All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241
reframe wrote:
quaky wrote:
Maybe next time I make paper house for my GPSr. I think signal can pass thru paper right?

I don't know but I think so since it is enclosed in plastic.

Alamak forget to test just now....anyway maybe use a baseball cap to cover? :finga:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:57 pm 

GPS: HTC Touch, GMXT, GarminAsus M10
For Singapore cars, I think most of you are aware that there are 2 slots provided in the ERP IU holder. To improve IU reception, V-Kool material directly above the IU was also removed with a small opening by the workshop. What I have done is to pull out the IU from the 1st upper slot and insert it into the lower 2nd slot. This leaves an opening to place the Mobile 10x on top of the IU without V-KOOL blocking. The GPS fix is quick and the GPS signal strength is as good as installing an external antenna.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
kenngks wrote:
For Singapore cars, I think most of you are aware that there are 2 slots provided in the ERP IU holder. To improve IU reception, V-Kool material directly above the IU was also removed with a small opening by the workshop. What I have done is to pull out the IU from the 1st upper slot and insert it into the lower 2nd slot. This leaves an opening to place the Mobile 10x on top of the IU without V-KOOL blocking. The GPS fix is quick and the GPS signal strength is as good as installing an external antenna.

can show some pics?? :-?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: GPS 10X
P990i
PPC 2003
kenngks wrote:

U think u can share with us with a picture or not (to know wat u are talking about), just to see how might do it for my next new car :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:20 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: 2575 + 40LM
kenngks wrote:

This is very interesting; appreciate some pics. BTW, have you experienced any problems with errors on the ERP IU with the 10X slotted above it? I thought the IU should have unblocked "view" of the ERP gantry to avoid errors.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:47 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Omnia HD + GMXT with 10x / Agis NavFone /Nuvi 765 /nRoute with 10X / Di~GPS on D700!
jchoong wrote:
kenngks wrote:

This is very interesting; appreciate some pics. BTW, have you experienced any problems with errors on the ERP IU with the 10X slotted above it? I thought the IU should have unblocked "view" of the ERP gantry to avoid errors.

Waaa...like that I dun try liao....after kena summon... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:09 pm 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Holux GPSlim + XDA 2
Holux M241
alamak, paper is good :thumbsup: Take one of the used cupon, make a house for the GPSr