Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 am 
Senior Mapper

GPS: GPSV(r),10X+PDA(r),Nuvi200(r),VistaHCx, 60CSx, Nuvi765(r),Oregon550 & Nuvi3790 (from Redstorm)
Please use this topic to discuss loading MSM maps into Garmin Handheld

A) Find the In-house MSM NT Format Maps in this Sub-Forum - Free and Unlocked
(Latest Map is the one with the highest number value - v5.xx)

B) MSM/Garmin NT Format Maps for Non Localised Units - Free but requires Unlock Code
(Click to read the whole topic, Latest map is the one with the highest number value - 2010.XX)

Click Here for:

1) How to download MSM to Garmin Etrex Legend/Vista (Handheld) Part 1
2) How to download MSM to Garmin Handheld Part 2

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 am 

GPS: Garmin 276C
hello everyboby....
i'm from sg buloh selangor. just brought 2nd hand garmin 276c. but having problem with the maps.
its old maps. how can i update my 276c's maps by my own?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
Fujiwara wrote:
hello everyboby....
i'm from sg buloh selangor. just brought 2nd hand garmin 276c. but having problem with the maps.
its old maps. how can i update my 276c's maps by my own?

:welcome: Bro fujuwara :welcome: to MSM

Suggest you check your 276C resources before you load our maps ie... the Garmin Memory Card capacity capacity and also update to latest available firmware to ensure compatibility to NT maps. Our 4.07 map is close to 35M.

Our maps available at our download section

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am 
Regular
Regular

GPS: Authorised Garmin Retailer at Digital Mall, PJ.
Yes you can. Just connect your 276c with the date card inserted and download the latest MSM gmapsupp.img file.

To transfer the map to your unit, pls use 3rd party utility like send map.

Cheers, kelvin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:47 pm 

GPS: edge 705
Further to my post on problems using Mac to paste unlock codes in the .unl file (trying to unlock NT map for edge 705) I couldn't find any way to make the .unl file work when pasting in the unlock code using text edit - or any other standard issue application on a Mac, despite trying every 'save as' option. Had to send files to a pc and paste in using notepad (saving as 'All files'), as advised. This is even though the .unl file looks exactly the same when pasting in the unlock code using mac (Os X) as it does using a PC. A more advanced mac user than I (basic) may be able to make the .unl work from a mac but otherwise I hope my pain helps some other basic mac users with the same problem.

Thanks for the quick response, great forum, great map!

Post subject: Vista HCX - Maps Issue
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:32 pm 

GPS: eTREK vISTA hcx
Hi Guys,
I am totally new to the GPS - recently 1 was given a brand new etrek vista hcx purchased in US. I am wondering if i can delete the US maps already in there and install malaysia maps instead? If so, how can i do it? Please help!!! Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 pm 
Senior Mapper

GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
David_ChongKC wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am totally new to the GPS - recently 1 was given a brand new etrek vista hcx purchased in US. I am wondering if i can delete the US maps already in there and install malaysia maps instead? If so, how can i do it? Please help!!! Thanks

Remove your SD card and place it in a card reader connected to your PC. You will find your US map in the /Garmin folder. The size of the file is about 1GB and is probably named gmapprom.img or something like gmapxxxx.img. Do not delete but move it to your PC for safe-keeping so that should you need to use the US map one day, you can move it back.

Next, download our latest map, MSM v4.09 from HERE.

The zipped file will unpack to gmapsupp.img. Copy this gmapsupp.img into the /Garmin folder of your SD card and re-insert your SD card into your GPS and you are set with a map of East and West Malaysia plus Singapore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:14 pm 

GPS: eTREK vISTA hcx
Thanks Jason - I will try it out. You are a great help O:)

Post subject: TECH IDIOT NEEDING HELP
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 am 

GPS: Garmin 60csx
Hi guys, Iv been trying for over 3 hrs to get the new official mal/sing maps ( MSM NT 2009.XX General release version) installed in my 60CSX. :ko: But im baffelled at step 5, where instructions are given to copy the .img and .unl file into the devise memory and not the sd card. I cant see 'garmin' on the file explorer if i dont set the interface to the 'USB MASS STORAGE' Mode. ](*,) I've tried copying them anyway but nothing. Could someone pls pls pls give me a step by step guide on how to install it on the 60CSX. Thanks :prayer:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:21 am 
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
dirtdevil wrote:
Hi guys, Iv been trying for over 3 hrs to get the new official mal/sing maps ( MSM NT 2009.XX General release version) installed in my 60CSX. :ko: But im baffelled at step 5, where instructions are given to copy the .img and .unl file into the devise memory and not the sd card. I cant see 'garmin' on the file explorer if i dont set the interface to the 'USB MASS STORAGE' Mode. ](*,) I've tried copying them anyway but nothing. Could someone pls pls pls give me a step by step guide on how to install it on the 60CSX. Thanks :prayer:

60CsX does NOT have internal memory to hold maps. Ignore step 5 as this is for Nuvi range of Garmin GPS. Instead, the map should reside in SD card /garmin subdirectory as gmapsupp.img and gmapsupp.unl respectively

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next