Win 7 Home 64bit Mapsource Error need help

Discussions on running GPS applications on your PC, Notebook or other mobile PCs

Moderator: Moderators

victor
GPS: garmin 60csx

Win 7 Home 64bit Mapsource Error need help

#1 Post by victor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Recently I changed a new laptop with 64 bit & Win 7 home edition OS, i found that there're some OS problem when i try to install the Mapsource. :shock:

at first installation faied dur to the software is not compatible with Win 7, than i try to fix it with Win 7 "Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows", it's work and the software seem running as normal, but not until i connect my Garmin 60csx to it to download data, once i pressed the transfer button, it resulting some serious error! not just the software on computer gone hang, even my gps also effected, after i pull out the USB cable n on the device, i found that all the recorded data inside the gps had disappeared..... ](*,) ! the mapsource also cant be operate anymore.... :ko:

is anyone here also facing the same problem? or anyone have any idea how to over come this issue? many many thanks.... :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

SilverBeauty
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Pioneer AVH-P8450BT
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad2

Re: Win 7 Home 64bit Mapsource Error need help

#2 Post by SilverBeauty » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:29 pm

victor wrote:Recently I changed a new laptop with 64 bit & Win 7 home edition OS, i found that there're some OS problem when i try to install the Mapsource. :shock:

at first installation faied dur to the software is not compatible with Win 7, than i try to fix it with Win 7 "Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows", it's work and the software seem running as normal, but not until i connect my Garmin 60csx to it to download data, once i pressed the transfer button, it resulting some serious error! not just the software on computer gone hang, even my gps also effected, after i pull out the USB cable n on the device, i found that all the recorded data inside the gps had disappeared..... ](*,) ! the mapsource also cant be operate anymore.... :ko:

is anyone here also facing the same problem? or anyone have any idea how to over come this issue? many many thanks.... :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

What version Mapsource did you attempted to install ?

Garmin only added support for Win 7 64 bit in version 6.16.1 onwards

Please read this link : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=209

victor
GPS: garmin 60csx

Re: Win 7 Home 64bit Mapsource Error need help

#3 Post by victor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

SilverBeauty wrote:
What version Mapsource did you attempted to install ?

Garmin only added support for Win 7 64 bit in version 6.16.1 onwards

Please read this link : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download ... jsp?id=209
Yap... U R right! the outdated version cozing all the problem, I already sorted it out by downloading the 6.16.3 version, extracting it after completed the Mapsource installation, now can function properly, :tq: !!!