Malsingmaps Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:11 am 
Offline
Site Owner
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:00 am
Posts: 724
Location: Kuala Lumpur
GPS: GPS V,Colo 300, 60CSx, Forerunner 305 & 405, Oregon 300, Nuvi 255W, 1350, 1460, 3790, 62S
Hopefully this will capture in essence, the different kinds of maps available and how they work on different units. I've also included the pdf file.

Essentially for Nuvi's, you have the Local SKU's - meaning Nuvi's manufactured for the Malaysia / Singapore market. They have additional features which other Nuvi's do not have.

I did not insert 3D buildings because MSM has no immediate plans of making its own 3D building. Also I did not cover other features such as Time/Date Restriction, special speed situations etc.


Attachments:
MSM Compatibility Chart.pdf [330.09 KiB]
Downloaded 7468 times
MSM Compatibility Chart 600.jpg
MSM Compatibility Chart 600.jpg [ 173.51 KiB | Viewed 59824 times ]

_________________
Malsingmaps is now an official partner of Garmin to produce maps for MY, SG & Brunei.
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 1
GPS: Nuvi 205W
adilothman wrote:
Hopefully this will capture in essence, the different kinds of maps available and how they work on different units. I've also included the pdf file.

Essentially for Nuvi's, you have the Local SKU's - meaning Nuvi's manufactured for the Malaysia / Singapore market. They have additional features which other Nuvi's do not have.

I did not insert 3D buildings because MSM has no immediate plans of making its own 3D building. Also I did not cover other features such as Time/Date Restriction, special speed situations etc.


can my Nuvi 205W support JV?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm 
Offline
Junior Mapper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:20 pm
Posts: 1038
Location: Subang Jaya
GPS: 10x, Oregon 300, 255w(retire) 2575RLM
No

_________________
Ham Callsign = 9W2KDX
http://9w2kdx.blogspot.com/
Now In Subang Jaya


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:04 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:45 pm
Posts: 1
GPS: Singapore
Are the maps compatible with nuvi 1390 bought in US? Is JV supported on this device?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm 
Offline
Senior Mapper

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 2034
Location: Penang, Malaysia
GPS: Magellan Meridian Color
Garmin Nuvi 200, 260, 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30
gsuohs wrote:
Are the maps compatible with nuvi 1390 bought in US? Is JV supported on this device?

AFAIK, all Nuvi 1xxx can view JV if their firmware does not block it.

Yours being not a localised unit, your firmware blocks the viewing of JV in Garmin's CN maps for Malaysia and Singapore, however, your unit will be able to view JV in MSM's NT v5.xx maps when we have included more JV in our maps. That may take a while though.

_________________
Lean not on your own understanding


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 7
GPS: 265w
Can support 265w?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:19 am 
Offline
MSM Global Moderator
MSM Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
Posts: 4839
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra
GPS: Garmin Nüvi 1350, 3790T
Fenix
eTrex HcX
Panasonic ICE+Garmin
Samsung Note3
Apple iPad3
ng4026 wrote:
Can support 265w?



Yes you can use our maps.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Posts: 1
GPS: Nuvi 1390T
jasonlee wrote:
AFAIK, all Nuvi 1xxx can view JV if their firmware does not block it.

Yours being not a localised unit, your firmware blocks the viewing of JV in Garmin's CN maps for Malaysia and Singapore, however, your unit will be able to view JV in MSM's NT v5.xx maps when we have included more JV in our maps. That may take a while though.


Good to know that JCV will be available on US nuvi 1390 soon.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:01 am
Posts: 18
GPS: Garmin 205W
from the chart, does it mean if i install msm map in my 205W, i get junction view? im using taiwan set..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am 
Offline
Senior Mapper

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am
Posts: 477
GPS: Yang dalam kereta punya
vash_h wrote:
from the chart, does it mean if i install msm map in my 205W, i get junction view? im using taiwan set..

No. you cannot. Junction View & Lane Assist are not supported in 205W. :-'


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group