Forum rules

a) Vendors, please include the following information
- web or physical address
- contact email, IM or phone no
- warranty policy
- product and price list

b) Only for GPS / GPS related products

c) Buyers - caveat emptor apply.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Authorised Garmin Retailer at Digital Mall, PJ.
Yes, as announced, nuvi 205w is capable of junction view display but only on firmware 2.30. At this point in time, future firmware will not have this feature.

This is like nuvi 200 with a firmware that can do 1 sec. tracklog. We have tested it and for owners which has nuvi 205w (Asian set) i.e.e preloaded with Garmin City Navigator for Malaysia and Singapore, can update to this firmware and get junction view, now.

The junction view will remain, as log as the firmware remain at 2.30 (so don't update the firmware, unless necessary).

nuvi 205W with Junction view is available at RM935 with free leather pouch. Member who are ineterested can PM me.

Cheers, Kelvin.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 am 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
I'd recommend those already on firmware 2.30 to stay put since the next map release MSM 2009.4 will have plenty of JCVs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 pm 
Regular
Regular

Firmware 2.30 is stable and very seldom do we need to update firmware. Customer who buy localized set (Asian Set) can be assure of genuine product (not imported or refurbished set from us) and be rewarded with Garmin Compiled Malsingmaps.

Cheers, Kelvin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:02 pm 
Regular
Regular

Bump: -

New stock at old prices. For MSM members, RM935 per unit for nuvi 205w with Junction view (firmware 2.30). Also available is nuvi 255w at RM1150 with free Desktop Charger and Carrying case from Garmin.

Plenty of stock for all model, from Authorized Dealer and with genuine local warranty. Stire Location : 3rd Floor, DIGITAL MALL, PJ.

Cheers, Kelvin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
adilothman wrote:
I'd recommend those already on firmware 2.30 to stay put since the next map release MSM 2009.4 will have plenty of JCVs.

Err... I read that JCV for future release won't work on Nuvi 205/205W with firmware v2.30...

If stay put, means cannot update maps and firmware... Still worth to stay put??? :-k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 am 
Site Owner
Site Owner

GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
Zeus,

If i were you, i'd stay put at 2.30 for a while. Unless there is a real major FW update necessitating the upgrade. You will find that some FW upgrades usually offer minor improvements on things like language and non-critical errors and that you can still live with existing FW.

You need not worry of maps becoming no longer viewable because FW updates AFAIK NEVER cripples the ability to view and use maps. There must be a constant which allows all Garmin maps from the past and now to work. So i dont think there will come a day where if you do not upgrade FW, you cannot use a map.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GPS: Garmin nüvi® 765, Garmin nüvi® 3790T, Garmin Oregon® 550
adilothman wrote:
You need not worry of maps becoming no longer viewable because FW updates AFAIK NEVER cripples the ability to view and use maps. There must be a constant which allows all Garmin maps from the past and now to work. So i dont think there will come a day where if you do not upgrade FW, you cannot use a map.

Map is not an issue... Just that JCV cannot be updated... And soon will be outdated and pointless to keep...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:48 pm 
Regular
Regular

maybe wait and see. I'm sure Garmin has something good is installed for everyone in MY & SG.

Cheers, Kelvin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:18 am 

GPS: nuvi205W
GPSPowered wrote:
Bump: -

New stock at old prices. For MSM members, RM935 per unit for nuvi 205w with Junction view (firmware 2.30). Also available is nuvi 255w at RM1150 with free Desktop Charger and Carrying case from Garmin.

Plenty of stock for all model, from Authorized Dealer and with genuine local warranty. Stire Location : 3rd Floor, DIGITAL MALL, PJ.

Cheers, Kelvin.

jcv work for my nuvi205w taiwan version

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 am 

GPS: nuvi205W, nuvi765
GPSPowered wrote:
Yes, as announced, nuvi 205w is capable of junction view display but only on firmware 2.30. At this point in time, future firmware will not have this feature.

This is like nuvi 200 with a firmware that can do 1 sec. tracklog. We have tested it and for owners which has nuvi 205w (Asian set) i.e.e preloaded with Garmin City Navigator for Malaysia and Singapore, can update to this firmware and get junction view, now.

The junction view will remain, as log as the firmware remain at 2.30 (so don't update the firmware, unless necessary).

nuvi 205W with Junction view is available at RM935 with free leather pouch. Member who are ineterested can PM me.

Cheers, Kelvin.

I don't think your information is correct. According to Garmin, the new JCV release will only be workable on nuvi255W and nuvi760 Singapore/Malaysia localized models. They have done some modifications on the new JCV files, so beside those two localized models, no matter what S/W version or models will not be able to use the new JCV. Do not mis-lead the end users!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next