, GarminAsus M10

#32 Post by kenngks » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:57 pm

For Singapore cars, I think most of you are aware that there are 2 slots provided in the ERP IU holder. To improve IU reception, V-Kool material directly above the IU was also removed with a small opening by the workshop. What I have done is to pull out the IU from the 1st upper slot and insert it into the lower 2nd slot. This leaves an opening to place the Mobile 10x on top of the IU without V-KOOL blocking. The GPS fix is quick and the GPS signal strength is as good as installing an external antenna.

AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!

#33 Post by AxeLa » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 pm

kenngks wrote:For Singapore cars, I think most of you are aware that there are 2 slots provided in the ERP IU holder. To improve IU reception, V-Kool material directly above the IU was also removed with a small opening by the workshop. What I have done is to pull out the IU from the 1st upper slot and insert it into the lower 2nd slot. This leaves an opening to place the Mobile 10x on top of the IU without V-KOOL blocking. The GPS fix is quick and the GPS signal strength is as good as installing an external antenna.
can show some pics?? :-?
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

tan83
Regular
Regular
GPS: GPS 10X
P990i
PPC 2003

#34 Post by tan83 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 am

kenngks wrote:For Singapore cars, I think most of you are aware that there are 2 slots provided in the ERP IU holder. To improve IU reception, V-Kool material directly above the IU was also removed with a small opening by the workshop. What I have done is to pull out the IU from the 1st upper slot and insert it into the lower 2nd slot. This leaves an opening to place the Mobile 10x on top of the IU without V-KOOL blocking. The GPS fix is quick and the GPS signal strength is as good as installing an external antenna.
U think u can share with us with a picture or not (to know wat u are talking about), just to see how might do it for my next new car :D

jchoong
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: 2575 + 40LM

#35 Post by jchoong » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:20 pm

This is very interesting; appreciate some pics. BTW, have you experienced any problems with errors on the ERP IU with the 10X slotted above it? I thought the IU should have unblocked "view" of the ERP gantry to avoid errors.

AxeLa
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!

#36 Post by AxeLa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:47 pm

jchoong wrote:
This is very interesting; appreciate some pics. BTW, have you experienced any problems with errors on the ERP IU with the 10X slotted above it? I thought the IU should have unblocked "view" of the ERP gantry to avoid errors.
Waaa...like that I dun try liao....after kena summon... :wink:
Omnia HD with GMXT & Garmin 10X / Agis NavFone /
Nuvi 765

quaky
Regular
Regular
GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241

#37 Post by quaky » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:09 pm

alamak, paper is good :thumbsup: Take one of the used cupon, make a house for the GPSr