Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

Hamsters, geocachers, hikers, bikers, 4WD kakis, aviationist, fishing fans, scrambler fans, kitesurfers and more .. come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
waypoint
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:00 am
GPS: Trimble Ensign.Foretrex 101/401.Etrex H/Vista HCx.Nuvi 255W/205.NOKIA E72.iPad 64GB 3G.
Location: The L'il Red Dot
Contact:

FS: Yaesu VX-177/E FM UHF Transceiver

#161 Post by waypoint » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Standard Package for ONE UNIT ONLY plus original power module for 6 x 'AA' Batteries (Module FBA-25A). Warranty Card is still un-filled.

Standard Package includes the original rechargeable battery, 220-240v wall-wart charger, antenna, belt-clip & stud, manual and box. This set is built tough! And advertised to be even submersible! Selling only because it's too 'complicated' for my mode of use.

Purchased May 2008. Asking S$200. Best Offer secures. MINT Condition.

Local sales preferred.

Detailed specifications can be viewed here - Yaesu VX-177/E FM UHF.

I could describe it as a walkie-talkie for the 'big-boys'? Don't take it from me... Here are what some others are saying about this unit - Reviews.

An overkill for my mode of use; using it at low-power (0.25W) to communicate with the plain vanilla FRS/GMRS sets and they ALWAYS hear me just fine within our usual operating distance. :-$

BR,
w a y
Last edited by waypoint on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, When Trumpets Fade."

User avatar
cruiser
Elite
Elite
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:43 pm
GPS: SGS Mp4 5.0, S2+S3, S4; TT GO 910+950; Nüvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T & 650.
Location: Haagse Duinen
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#162 Post by cruiser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks brudder Way for sharing/disclosing the details and links. I liked it myself and I hope a serious user can appreciate this opportunity you are offering. I would have taken it myself if I have an urgent need to use but not at the moment.
This is an ideal pair for the off-road tracker and adventuress!!!
:tracking: Recent caption
I do not claim copyright on the images (when it's not mine) displayed. The image(s) are only added to accentuate &/or amuse my posts.

User avatar
steiven
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:50 pm
GPS: 255W
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#163 Post by steiven » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi all, the wifi external antenna can use in walkie talkie? please advice.

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#164 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 pm

steiven wrote:Hi all, the wifi external antenna can use in walkie talkie? please advice.
Not recommended as one one uses frequency in the GHz range while the other uses it in the Mhz range.

User avatar
Nah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 pm
GPS: GPSmap 60CSx
Location: SGP
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#165 Post by Nah » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi to everyone,

Anyone know when to buy the clone kenwood in Jb or Singapore? Can PM me the address, best with waypoint. Thks.

User avatar
steiven
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:50 pm
GPS: 255W
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#166 Post by steiven » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Nah wrote:Hi to everyone,

Anyone know when to buy the clone kenwood in Jb or Singapore? Can PM me the address, best with waypoint. Thks.
How many unit you want? Let me know.....!! :)

Kenwood TK3207 2 Way Radio

Features Highlights:-

· Compact design
· Frequency range 440-480 MHz
· PLL Steps 25, 12.5 6.25, 5kHz
· Speaker – 500mW at less than 10% distortion
· 16 channel capacity
· Priority scan & talk back
· Advanced scanning options – priority scan, dwell time etc
· Voice guide to read out selected channel no. (one, two, three, four, etc. in ENGLISH)
· Internal VOX/Hands-free operation using optional headset
· Built-in voice-inversion scrambler
· FleetSyncTM PTT ID & Selcall
· QT (CCTSS) Privacy codes (38) – prevents you from hearing other radio users others than those in your group
· DQT – Digital Quiet Talk – More advanced than QT
· 2 programmable function keys large internal speaker offering half-watt clear audio output
· 9-14 hours NiCd or NiMH battery packs
· Tough & water resistant
· Key lock
· Programmable high/low microphone sensitivity

MYR299.00 / unit

User avatar
Nah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 pm
GPS: GPSmap 60CSx
Location: SGP
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#167 Post by Nah » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 pm

steiven wrote:

How many unit you want? Let me know.....!! :)

Kenwood TK3207 2 Way Radio

Features Highlights:-

· Compact design
· Frequency range 440-480 MHz
· PLL Steps 25, 12.5 6.25, 5kHz
· Speaker – 500mW at less than 10% distortion
· 16 channel capacity
· Priority scan & talk back
· Advanced scanning options – priority scan, dwell time etc
· Voice guide to read out selected channel no. (one, two, three, four, etc. in ENGLISH)
· Internal VOX/Hands-free operation using optional headset
· Built-in voice-inversion scrambler
· FleetSyncTM PTT ID & Selcall
· QT (CCTSS) Privacy codes (38) – prevents you from hearing other radio users others than those in your group
· DQT – Digital Quiet Talk – More advanced than QT
· 2 programmable function keys large internal speaker offering half-watt clear audio output
· 9-14 hours NiCd or NiMH battery packs
· Tough & water resistant
· Key lock
· Programmable high/low microphone sensitivity

MYR299.00 / unit
Hi Steiven, thks for yr offer, just got a used set. Thks.

charadeturbo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm
GPS: GARMIN
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#168 Post by charadeturbo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 pm

hi.. i m new here...
i have Kenwood TK 3207,(new in this hobby + in this forum),
it seem my walkie talkie cannot work over 1KM range.
can someone help or giude me in this problem...?

Thank's
NewBie :)

User avatar
SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
Posts: 4924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#169 Post by SilverBeauty » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:49 pm

charadeturbo wrote:hi.. i m new here...
i have Kenwood TK 3207,(new in this hobby + in this forum),
it seem my walkie talkie cannot work over 1KM range.
can someone help or giude me in this problem...?

Thank's
NewBie :)
Most of the claims of range on many Walkie Talkies are for unrealistic "perfect conditions". Any challenging radio environments will quickly cut your range to a tenth of the claimed range. Buildings / trees block or reflect signals, just like a mirror. Steel cars are even worse, and tinted windows are only a little better. Only lots of height will get you to the maximums claimed by manufacturers.

charadeturbo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 pm
GPS: GARMIN
Contact:

Re: Walkie-Talkie kaki (FRS & GMRS)

#170 Post by charadeturbo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Most of the claims of range on many Walkie Talkies are for unrealistic "perfect conditions". Any challenging radio environments will quickly cut your range to a tenth of the claimed range. Buildings / trees block or reflect signals, just like a mirror. Steel cars are even worse, and tinted windows are only a little better. Only lots of height will get you to the maximums claimed by manufacturers.
Thank's Master SilverBeauty for ur answer....

now i have kenwood KPG-87D v1.0 software, i like to try re-setting the set using that software, but i does't have the programming cable.
Can u tell me, wicth one is the better one to use, USB / SERIAL type..?

:)
NewBie

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests