Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 am 

GPS: Mobile phone + Bluetooth GPS receiver
The details of features are in the manual.

If Apple had not rejected the application, the steps to use are:
1) Download it from the Apple Store just like you would do for other applications.
Press the 'Apple Store' icon at your iPhone, or you may do it indirectly using on iTune on a Mac.
2) Start the application and it will automatically bring up the previous map that you were using.
3) You may select another map from the iPhone memory.
4) You may download many maps into the iPhone memory.
All Garmin img maps are usuable.

The planned subsequent versions for the application was suppose to include:
- compatibility with open-street-map.
- map drawing, poi marking and then upload to PC.
- auto-routing.
- realtime update of mobile speed trap.
- agricultural/crops mapping.

Now hit a brick wall so I abandon this product and do other things.
My objective of this posting was to inform that we have missed what a good map UI could/should be and also to say that I have nothing nice to say about Apple's business model :nutz:, the packaging was nice though.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 am 

GPS: Garmin 255/265W
No.. don't give up.. How about host it on Cydia for Jailbroken iphone? BTW, did u JB your iphone as well? If you don't know how to host in Cydia.. i can try to find out for you..what do u think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 am 

GPS: iPhone 3G
Hi,

I registered to this forum for this specific reason, that is to Garmin running on the iPhone OSX. Please do not stop here, as we all know that nothing comes close to Malsingmaps in SEA. I suggest OP to launch this app in Cydia, charge for it if you may. I will definitely buy it.

Post subject: Re: Apple iPhone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 pm 

GPS: iphone
Hi,

any news on this subject. IMGOSM is the only iphone app that claims to read Garminmaps and would be extremely useful. Please do not abandon it. Release it through Cydia or at least let someone else continue your awsome work. There are lots of regions in the world were there are no good maps for the iPhone, but plenty in Garmin format.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:06 pm 

GPS: Mobile phone + Bluetooth GPS receiver
It is in Cydia Store under the Navigation category.
It is a completely full feature trial and you can run it as often as you like, however the map is obstructed after 15min of each launch.

Some "unusual" features:
- Can record your own POIs and display/overlay on the Garmin map.
- Ellipsoid grid.
- Different GPS bearing sensitivity for walking and driving.

Please download the user manual to see what else it can do.

Manual : http://sites.google.com/site/seewaterde ... m_V3.0.pdf

Video of Version2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdTJLzLEJiA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:06 pm 
Elite
Elite

GPS: XXX
Alamak, it support only the 3.1 firmware ](*,)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:24 pm 

GPS: Garmin
singawon wrote:
Alamak, it support only the 3.1 firmware ](*,)

Not true, I just installed it on my iphone with 3.0 firmware.

But how to get malsingmap into iphone? I can't find the GPSID needed to request for unlock code.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:40 am 

GPS: Dopod P100
I manage to install ImgOsm on my iPhone 3GS 3.1 with the sample map. Very glad that someone finally take the effort and time to build this app. Credits goes to the developer.

However I can't get the Malsing map to work. It says "Map not readable". I copy them onto the same directory where the sample map (01999908.img) resides. Those maps have no problem on my Garmin GPS. So at the time of writing I can't test the navigation function. However there's still a lot work to be done for it to become an adequate navigation app (driving). Here's my comments.

1. I find that the interface is too technical for a navigation app. I would prefer an interface like Garmin Mobile XT, nDrive or Sygic. Adding a + and - button instead of just using fingers to zoom in and out will be helpful especially while driving. There's only 2D map, no 3D.

2. The map color is not suitable for driving. It's too bright (white background) and the roads lines are too thin. It's too hard to look at while driving. There's no night mode. Such bright background is very dangerous for night time driving as human eyes can't adjust to two extreme brightness at the same time.

3. No voice navigation. Hope the developer is working on it and hope it pronounced the Malay street names properly.

4. Hoping to see the basic stuff, i.e. search places, rerouting, tracks, etc. in version 2 soon.

5. Perhaps the developer should look into the icons design. They really don't look too good for a GPS app. I would like to see the Settings menu to be iPhone alike.

6. USD30 for an incomplete app? It looks more of a BETA to me. Maybe that's the reason App Store doesn't approve it.

I am hoping to see more changes and improvement in future builds. Keep up the good work. For now I will stick to my Garmin Mobile XT.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am 
Veteran
Veteran

GPS: Nuvi 200W, Omnia II + GMXT
According to today's news report and press statement from M1, iphone will also be available in M1 store by year end. General consensus are, the price will be lower than incumbent Singtel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 am 

GPS: Garmin etrex vista - plain vanilla - no SD card, serial port communications only - no color screen
yamiya wrote:
I manage to install ImgOsm on my iPhone 3GS 3.1 with the sample map. Very glad that someone finally take the effort and time to build this app. Credits goes to the developer.

However I can't get the Malsing map to work. It says "Map not readable". I copy them onto the same directory where the sample map (01999908.img) resides. Those maps have no problem on my Garmin GPS. So at the time of writing I can't test the navigation function. However there's still a lot work to be done for it to become an adequate navigation app (driving). Here's my comments.

1. I find that the interface is too technical for a navigation app. I would prefer an interface like Garmin Mobile XT, nDrive or Sygic. Adding a + and - button instead of just using fingers to zoom in and out will be helpful especially while driving. There's only 2D map, no 3D.

2. The map color is not suitable for driving. It's too bright (white background) and the roads lines are too thin. It's too hard to look at while driving. There's no night mode. Such bright background is very dangerous for night time driving as human eyes can't adjust to two extreme brightness at the same time.

3. No voice navigation. Hope the developer is working on it and hope it pronounced the Malay street names properly.

4. Hoping to see the basic stuff, i.e. search places, rerouting, tracks, etc. in version 2 soon.

5. Perhaps the developer should look into the icons design. They really don't look too good for a GPS app. I would like to see the Settings menu to be iPhone alike.

6. USD30 for an incomplete app? It looks more of a BETA to me. Maybe that's the reason App Store doesn't approve it.

I am hoping to see more changes and improvement in future builds. Keep up the good work. For now I will stick to my Garmin Mobile XT.

I, too, downloaded the IMG OSM software for the iPhone. Here is what I found out.

a) The latest releases (NT) of the maps here show as 'unreadable'.
b) An older unlocked map that I got here in January, 2009 seems to load OK BUT
c) I can see a display of street names but no display of the maps themselves.

So, I don't know if this app works properly or not. It does not seem to be working properly for displaying maps and it certainly won't read the latest maps from here.

Cheers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next