Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:48 am 

GPS: HTC Touch, GMXT, GarminAsus M10
baba wrote:
You got that right...you my want to try switch-off the phone once and try again after switching it on. :-k

I tried:
1. Power off the phone by pressing the power button for at least 3 second and re-start the phone,
2. Just switch off the phone signal and turn it on again,

I only can see the maps selection check boxes for a split second then the garmin map just auto log out, same as before.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:04 pm 
Tracker

GPS: 60csx / 10x + GMXT / Holux M-1000 / GMPC on 901eeepc / Garmin-Asus M10
Try taking out your SD card and see whether you can still go up to Mapsourse to display the 2 main maps MSM NT 2010.20p and CN NT 2010.30 that is stored in MyStorage/System.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 pm 

GPS: Asus M10
I did not manage to copy the 3Dmap when I was installing the NT2010.40 map. It disappeared automatically. I could see it appearing in my G:drive when my phone was connected but after completion of the download the file just disappeared.

As for the JCV, it is in my Garmin folder under its own JCV folder.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 pm 
Tracker

iandao wrote:
I did not manage to copy the 3Dmap when I was installing the NT2010.40 map. It disappeared automatically. I could see it appearing in my G:drive when my phone was connected but after completion of the download the file just disappeared.

Solution: You may want to try this method HERE to get the "gmap3d.img" file.

This is how to get your gmap3d file
1. Download the installer (*.EXE) for nuvi 1460 from Garmin Singapore site to your PC harddrive
2. Extract MapData folder from the installer (*.EXE) using WinRar to get "gmap3d.img" and save it to your PC harddrive
3. Copy gmap3d.img to your SD card under Garmin folder (use card reader or Activesync to access SD card)
4. Turn off your phone once...turn back ON
5. Check under Tools, Manage My Data, Map Sets, MapSource....make sure you only tick 3D Landmark, Malsingmaps version 2010.40

iandao wrote:
As for the JCV, it is in my Garmin folder under its own JCV folder.

Solution: Since you already had the "SGMYMAL.JCV", just copy or move the "SGMYMAL.JCV" from the JCV folder under your Garmin folder to existing JCV folder in System folder under MyStorage in your M10 using ActiveSync. Therefore the JCV file can be displayed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:54 pm 

GPS: nuvi 1460
How to install latest MSM NT 2010.40 in your Nuvifone M10

1. Download the installer (*.EXE) for nuvi 1460 from Garmin Singapore site
2. Get your unlock code using your Device ID (10 digit) and save it as gmapsupp.unl
3. Extract MapData folder from the installer (*.EXE) using WinRar to get gmapprom.img , gmap3d.img and SGMYMAL.jcv (inside JCV folder) and save it to your PC harddrive
4. Rename the gmapprom.img to gmapsupp.img and copy it to your SD card under Garmin folder (use card reader or Activesync to access SD card)
5. Copy your gmapsupp.unl to your SD card under Garmin folder
6. Copy gmap3d.img to your SD card under Garmin folder
7. Copy SGMYMAL.jcv to JCV folder in My Storage under System folder
8. Turn off your phone once...turn back ON
9. Check under Tools, Manage My Data, Map Sets, MapSource....make sure you only tick 3D Landmark, Malsingmaps version 2010.40
10. ...you are ready to go now :thumbsup:[/quote]

Can somebody help me providing me the same process as above to install same map 2010.04 into my nuvi 1460? Thansk a lot in advance :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:27 am 
Tracker

zamoza wrote:
How to install latest MSM NT 2010.40 in your Nuvifone M10

1. Download the installer (*.EXE) for nuvi 1460 from Garmin Singapore site
2. Get your unlock code using your Device ID (10 digit) and save it as gmapsupp.unl
3. Extract MapData folder from the installer (*.EXE) using WinRar to get gmapprom.img , gmap3d.img and SGMYMAL.jcv (inside JCV folder) and save it to your PC harddrive
4. Rename the gmapprom.img to gmapsupp.img and copy it to your SD card under Garmin folder (use card reader or Activesync to access SD card)
5. Copy your gmapsupp.unl to your SD card under Garmin folder
6. Copy gmap3d.img to your SD card under Garmin folder
7. Copy SGMYMAL.jcv to JCV folder in My Storage under System folder
8. Turn off your phone once...turn back ON
9. Check under Tools, Manage My Data, Map Sets, MapSource....make sure you only tick 3D Landmark, Malsingmaps version 2010.40
10. ...you are ready to go now :thumbsup:

Can somebody help me providing me the same process as above to install same map 2010.04 into my nuvi 1460? Thansk a lot in advance :thumbsup:[/quote]

The prosedure is almost the same...only that you need to create "Map" folder in your SD card and put all the files that should be in Garmin folder into the "Map" folder.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 pm 

GPS: Garmin Asus M10 Nuvifone
baba wrote:
multi888 wrote:
What's "dead-reckoning-like feature"? Are saying that although there's no signal, the navigation still going on?

You are right mister....navigate right up to the end of the tunnel :thumbsup:

Garmin hve well sorted this issue and if u checked in the POI folder,there is a file named Tunnel.gpi....thats the magic right there!!...... :champ:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8