Garmin GPS - ? Need to pay GPS fee

NEWBIES, USE THIS FORUM AS YOUR FIRST STOP. Seniors will guide you on whether to obtain info and which forum to post your queries.

Moderator: Moderators

ctct
GPS: Garmin

Garmin GPS - ? Need to pay GPS fee

#1 Post by ctct » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:22 pm

May I check whether we have to pay additional fee to use GPS? For e.g. for Nokia N95, need to pay >$100 a year for the navigation.
Thank you.

Redstorm
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Montana 650, Nuvi 2465, 3790 & 3560LM

Re: Garmin GPS - ? Need to pay GPS fee

#2 Post by Redstorm » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:37 pm

ctct wrote:May I check whether we have to pay additional fee to use GPS? For e.g. for Nokia N95, need to pay >$100 a year for the navigation.
Thank you.
No, except for the original Garmin map, if u intend to buy, you don't have to pay a single cent to use GPS on a dedicated Garmin GPS device.
Last edited by Redstorm on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olight M20 R2
Jetbeam RRT 1, RRT 2
Fenix TK10, TK11 R2, TK12 R5, PD30, L1D, L2D, LD01, P2D
Romisen RC-W4, RC-N3
Ultrafire WF-606A, C3, A20, A10
MTE C3, C2-1
Surefire 6P

badrol
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Garmin Nuvi200

#3 Post by badrol » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:45 pm

ctct wrote:May I check whether we have to pay additional fee to use GPS? For e.g. for Nokia N95, need to pay >$100 a year for the navigation.
Thank you.
Yes, you have to pay USD1,000.00 per month to use the service. In addition, you need to get a special licence from the Ministry of Finance for the annual AP. If you intent to use it in a car with more than 2,000 cc, you need to pay additional 50% road tax plus service charges.

You also need to attend special traning provided by the ministry of telecomunication on the proper use of GPS. The traning will teach you how to avoid driving into a river when your gps told you to do so.

:nehneh:

joking arrrrrr. It free unles you use the a-gps feature.

Why don't you read the wiki first http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... Newbie.gif

low4
Veteran
Veteran
GPS: Dopod_D810 + GMXT.
Nuvi 650,
Holux m241

#4 Post by low4 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:53 pm

Thank you.
badrol wrote:Yes, you have to pay USD1,000.00 per month to use the service. In addition, you need to get a special licence from the Ministry of Finance for the annual AP. If you intent to use it in a car with more than 2,000 cc, you need to pay additional 50% road tax plus service charges.

You also need to attend special traning provided by the ministry of telecomunication on the proper use of GPS. The traning will teach you how to avoid driving into a river when your gps told you to do so.

:nehneh:

joking arrrrrr. It free unles you use the a-gps feature.

Why don't you read the wiki first http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.p ... Newbie.gif
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
岂能尽如人意,但求无愧吾心。- 刘四

apisfires
GPS: Garmin Mobile XT GPS at Nokia N95

#5 Post by apisfires » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:00 pm

waaaaa
pity him.... :nehneh:

100usd per year??? :$gone: :$gone: :$gone: :$gone: :$gone:
no, its free la....
1 4 ALL, ALL 4 1

SUPPORT MALSING FOR HAVE A MAP UPDATE.. SO CONTRIBUTE LAH...

stimix
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GPS: Nokia N78 (Garmin MXT for Navi & Racechrono for tracking)

#6 Post by stimix » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Dun bully him-lah...Nokia maps do charge RM38/mth for monthly Voice navigation and that's comes to about USD100/yr which is true facts.. :mrgreen: I did purchase a mth voice activated navigation b4 for testing...mind u lotsa error.. :thumbsdown:

So TS, Go & read WIKI and get ride of the lousy & $$$ Nokia maps! :mrgreen:

ctct
GPS: Garmin

#7 Post by ctct » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:44 pm

haha ok, thanks for the replies :) Can feel the camaraderie of the forum. Thanks for having this great forum!

FauSham
Regular
Regular
GPS: Nuvi, Garmin Legend Cx

#8 Post by FauSham » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 pm

stimix wrote:Dun bully him-lah...Nokia maps do charge RM38/mth for monthly Voice navigation and that's comes to about USD100/yr which is true facts.. :mrgreen: I did purchase a mth voice activated navigation b4 for testing...mind u lotsa error..
I pay RM40 for tourist guide in penang 3 months ago. :D. Very talkative than voice navigation system. Gadis sunti also :lol: =P~ .
Just for 9 hours....... rest of week, I use Malsingmap free map.... with my Nuvi760.... not so talkative but can go anywhere.... alone. :thumbsup: ....free.
FauSham @ MalSingMaps
Haiyaa....kita talak sesat aneymorrr...

lt eng
GPS: AGPS

Pay to use GARMIN on a cell phone?

#9 Post by lt eng » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi there, I'm a newbie in GPS.....experimenting it with my cellphone Nokia 6220 Classic. Had Garmin installed a week ago. Ph came with AGPS with NokiaMaps preinstalled but I am not using it. My question is :- Is there any charges (when ph is locking on to setellites, during navigation, etc.) by my network provider when i use the programme? Sorry if this sounds stupid! Thanks.

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Pay to use GARMIN on a cell phone?

#10 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:21 pm

lt eng wrote:Hi there, I'm a newbie in GPS.....experimenting it with my cellphone Nokia 6220 Classic. Had Garmin installed a week ago. Ph came with AGPS with NokiaMaps preinstalled but I am not using it. My question is :- Is there any charges (when ph is locking on to setellites, during navigation, etc.) by my network provider when i use the programme? Sorry if this sounds stupid! Thanks.
In AGPS mode, yes.